Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: VITEX Time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down
    Thank you for your continued support Mocha sweetie, your pms bring me comfort.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just been hit like a ton of bricks. I GET IT! I know why now I conceived and even miscarried. I'm in shock, and I could kick myself in the ass for not knowing the connection between Vitex and my thyroid.
    OMG... I must share.
    So last night when I was laying in bed I remembered how Vitex can affect the pituitary gland.. and I thought WAIT a minute... that's connected to the thyroid! So I hopped online this afternoon and I found the connection

At Home Remedy for Hypothyroidism | eHow.com

Vitex was able to balance my progesterone, and therefore give my thyroid enough of a kick so I could conceive!!!
    So when I stopped taking it..

My thyroid CRASHED!
    Holy crap. If I would have kept taking it I probably could have saved my little one.

So now, I don't know what the hell to do..
    My doc put me on 100 micrograms of levothyroxine
    and now I'm taking Vitex to get my cycle going..

I'm terrified that I've started something that isn't good once again..

I might need to go see an endocrinologist for answers.
    If I conceive I might just stay on the Vitex until it's safe to come off of it. Yikes!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please consult with a doctor or endocrinologist about that. I really don't think that you stopping vitex was the cause of your loss and i hope you don't blame yourself for that. Vitex just isn't that strong and you weren't on it for that long.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please consult with a doctor or endocrinologist about that. I really don't think that you stopping vitex was the cause of your loss and i hope you don't blame yourself for that. Vitex just isn't that strong and you weren't on it for that long.
    I am SOO mad at myself that I never knew that there was a doc that actually specialized in thyroid disorders! God, I'm an idiot! I just always did what I was told.. go to a doctor.
    I told my doctor that I was taking Vitex and he said nothing.
    He couldn't make the connection because he didn't know.
    My TSH was at 20. something which is extremely high. So I really do believe that the vitex was the cause of the conception and loss of it caused the loss.
    So at the time I had absolutely no thyroid hormone production so even if the Vitex is mild, it gave it just enough and then when I stopped it, all production stopped again.
    I had no idea Vitex can treat hypothyroidism naturally.
    Like you said at the time I must have been overly sensitive to it because day 1 it gave me a horrible headache, and the next week it immediately caused me to have a + opk at CD 15, and I had not seen that happen in months!
    I'm trying not to blame myself, but I should have researched it A LOT more before taking it. I really never would have come off of it, and even taken it again once I started bleeding.
    I believe last night God was trying to tell me what happened so it won't happen again.
    My thyroid medication won't get my thyroid back on track for 4- 6 weeks so... now I've started Vitex I better go see a endocrinologist right away!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; May 6th, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Took a preg test for the hell of it with my cup of FMU and the line is pink but there.. Why? How can it drop down from 543 to 50 in 3 days but then 5 more days later it's still there enough to see?
    I still have prego symptoms. Dizzy if I stand up too fast. Is my body mocking me?
    I would like to hear experiences please.

0507121943.jpg

I guess it doesn't show well on camera but you can see it well in RL. *sigh*
    I wish I had another sticky bean hiding in there!
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; May 7th, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry you are going through this! I have had 2 MCs - one at 5 weeks and another at 9 weeks and sometimes it just takes a while to get all the pregnancy hormones out of your body. It really sucks....
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    So sorry you are going through this! I have had 2 MCs - one at 5 weeks and another at 9 weeks and sometimes it just takes a while to get all the pregnancy hormones out of your body. It really sucks....
    I am SO sorry to hear about your losses NCBeachyGrl
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I don't think anyone really understands how hard it is until you go through it. My body wanted to hold on to the 9 week pregnancy and it took almost 2 months for the hormones to go away and then I finally got pg 4 months later and had another MC then I finally got pg 2 months later with vanishing twin. It was a crazy time!!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Spirit View Post
    Thank you Wishing! I appreciate it.

How are you doing with your sway?
    Butterfly, im ok..just waiting around for ovulation. Im on CD 13 today..usually ovulate on CD 13..no + opk yet. dont mind tho..im taking 800mg vitex and 100mg B6 to delay it further if possible?
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    Thank you! I don't think anyone really understands how hard it is until you go through it. My body wanted to hold on to the 9 week pregnancy and it took almost 2 months for the hormones to go away and then I finally got pg 4 months later and had another MC then I finally got pg 2 months later with vanishing twin. It was a crazy time!!!!
    OMG 2 months.. did the hcg rise at all? That's NUTS!
    I don't want to hold onto mine, I just want to get a hcg test and call it good.
    Again I'm so sorry for your losses!
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast