Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you order at restaurants on the LE diet?

My family eats out a lot and enjoy doing it as a family together. What would be your go to meals so you can still enjoy going out to eat at both sit down and fast food restaurants (like Mcds and Chick fil a) but also stay within LE diet?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a mum of four girls my diet has always naturally been LE …
    When going out would always go for it the low protein low fat but carby option (that’s all I could do to fill me up lol) - so think Cesar salad or fish with chips/potato and salad, the basic pizza..but really anything high protein like a steak and veg I didn’t get at all ever. Carbs are life for me haha though I do enjoy my veg/salad too I am not big on meat so I’d go high carb vegetarian option or lean white (small portion) meat option
    Last edited by LMSM; October 30th, 2022 at 12:15 AM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rules vary depending on what type of diet you're on. Because you're on the alternate diet, you'd want to have a salad or something with whole grains, because the other options like fries and white buns are quite carby. But if you're stuck, just have something small and treat it as a cheat meal. We were often going to McD's when I was TTC my daughter and I just had a basic cheeseburger or some nuggets. (but I hadn't invented the alternate diet at that time) I also think the chicken sandwiches that used to come on whole grain buns are ok, but I'm not sure they have those any more. We don't have Chickfila here so I can't really help with that.

People on the standard diet could focus on staying vegetarian - having fries and salad, or even fries and a shake, that type of thing. But they're not avoiding the empty carbs, so they can get away with that. A fish sandwich is also something a lot of people have eaten on standard diet, along with anything on the dollar menu.

Above all else, if you're really dying for something, have it. It's better to just cheat as you need to, as long as it doesn't get completely out of control, than to try to "be good" when oftentimes you end up eating just as much "being good" as if you just had whatever it was you wanted in the first place. Fries + salad + shake ends up being just as many calories, and a fair bit of protein and fat as well, so if you're dying for a Big Mac have it but JUST that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ