Coccinelle33

supplements- these ok?

I want to buy these asap. I want to have enough done before my sway starting in April. Thanks.

Calcium Citrate 1,000 mg

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1474/

Magnesium Citrate 200 mg

http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/Pro...m?cat=Minerals

still not sure on what brand of cranberry or vitex would be best? right now im taking GNC brand vitex. 2 500 mg in the am and 1 at night to get things going.

I think thats all im going to do besides some sudafed & zyrtec.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget your folic acid!!!

I would not take more than 1000-1200 mg of calcium supps per day. I saw that the directions were calling for 3 tablets a day (!) This is because of the risk of kidney stones.

Same with the magnesium, I wouldn't take anything over 300 mg a day of Magnesium, it's not healthy. The directions on the page call for 400 mg a day, that is TOO much. Not safe. And magnesium can really screw you up if you take more than your body can handle - as in FATALLY. I think one 200 mg pill per day plus whatever you take in through diet, will be plenty of mag.

Are you dead set on cran or can I talk you into baby aspirin instead?? Baby aspirin acidifies without adding the additional nutrients that the cran has. But if cran worked for you before and you like it, have at it. I would stick with a name brand cran.

For the Vitex, the name brands like GNC are fine. I only took 800 a day and that worked for me, I don't know if you NEED to take that much. I like to err on the side of less supplements, esp. while breastfeeding, but that is your call to make.

Re: Sudafed - it has been linked to bleeding in the brain in young women ESPECIALLY while simultanteously taking blood thinners (like cranberry and aspirin.) Sudafed also makes people feel weird and kind of wigged out. I feel that antihistamines like Benadryl and Zyrtec are just as effective and safer to use. Zyrtec won't make you sleepy like Benadryl does if that's a concern for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Coccinelle33
    i can just do the zyrtec then.... i took the baby aspirin with my last baby but i also took cranberry. i guess i could try just the aspirin though? i'll look into the doses with the cal/mag... i was mainly wanting to make sure the "other ingredients" were ok thanks for answering!

do you think it would be ok to do the vitex straight though until af finally starts and then the month i want to become pregnant (may or june) i could do soy cd 3-7 and vitex the other days (until ovulation). i just found out that my dd was my only new moon baby and mine and dh's biorhythms were girl. i also cut out the vitex just 9 days before i did soy with her... the start of may and june our biorhythms are girl and it's a new moon.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's probably safe to take vitex but do me a favor and take a pregnancy test every so often even if you're 100% sure you're not pregnant!

I think it's very smart of you to try and reenact the conditions that brought you your first little girl.

The moon thing was not accurate for me at all but others swear by it. Good luck!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ