Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Urgent ovulation question!

Hi Ladies, I always ovulate on CD14 and am currently on CD10. I started taking vitex for the first time this cycle and use OPK every day. Yesterday on CD9 it was negative so last night DH and I BD. Today on CD10 the opk is definitely positive with the test line being alot darker then control line. I have read the vitex delays ovulation so was not ready for such an early OPK.

I always test at 12pm after no fluids for 2hrs so I know the result is accurate. By testing only once I guess I have minimised my chance of seeing if the OPK may have been positive last night as well since it is so dark today.

Now I am not sure whether to BD again and when, or leave it at 1 shot from the night before a positive opk....but keeping in mind it could have been positive last night if I had tested.

Arrrrrrgh!! If we BD again today that will be a 24hr gap between the 2BD's and this seems like boy territory.

Any advice from all you wise ladies?

Thanks in advance!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have found that I get pos opks earlier with the vitex than I did without but don't ovulate ealier so in otherwords, get farther advanced notice. I would dtd again if it were me but I have been on this diet since Oct and I am dying for a cheeseburger! LOL!
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated earlier with vitex too - it came from CD26 to CD16 for me

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ovulation varied on the Vitex (though I was taking it alongside Saw P). One month it was later than usual and the next it was earlier. It was earlier the month we conceived.

Are you doing any frequent release or abstinence and, if so, where are you with that?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would def. advise you to BD again as long as you feel good about your sway otherwise. Whatever your gut tells you to do, that is the right answer!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI Ladies, thankyou so much for your responses! Well, I am definitely ovulating on CD11, I woke up this morning with very severe ovulation pains on my left...in fact stronger pains than I have ever felt. I did an OPK test again last night at 10pm on CD10 and it was still super positive. So, that means I ovulated about 20hrs after first positive OPK and about 30 hours after last BD which was a one shot after abstinence. I procrastinated too long about another BD and missed my opportunity as DH left for work this morning before I woke up to my ovulation pain.

We could BD tonight, would that be advisable? It would be 48hrs since last BD.....is that frequency more blue territory? I'm more than happy to BD on ovulation day as I believe in frequency rather than timing that sways! However, at 40 my egg will probably be well and truly gone in 12hrs....

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At 40 you MUST have another attempt tonight because you may only have a very few good eggs left and you never know when it's your last egg left in the carton. (I'm 41 so I'm right there with ya.) I have seen too many people our age wasting months trying to sway, only to never get pg and some of them ended up infertile due to age.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok....tonight it is then! Thanks so much atomic, I can't say how nice it is to come back and find another post with some great advice from you! It's also great to have someone like yourself on the sidelines being practical......it's easy to get so caught up in swaying that you "conveniently" forget about the age factor...lol!

I guess I'm nervous about another BD 48hrs after the last as I thought just a 2 day abstinence would sway blue cause those sperm have had time to "accumulate" again?

Also, one of my best friends has 3DS's like me and believe it or not they are all born the same month AND year as my 3DS's. She has just found out she is having her first DD after a definite 2 day cut-off. Now my head tells me we are all different and conceive in different ways, however my heart keeps thinking "2 day cutt off".....and it won't stop...lol! She is also my age which makes it harder!

But, I do know we can't have GD if we don't get pregnant and at 40 my chances are already slim so it's a BD tonight then!

Thanks again atomic, all us ladies are lucky to have such a great site with all of this invaluable advice.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey atomic, sorry, I have another question. In the last couple of hours my cervix has become low and hard, whereas this morning it was soft and high and my CM is becoming more creamy and sticky as the day goes on. DH will be home in 5 hours so will DTD anway, however would you recommend using rephresh now or would that be overload with my CM the way it is?

Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by threelittlebears View Post
    Ok....tonight it is then! Thanks so much atomic, I can't say how nice it is to come back and find another post with some great advice from you! It's also great to have someone like yourself on the sidelines being practical......it's easy to get so caught up in swaying that you "conveniently" forget about the age factor...lol!

I guess I'm nervous about another BD 48hrs after the last as I thought just a 2 day abstinence would sway blue cause those sperm have had time to "accumulate" again?

Also, one of my best friends has 3DS's like me and believe it or not they are all born the same month AND year as my 3DS's. She has just found out she is having her first DD after a definite 2 day cut-off. Now my head tells me we are all different and conceive in different ways, however my heart keeps thinking "2 day cutt off".....and it won't stop...lol! She is also my age which makes it harder!

But, I do know we can't have GD if we don't get pregnant and at 40 my chances are already slim so it's a BD tonight then!

Thanks again atomic, all us ladies are lucky to have such a great site with all of this invaluable advice.
    Thank you, that's the primary reason why I do this, to help older moms like me achieve their dreams in a safe and sane manner!!! Not that I don't love to help anyone of course, just that older moms have a special place in my heart.

I understand why it's nervewracking to have another attempt 48 hours after your last one but we can never lose sight of the fact that at our age it's a blessing to be able to get pg at all, and prob. one we shouldn't squander on sway tactics that are simply not that reliable anyway. If BD every 48 hours was a magic bullet for blue, there would be no blue sway opposites because they almost all try to BD every 2-4 days!!

I know your friend thinks she had a 2 day cut off (and she very well may have) but unless she had an ultrasound to confirm, there's no way to know if she really did. The best studies we have at our disposal show that an even number of girls and boys are conceived every day of the cycle (and even slightly more girls on the day before O and O day!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast