Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How soon did you ovulate after m/c?

Thank you again to NBP for creating this forum for those of us continuing our TTC after a loss.

Brief summary: am currently on day 4 of an early m/c that started at 4W5D. Had 2 days of heavy bleeding with clots, one day very light, and today just spotting (mostly pink when I wipe).

I started doing OPK's and HPT's since I've read that post m/c things can be veerrrry odd. HPT's have shown blank BFN's since 3 days ago, so I'm in the clear.

However, my OPK's look like they're starting to fade in as of yesterday!!! Not positive - yet - but it's very possible I could be getting a positive in the next 2-3 days. Which would mean I might be O'ing as early as 7-8 days post m/c. Like whoa.

Yes I know OPK's can pickup on hcg, but I'm positive that's not a factor as the hpt's are definitely neg.

So, curious.....has anyone O'ed THAT soon after an early m/c? If so, has anyone conceived THAT soon?? It's kinda blowing my mind.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't O my first cycle after...but I did O the next.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I o'd 21 days after the first day of bleeding and I am pregnant.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK this may sound "out there" but it CAN be true...if your opks are more sensitive than your hpt, they can still pick up the hcg. My opks and hpts were + a full month after a 12 week loss.

For my early losses, the ovulation was late in some cases by as much as 6 days.

The other thing, I have historically been an early ovulator (day 10 or so...uhh hello DS#1, unexpected surprise whilst dating!) so it is entirely possible to o that early too

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me:
    All my early losses I have been super fertile after. The bleeding has always lasted 2 weeks and then two weeks after that I am obviously very fertile conceiving two sons after two different losses both around the 6 weeks mark.

My late loss is very different! I doubt I oed for a good 3 cycled after and my cm has only just began looking like it's normal self and the last few months I have had sings of O and +opks. I did have my milk come in with my angel so I guess it would have hindered things alot!!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
    OK this may sound "out there" but it CAN be true...if your opks are more sensitive than your hpt, they can still pick up the hcg. My opks and hpts were + a full month after a 12 week loss.

For my early losses, the ovulation was late in some cases by as much as 6 days.

The other thing, I have historically been an early ovulator (day 10 or so...uhh hello DS#1, unexpected surprise whilst dating!) so it is entirely possible to o that early too

True except I can eliminate that one. I was doing OPK's along with hpt's before the loss, and the opk's were pretty much negative with a veerrrrrrrry faint line. The lines I've been getting in the last few days are darker than they were last week. So I'm pretty sure anything picked up by the opk's now are not related to hcg.

Haha sometimes it pays to be a POAS-aholic!

The other thing that leads me to believe that maybe this could be O is that I noticed some ewcm yesterday even with the spotting. I did check my CP last night and it's pretty closed so I don't think I'm O'ing yet, but it's very possible I might in the next few days. Whacky either way for me since I'm always a late O-er, especially without Vitex (which I'm skipping this cycle to let things settle).

Thanks all for sharing! The range of experiences is certainly very interesting indeed.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After most of my miscarriages (which ended in D&C) I had one anovulatory cycle of normal length, and then ovulated at my regular time (around cd 13-15). After my chemical I ovulated on cd 15 of the first cycle, counting cd one as the day of my "real" m/c--heavy bleeding and clots (I'd spotted beforehand).
    Oddly enough, I ovulated 18 days after my 18 week loss. I was shocked to be fertile that first cycle, and astonished that my hcg had gone to zero and my body was regular enough to ovulate so soon after the D&C. The only explanation that I have for this is that the baby had been dead for a long time before the procedure, so my body was already working on returning to normal. But I really don't know why for sure.
    All this is just to say that it can be different every time, even if you (like me) have had lots of m/c and feel like your body has a pattern.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies, appreciate that this thread was started because I am wondering many of these same things. We went in on Tuesday for a check-up and found out our baby had stopped growing at about 8.5-9 weeks (I was supposed to be 10 weeks along) and no longer had a heart beat. We were absolutely broken, though not completely surprised because I had trouble with 2 large SCH's that were surrounding our placenta and baby and some bleeding off and on. Regardless, I ended up having a D & C on Thursday since it had been 2 weeks and my body just wasn't catching on, but now I wondering what happens next.

When will I get my period? What is normal after a D &C? Also, I asked my doctor (who did my surgery), the doctor who did my pre-op, and also the NP that did our ultrasound when we found out our baby was gone and they ALL told me that we just needed to wait through my first period to start trying again. All over the internet I hear all types of recommendations on this, but am just scared to go through this all over again, but at the same time, I feel like we will be ready. I am just so confused with all of this. I was just over 10 weeks when the D & C was done, though the baby was about 8.5 weeks when it stopped growing. Any advice, or similar experience would be SO helpful to us as we try to continue on, praying that the next one will be healthy. Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    onthepond...I'm so so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you.

I found this web-site REALLY helpful after my m/c at 12 weeks.

If You Have a Choice

For me, I was able to have a natural m/c. I bled for 2 1/2 weeks. I got AF 29 days after the m/c. I am fairly sure that I didn't O that first cycle afterwards. My doc told me I could go ahead and try right away.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    onthepond, I'm so so sorry for your loss. I hope you heal fast after your D&C.

Looks like my opk's are more negative again so it was just a fakeout. No early O which is fine by me as I would've really worried that the egg was premature. Lots and lots of CM though, so we'll see what happens this week. I've resigned myself to having another boy, lol, since I don't want to wait to ttc but with all this CM I'm probably in boy territory!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d