Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    I'm shaking and in shock. I'm scared to let myself believe it.

    The only person who knows I'm pregnant right now is my husband but I just found out through NIPT testing WE ARE HAVING A GIRL! I have to talk to someone but since we haven't told family yet I have no one to share this with yet.

    I need someone to talk to while I'm freaking out. I already have 3 boys and thought it was impossible for me to have a girl. After my 3rd boy I purchased a girl sway plan from Atomic in Oct 2022. In the first couple of months I tried to stick with the plan but I was always over my protein, fat, and calorie limits. I didn't follow the plan strictly but I tried to eat more carbs instead of protein and fat during meals. Previously I was always on a high protein high fat diet.

    Another big difference was I did a lot more cardio when I started to sway. Previously I prioritized strength training. These past couple of weeks have also been pretty stressful lfor me between some things going on with our home, health issues with family members, and just daily life stress.

    The only thing my husband did differently was take OLE everyday with his water. He didn't really change his diet or anything.

    This pregnancy was unplanned and a shock. I'm over 40 and I wasn't getting pregnant during my fertile time. I was tracking ovulation. I figured I wasn't that fertile anymore. This time I was actually past my ovulation period according to my tests. I even jump and dumped right away.

    I want to celebrate and be happy but part of me feels like this will be taken away from me like the Dr will call me and say results were mixed up or I tested too early and the results aren't accurate.

    I so desperately want to just feel happy with no worries. This pregnancy has been hard physically so far and I dread going to appts sometimes because it's just hard to hear because your older you have to worry about this and that.

    So sorry this post is all over the place but that's how I'm feeling inside.

  2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
  3. #2
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    108,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Usually the NIPT is very accurate (far more than ultrasounds) but is there a reason why you are worried you tested too soon?? The reason I ask is because this past year they've suddenly started using the NIPT very early for some people, but it has a slightly lower success rate than testing at the proper time.

    Tentative congrats but just want to be sure that the NIPT wasn't too early!

    Sounds to me like maybe this month you ovulated a little later - great that you kept having attempts after you thought you'd Oed!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  4. #3
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Usually the NIPT is very accurate (far more than ultrasounds) but is there a reason why you are worried you tested too soon?? The reason I ask is because this past year they've suddenly started using the NIPT very early for some people, but it has a slightly lower success rate than testing at the proper time.

    Tentative congrats but just want to be sure that the NIPT wasn't too early!

    Sounds to me like maybe this month you ovulated a little later - great that you kept having attempts after you thought you'd Oed!
    They drew my blood at 10 weeks and 3 days. Fetal fraction was 3%.

    It was still one attempt. I just thought I was out for the month because I thought I was past ovulation.

  5. #4
    Dream Vet
    treens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    OMG I think congratulations is in order! What does the company suggest for starting times I believe each is different mine was though Panorama and it says you can start at 9 weeks, I did mine at 9w 5 days. I am 43 and it said Girl and it was confirmed at the 20w scan

    There is nothing you can change now, just try to enjoy ) wishing you a happy healthy 9 months with the perfect princess of your dreams!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

  6. #5
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    OMG I think congratulations is in order! What does the company suggest for starting times I believe each is different mine was though Panorama and it says you can start at 9 weeks, I did mine at 9w 5 days. I am 43 and it said Girl and it was confirmed at the 20w scan

    There is nothing you can change now, just try to enjoy ) wishing you a happy healthy 9 months with the perfect princess of your dreams!
    Thank you so much! I don't know if I'll believe it until I deliver and she's in my arms. The test said you can test if you're at least 9 weeks. I'm also 43. Wishing you a happy healthy rest of your pregnancy too!

  7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
  8. #6
    Dream Vet
    treens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I am so happy for you! How old are your boys?
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

  9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
  10. #7
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    108,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thankful View Post
    They drew my blood at 10 weeks and 3 days. Fetal fraction was 3%.

    It was still one attempt. I just thought I was out for the month because I thought I was past ovulation.
    10 weeks is accurate. Fetal fraction is a bit lower than the norm but I've heard from lab techs that the company guarantees results at 3%. Huge congrats!!

    Well, good that you still had an attempt anyway - a lot of people will think that they're out and shouldn't bother, but ALWAYS have an attempt even if you do think it's too late.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  11. #8
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    10 weeks is accurate. Fetal fraction is a bit lower than the norm but I've heard from lab techs that the company guarantees results at 3%. Huge congrats!!

    Well, good that you still had an attempt anyway - a lot of people will think that they're out and shouldn't bother, but ALWAYS have an attempt even if you do think it's too late.
    Thank you so much!

  12. #9
    Dream Vet
    LMSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Massive congrats!!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didnít work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

    Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

  13. #10
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    I am so happy for you! How old are your boys?
    Thank you! They are 12, 9 and 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BFP!!!!!! I am in shock........
    By 1moregirl in forum Later Moms
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: June 16th, 2016, 08:40 PM
  2. Shock BFP!
    By Hollie86 in forum BFP!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
  3. OMG bfp 9 dpo cant cant stop shaking lol
    By wishing on a star in forum BFP!
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2011, 06:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •