Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying not to eat meat for pink

I’m going to try to start cutting out meat completely for the last 6 weeks of my pink sway. I have been eating tiny amounts of chicken, salmon, and unfortunately red meat. Even today I had prime rib stroganoff, but I only had like 3 bites of the prime rib. Do you guys think even eating tiny bites of red meat can ruin my sway? I’m really going to try to just not it meat, but it’s pretty hard for me. I’m struggling to lose the last 10 lbs I wanna lose for my sway and considering switching to the LE PCOS diet and cutting meat and seeing if that helps. Even walking 60min everyday for a month and barely eating everyday I’m sitting at the same weight. I did lose 30 lbs since February so I’m hoping I didn’t lose it too fast and now I can’t lose anymore and sway blue or something. I’m a little nervous cause I’ve been eating a lot of white carbs and no fruits or veggies so don’t want to send my body a signal there’s more nutrients by now eating more whole grains and veggies even without the meat. Does this make sense? I’ve been losing weight for 6 months but O has stayed the same, never late. Does this mean I’m too fertile?
    Last edited by Prayingforpink20; August 13th, 2022 at 06:00 PM.
    DS1 September 2020
    DS2 October 2021
    DS3 June 2023
    Praying for DD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps I’ve walked 100 miles in four weeks!! Hoping this will offset the tiny bits of meats I’ve been consuming!!
    DS1 September 2020
    DS2 October 2021
    DS3 June 2023
    Praying for DD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, small amounts of meat cannot ruin a sway. The LE Diet (and in fact all sway diets, even when people claim otherwise) is about an overall reduction in nutrients as a whole, meaning that it's about LIMITS and not magic foods. Does it make ANY sense to you, that a person eating 500 cals of red meat a day and nothing else, would have a boy just because of red meat? Does it make any sense, when you look around the rest of the world and see lots of other women NOT eating so restrictively and yet getting boys and girls, that you can't even eat a bite of red meat or you'll have a boy? Of course not. My mom had mostly girls and she ate red meat several times a week, but overall she didn't eat that much - skipped breakfast, never snacked, ate lunch and dinner (1 serving, never went for seconds), and that was it.

I am fine with you switching to the alternate diet. I almost had put you on the alt. diet when I made your plan, but for some reason (I ~think~ it was because you'd been doing the standard diet and were doing well on it, but that may have changed now since you're saying in your other thread it's getting really boring now) I kept you on the standard one. But I think it would be a great idea to switch over to the alt. LE Diet now. If your weight is plateauing then it can be a way to kickstart the weight loss, and also it will help since what you've been eating is pretty dull.

You do not need to give up meat to help with weight loss. Meat is not the reason why you're plateauing on weight, if you are. It's the simple refined carbs.

So to make the switch you'd just use whole grains instead of the white grains you've been eating, switch from skim dairy to full fat (but remember you need to stick in the limits, so you may need to adjust fat to compensate for the amount of fat in full fat dairy), cut out sugar in drinks and sweet treats like cookies, candy, etc (sugar in sauces like salad dressing and spaghetti sauce is fine). And you need to change the macros of what you're eating from what was in your sway plan to 1500-1800 cals, 50-60 g protein and fat. DO NOT count the protein and fat in fruit and high carb veg (still count calories in those), and low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count anything in low carb veg, not even calories.

While we originally started off assuming that the micronutrients in vegetales and fruits might sway, we soon learned that it's only the concentrated intakes in vitamin pills and highly fortified foods, and that it's absolutely fine to eat fruit and veg within the limits.

You will NOT be eating more nutrients by switching white carbs for fruit and veg. That simply isn't the case. If you look at the nutrients in 2 pieces of white bread, for instance (I'm just using Franz bread as that's what I have, but some white breads have even more fat and protein):

160 cals
    2 g fat (which is counted)
    4 g protein (counted)
    Plus a lot of trace nutrients as all baked goods are somewhat fortified.

Versus in an apple:

100 calories
    No countable fat or protein
    Some trace nutrients that are neither better nor worse than those in the white bread
    Plus, the apple has fiber which helps to remove fat from your diet.

Eating "barely anything" is not an option. You should not have done that. Even if your O has been regular up until now (and this was because you hadn't dropped too low in BMI, that's a very common occurrence with people who have weight to spare at the start of their sway, and it has NOTHING to do with their fertility or their chances of pink, it just means your body could continue ovulating using the raw materials it had stored) if you starve yourself you WILL stop ovulating eventually, especially with that level of exercise.

The best thing you can do when weight plateaus on the standard diet is go to the alternate diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent thank you so much for this detailed response. Over the last two days I have been eating less refined carbs and more whole grains and already started dropping weight again!! Thank you so much!!
    DS1 September 2020
    DS2 October 2021
    DS3 June 2023
    Praying for DD

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayingforpink20 View Post
    Excellent thank you so much for this detailed response. Over the last two days I have been eating less refined carbs and more whole grains and already started dropping weight again!! Thank you so much!!
    It's CRAZY how well this works, isn't it?? I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it happen for so many of you guys. Just that one little switch really makes a difference!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Prayingforpink20 liked this post