Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chicken and fish on LE alternative diet?

I checked back over my plan but couldn’t find this bit, though I’m sure I read it somewhere so I just want to double check.

When swaying pink on the LE PCOS diet for gestational diabetes history - is chicken and fish okay once per week?

I’m currently having salmon once per week and chicken once per week as part of dinner. Is this okay for my sway?
    OCT. 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chicken and fish are ok within the limits. Even more than once a week, although I generally recommend keeping fish to 2x a week when TTC as that's what is considered safe for risks of mercury poisoning.

That having been said, the trouble with meat is that it has a lot of protein for relatively few calories. So people who focus too much on meat end up finding themselves going over on calories, but they've only eaten a few hundred calories. Then what do they eat the rest of the day?? They've spent their protein, but are eating too few calories. This often degrades into this terrible sort of starvation diet where people are eating a chicken breast, cucumbers, and gummy worms and thinking that's a good sway diet.

So be sure to keep in the limits, and you can have SOME fish and chicken if you'd like. The alternate diet is very forgiving for this, and some people even go as high as 65 g protein.

Aside for anyone who needs to read this - for some reason that I really don't understand, people think chicken breast is somehow a miracle food. Whenever they see changes in their cycle from dieting too strictly, their solution is adding in chicken breast. But chicken breast is not good at maintaining a cycle, and it's even WORSE at restoring one that's been messed up due to strict diet. It's merely protein, not much fat, not many cals, and it's fat and calories that keep you ovulating. Plus, chicken breast has less of the "good stuff" in meats that your body may not be getting enough of on LE Diet - zinc, B12, and iron - there is some good stuff in chicken, too, of course, but it's easier to get elsewhere than the good stuff in red meat. So anyone who is worried about losing ovulation, or wants to guard against it, while chicken is certainly ok to eat (and protein has other benefits when preparing to TTC) your best bets are salmon or red meat.

My "miracle cure" recommendation for rescuing ovulation is 1 serving of full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't (or both) per week. And anyone who is worried about losing ovulation can absolutely follow that as a preventative, just staying in the limits as they do.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Mochi thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    OCT. 2018

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post