Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck Question for Atomic! :)

I'm looking at getting the Ovacue II with vag sensor well in advance of my attempt.. and the more I'm reading about it the more interesting it gets.

Apparently it records hormones as well as temps, and one of the hormones it shows you is oestrogen. I am wondering, if it shows my personal graph, with an E spike, what does this mean for my attempt?? How soon prior to Ov does E spike, and does this mean if we attempted right on or very near the spike, we would have a greater chance either way? It also measures prog, to confirm Ov with the vag sensor.

I'm still SO new to this, so if anyone else knows and it's really simple, feel free to jump in..
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never heard of these! But they sound good *off to do some googling*
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh dear At that price i think i will stick to temping...with the amount of $$'s i have spent on swaying so far DH would have a heart attack LOL!

Sounds like a great little device though!!
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are great, but are pretty expensive. You can get pretty decent results just with OPK if money is an issue.

Estrogen slowly rises and when it gets high enough, it triggers the LH surge (luteinizing hormone) which signals the egg to burst forth from the ovary. The nice thing about the Ovacue is you can watch your E gradually going up over the course of 7 days or so before the LH surge (the big spike in hormones that indicates ovulation will take place within the next 8-48 hours) and that's great if you want to do a cutoff, and you can also be relatively sure you did O because of the prog. measurement. (I've never used Ovacue myself but my understanding is that you get a reading a few days in advance of the LH surge when you enter your fertile window and then another reading when you're about to O?? please someone correct me if I'm wrong.) OPK just measure LH when you're about to O, and that's it. So you get less warning with OPK and you also do not get a guarantee of ovulation...sometimes people get positive OPK for a few days and aren't sure when they'll actually O, while others get fake positives on OPK and think they ovulated when they didn't.

So if you're really super sold on timing, Ovacue 2 can be great. If you have irregular cycles, esp. with PCOS and you often get many pos OPK a month without ovulating, I think Ovacue 2 is AWESOME and is probably the only circumstance where I feel it's truly worth the investment. For most people I think OPK is the good enough option.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm getting the ovacue to take the thinking out of things.. Ie. it wil tell me when I'm going to ov and then confirm it, so I won't have to over analyse symptoms or temps. Nice and easy and stress free! but yeah it's exxy.. I'm going to "rent to buy", which is an initial $150 and then $50 a month after that for 5 months. It's not even close to the cost of opks but...
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!