Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your advice.

Great to hear that the spotting is not necessarily stopping me from getting pregnant. I think we will go to the e4d method (72hrs pattern) next month and see how we go! I would ideally like to get pregnant soon but want to keep swaying as much as I can. Is the 72hr pattern two attempts?

I don’t think I am pregnant this month. I am 11 days post ovulation- spotting has increased a bit and I feel like AF is about to start.

I will keep going with the following;
    - 1 hour walk about 5-6x a week
    - mainly vegetarian diet but having steak/ salmon 1-2x a week and full fat dairy every day (making sure fat is 50-60g and protein is 40-50g a day)
    - eating around 1600 calories a day
    - avoiding lots of no no foods (e.g oats)
    - bd e4d (72hr) starting when AF ends
    - still taking folic acid every day

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, the 72 hour pattern is still one attempt. The reason for this is that we see VERY poor odds of conception any time before 3 days before ovulation - studies have found 1 in 1000 from sex 4 days before O, 1 in 10,000 5 days before O, and the odds of conception 6 days before O are basically nonexistent - and even 3 days before O are pretty low, especially with swaying...we regularly see people who are trying 3 day cutoffs going years, plural, without conceiving.

So because your attempts would end up in one of these three patterns:

O-4 (no chance) and O-1 (one attempt)
    O-5 (no chance) and O-2 (one attempt)
    or O-3 (slim) and O Day (better than O-3 but still not sky high chances.) But this is still not two attempts, because in the O-3 and O Day combination, if there's anything left from the O-3 attempt, it will have already fertilized the egg before the second batch shows up, and if there isn't the O Day shot will have a chance to get to the egg in time. Still one attempt.

Everything else is looking good, remember we don't want any more weight loss!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did every 4 days this month using the 72hr pattern. I did an OPK anyway and the timing working out that we had a bd the next day. We continued with e4d anyway.

Had cramping 7 days post ovulation. Started to spot the next day and have spotted since. Today is 10 days post ovulation. I really thought this month was it with the cramping (implantation cramps?) because I usually don’t cramp after ovulation. But now I feel like I am just heading towards AF. Feeling like the spotting is getting slightly heavier and is red. I am feeling really down. I have stopped exercising the last week and just feeling frustrated and lazy. I just want to be pregnant and feel like I have jinxed myself with swaying. I am eating more and have put on a bit of weight so it isn’t that.

This is month 5 trying. Should I do another month of e4d?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, cutting back too far takes time to fix. So even if you're eating more now, that doesn't mean the problem immediately goes away. It takes time to develop and time to repair the damage, so we can't assume that eating more and gaining a bit of weight has fixed the issue completely. It may just be you're having a short luteal phase this month because your cycle is still a bit off. Give it time and it will normalize again.

Don't worry about having low motivation at that point in the cycle. That's a notorious time for cheating and dropping back on exercise. Just pick it up again when you can.

But all that having been said, a lot of people do have spotting or even bleeding and are pregnant the entire time. I had a full 5 day "period" and had a baby 9 months later. While spotting and bleeding are never what we want to see of course, it's not always what people assume it is. I'd give it a couple days and take a pregnancy test just to see, based on those cramps it could be that you're newly pregnant.

Whether or not to go on with e4d or add an attempt is up to you. If you want a better chance of conception, add an attempt. If you want to stick with a higher chance of pink, stick with the e4d.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for you help. Sorry I was feeling super negative last night when I posted that!

I took a pregnancy test this morning (11dpo) and was negative. Bleeding has increase so I think it’s AF and maybe I have a short LP this month like you said. I did have what I thought was a period with my son but I was actually pregnant so I will test again in a few days time to rule it out.

Is there much difference in pink results with 1 vs 2 attempts? I do want to get pregnant fairly soon but I have come this far I don’t want to give up totally. Do you suggest having sex every 48hrs to add an attempt or keep going with 72hrs and add another attempt at positive OPK?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI just wanted to jump in and thank you for your post. Lots of positive info on here. Although all I can say is you are lucky you can still try naturally. I had an embryo donation at 43 so our situations are really different.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not at all Steph, I'm happy to help and that part of the cycle is a notorious spot for people to feel really down even outside of swaying.

How did you determine ovulation?? Is there any way you ovulated sooner than you thought you did?

The difference between one and two attempts is small right now- but that may be because so many people who do nothing else to sway have only one attempt (thinking it's a magic bullet) and this may have artificially decreased the success rate compared to two attempts - most people who do two attempts have done diet and exercise too, making it possibly look more effective in comparison to one. Over the course of time, it's been as much as 10% difference between the two (60-65% for two, 70-75% for one) but both of them are still very solidly pink friendly particularly with diet and exercise.

I don't ever advise sex every 48 hours. It's too far apart to be increasing odds of conception for most people and yet it's too close together and men still find it stressful/depleting. I very much prefer you guys to do e4d plus one more attempt at positive OPK. That way you know you've had at least one ideally timed attempt plus the backup of the e4d whenever they fall. If you're scheduled to have them both on the same day, then have the extra attempt the next day or twice the same day, don't just rest with one attempt.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much. I have been using LH strips to determine when I get my first positive OPK. Then I am assuming I am probably ovulating the next day but I know that’s no way to know for sure. I will try and upload some of my LH strips from the last few months.

I think we will add an attempt at positive OPK this next cycle sticking with the 72hr pattern. Great to know the statistics of adding an attempt with the diet and exercise are not too bad. I very consistently seem to get my first positive OPK on day 14 and usually get my period day 29

0FE99525-C004-4C90-B4AB-BAD3C126D752.jpg

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of luck to you!

I just thought i would ease your mind a little. I was doing LE not eating breakfast making sure to fast and night and not snack, having coffee and drinking 2-3 drinks every couple of days. We bedded cd 12,13,14 and i believe i ovulated cd13 and we got pregnant with a girl. we did have a loss but our sway did work. Not sure if it would work for you but i thought i would message.
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Steph, I can't see the OPK well enough to know for sure. Can you message me the pic at atomicsagebrush@gmail.com?

I want to rule out you ovulating sooner than you thought and that your LP was actually where it should be. Even if your cycle is very regular, this can happen where you ovulate early and then your period comes early.

But the solution to that is just e4d, and adding another attempt will help boost odds of conception. So either way, you got this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast