Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chemical Pregnancies and our Girl Sway

Hey ladies! Just looking for some advice. We've been trying for about 3 months now to sway for a girl and have had 2 chemical pregnancies. It's just really discouraging. This past chemical pregnancy was particularly bad because I'd had 4 positive tests and boatloads of symptoms and then had started cramping and heavy bleeding and a negative test. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    2016 2018 2020 Swaying for a in 2022

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you pursued any followup testing?? While normally they make you wait until three losses, sometimes you can convince them to test early. you would want to be tested for clotting disorders and thyroid issues.

Are you taking any supplements to "aid implantation"? Some of these things that are sold as helping conception, actually contribute to chemicals, so we'd want to weed them out. Even things that seem pretty harmless can actually cause harm, so anything that you can think of we may be able to eliminate?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic! Just saw this! They did not do any follow up testing but said to call them the next time we get a positive to come in for bloodwork as soon as possible after.

The only supplement I'm taking is folate and then sertraline which my doctor said was safe to take. Should I be taking anything else to help with implantation?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FluteMama94 View Post
    Hey Atomic! Just saw this! They did not do any follow up testing but said to call them the next time we get a positive to come in for bloodwork as soon as possible after.

The only supplement I'm taking is folate and then sertraline which my doctor said was safe to take. Should I be taking anything else to help with implantation?

Hey, I'm also swaying girl after having 3 boys. Off topic but how did you find taking the sertraline? I've got some in my cupboard and have been planning on taking it actually have been wanting /needing it for years but have aways been scared to take it. My doctor told me it's normally the ones who need it for anxiety are the ones who delay taking it due to the anxiety so catch 21.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Kaz! Sertraline has helped a ton with me. I have OCD and was having a lot of trouble functioning but sertraline allows me to actually feel calm and not stress about everything under the sun. I've been nervous recently whether it's contributing to my losses though because it does have some blood thinning and bruising tendencies. I was put on it when my youngest was a baby because i couldn't get my OCD/PTSD back under control. Having a baby during a pandemic kind of threw everything for a loop, so this is our first time TTC while I've been on meds.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Several years ago when I was swaying I had three chemicals in a row. I went to a RE and the doctor said she's actually seen patients that have multiple early losses then go on to have a take home baby and no cause is ever found. Sometimes there just isn't a reason for it. DH and I had extensive genetic testing done, hormonal testing, thyroid panel...and no issues were found. I even a HSG done and it all looked fine. I went on to get pregnant with DS3 a couple of months after my third chemical. Honestly SO many things can go wrong that it's incredible we're even able to have babies at all. I mean, heck I transferred a PGT tested normal embryo last year and she didn't even implant. I've seen so many women on here that have chemical pregnancies for seemingly no reason at all then go on to have normal healthy pregnancies. It's like a million things have to go right.

All of that being said, make sure you're not going to extremes with LE and sticking to the guidelines Atomic has set and not going below them. Could your iron be low? How much folate are you taking? Do you have PCOS?
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I'm the same i stress about everything. I could imagine the stress of having a baby during the pandemic must have been super stressful. Did you have bad side effects while starting the sertraline? What daily dose do you now take? Are you being ocd about your sway? Or if not do you think you would be without the sertraline. Im trying not to be ocd but this is such a big deal (last chance for a girl) it's hard to try to relax about it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FluteMama94 View Post

Do not take anything that "helps" with implantation. Unless you have a proven, diagnosed clotting disorder (which is not super likely as you have three kids already) these things cause far more harm than good. Think of it this way - if having your blood too thick is bad for implantation, having your blood be too thin (because that's what things said to "help implantation" actually do, is thin the blood) is also not advisable...the human body knows how to implant babies without assistance, or there would not be so many people walking around out here! Premenopausal women, with the exception of a few people who have genetic stuff that makes their blood clot more easily, tend to have quite thin blood already and so it's best to just leave those things alone unless you've been diagnosed by a doctor and in that case they'll prescribe you something.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    Several years ago when I was swaying I had three chemicals in a row. I went to a RE and the doctor said she's actually seen patients that have multiple early losses then go on to have a take home baby and no cause is ever found. Sometimes there just isn't a reason for it. DH and I had extensive genetic testing done, hormonal testing, thyroid panel...and no issues were found. I even a HSG done and it all looked fine. I went on to get pregnant with DS3 a couple of months after my third chemical. Honestly SO many things can go wrong that it's incredible we're even able to have babies at all. I mean, heck I transferred a PGT tested normal embryo last year and she didn't even implant. I've seen so many women on here that have chemical pregnancies for seemingly no reason at all then go on to have normal healthy pregnancies. It's like a million things have to go right.

All of that being said, make sure you're not going to extremes with LE and sticking to the guidelines Atomic has set and not going below them. Could your iron be low? How much folate are you taking? Do you have PCOS?
    Thank you KS!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Yeah I'm the same i stress about everything. I could imagine the stress of having a baby during the pandemic must have been super stressful. Did you have bad side effects while starting the sertraline? What daily dose do you now take? Are you being ocd about your sway? Or if not do you think you would be without the sertraline. Im trying not to be ocd but this is such a big deal (last chance for a girl) it's hard to try to relax about it.
    Kazzz, keep in mind that she's coming here to help with her personal situation. It would probably be best if you started a new thread where lots of people could share their situation with the sertraline and we can keep this thread for Flutemama. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast