Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question for those who successfully swayed pink...

Hi, ladies!

For those of you who swayed pink and are indeed expecting a girl, I wanted to ask you a question about your weight loss and your weight when you conceived, if you don't mind. I'm not asking actual numbers (unless you'd like to share!), but I'm wondering if you:

1- Were at your all-time lowest adult weight
    2- Were at your lowest conception weight, but not your lowest adult weight
    3- Had lost a lot of weight, but around the same weight at conception as your other children
    4- Had lost a lot of weight before conceiving, but definitely could have lost some more/were at a higher conception weight than previous conceptions
    5- Had only lost a little bit of weight: Were still overweight, but lost only a tiny bit before conceiving
    6- Had only lost a little bit of weight: Were very slim, and only lost a tiny bit before conceiving
    7- Other

I hope I covered all bases in my above options, but if not, feel free to choose choice 7- Other, and explain your situation, if you wish.

I would be very interested to know about your weight loss/conception weight, as I'm struggling to lose quite a bit of weight before we start swaying. I haven't decided yet at what point in my weight loss I'd like to start TTC (whether it be after a large amount of weight loss but still more to lose, or wait until my thinnest adult weight).

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to read what you girls have done, so if you don't mind sharing, then please do!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by sweetpea; March 7th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Coccinelle33
    1- Were at your all-time lowest adult weight
    No I weighed less with my first 2 children (boys).

2- Were at your lowest conception weight, but not your lowest adult weight
    No.

3- Had lost a lot of weight, but around the same weight at conception as your other children
    No.

4- Had lost a lot of weight before conceiving, but definitely could have lost some more/were at a higher conception weight than previous conceptions
    I had been losing weight. My kids were close in age. I lost about 11 pounds in 8 months.

............. I was already pretty small. I had a few pounds to lose though. I stopped eating sugar and things like chips. I was on the french gender diet. I still weighed more than I did with my boys but I never lost any weight before conceiving them. I stayed my same weight.
    Last edited by Coccinelle33; March 9th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this info, mommyduke! It gives me hope that I may be successful, just like you were, even if I don't make it down to my lowest adult weight or even my lowest conception weight. Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was at my lowest adult weight more or less - I remember being around 7lbs heavier when I was 18 but I went to WW and lost some, so I have definitely dipped below the weight I conceived at but only in very early adulthood and not for very long! I was definitely at my lowest pre-conception weight (though I was only a few pounds heavier with DS3) but it's the only time I was still losing when I got a BFP - the other times I gave up on the diet (if I was on one!) as soon as I knew we were trying to get pregnant!!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was not at my lowest adult weight, but I was at my lowest conception weight, which was only a few pounds lighter than with my DS. I did not lose a lot of weight, probably about 10 pounds over a few months. By the 3rd month, when I conceived, I was no longer losing just maintaining. I am thin so I don't think I could have lost anymore.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was not at my lowest adult or conception weight, with ds1 I was around 10 stone, ds2 11st 7lbs (had put on 10lbs on honeymoon in thailand) and this pg was 11 stone, so in the middle this time. My lowest Adult weight was prob just before I had ds1 I weighed aound 9st 7lbs for years.

I was however, almost 13stone in March last year (my heaviest ever), went on IG girl diet and lost 2 stone in 3mths before falling pg. Have always put about half a stone on in the past just before falling pg, so this was the first time I LOST weight then got pg.

Hope that helps? x
    2002 2006

IDENTICAL TWIN born 3rd April 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is interesting and gives me hope. I have been gradually becoming more restrictive on the diet since JAn and have lost 5lbs, I am currently 9 st 13 but I was 10 st 4. I will be much stricter from next week when I will be 6 weeks from ttc. I am just hoping I continue to lose weight as I do struggle to get down lower than 9 st 13 no matter how little I eat. But I hope if I lose weight full stop, even if it is not like 2 stone of something that the change in condition and losing weight itself will help me. I was definately gaining when I conceived the boys I just thought 'well I am going to get pg & gain weight anyway' I thought I could get away with eating the extra. I was about 10 st 2 when I conceived them both x

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was not at my lowest conception weight when I got pregnant with my daughter. I had just lost 10lbs before I got pregnant with her. I was not swaying but dieting and running.

DS1- 130lbs ( size 4) I was gaining weight because I knew we were going to start trying.
    DD- 143lbs (size 8) Trying to loose weight from previous pregnancy.
    DS2-138(size 6) I had gained a few pounds that month from vacation.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is really interesting!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all so much for your replies!

This thread really is so interesting! It's very neat to see the overall trends of people losing weight/gaining weight before conceiving. For me, I had lost some weight before each of my pregnancies, but then I gained some weight back with each one while TTC - and ended up with two boys. I was also not at my lowest adult weight with either one (in fact, I was probably a touch overweight with DS1 and at a "normal" weight with DS2 - but could have really stood to lose a couple pounds).

Thanks again for your replies, ladies! Keep 'em coming!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast