Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Miscarriage sways pink - what,'s your experience?

Hi,
    I'd like to ttc straight away after I lose this baby and have heard countless times on this forum that mc sways pink. However, I've also heard that a woman is super fertile for 3 months after a loss - wouldn't that sway blue?

I'd also be interested In hearing if anyone ate like it was their last day on earth ever since getting their bfp, after months on LE, and still got a girl after a mc? I've regained ALL the weight I lost on LE and have been eating the most boy diet ever for 2 months and am scared that will sway blue harder than the mc sways pink. I just want to ttc asap but I'm frightened that if I ov immediately and conceive immediately (a long shot I know but still...) I'll definitely have another boy.

Thoughts and experiences welcome!
    X
    Mummy to 2007 and 2009.
    MMC Jan 2013 at 11+1.
    Expecting 3rd Feb 2014.
    Please stay healthy and come to complete our family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No personal experiences Emmy, but I'm so glad you're able to think about moving on.

I'm curious too. I've read the 3 month superfertile thing, but......I've been lurking on the babycenter Trying after M/c thread for the last week and almost without fail, everyone who's conceived really soon after a m/c (less than 3 cycles) have ALL been girls. On a baby and bump blog there's a lady who had a D&C at 8 weeks, conceived again about 5 months later - girl.

So from my observation just trolling through various ttc boards, it really seems to be true that m/c sways girl very strongly. Fx for us!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are more fertile but cervix is less Sperm friendly?

I'm ttc after losing my identical twins in December AF 6 weeks 3 days. Hoping to O soon.

I hope others chime in. And I am hoping it does say girl.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I'm sorry for your loss Emmy and lace! Glad to have this thread for support!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry for your loss. I ovulated 21 days after the first day of bleeding and here I am 4 weeks pregnant, my diet wasn't awesome when I conceived so only time will tell for me. Good luck!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a mc back at the end of 2006. I got pregnant my first cycle and had a boy.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had two early m/c and conceived both times strait after before my next period! I was obviously very fertile I had so much excess cm! = boys both times.
    My late m/c @ 19 weeks was the opposite barley any cm and dry and flaky for months after! It has started coming back now so I think I have missed my window!
    I would see what your cm does and go by that! I think every body would be different I have seen lots of girls have girls right after and the other as well! My experience it was very very easy to fall strait after! I tried for several months with all of them except those after m/c ! Sorry for your loss! xox
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Through all the research I have done, it seems the majority of women have BOYS from conceiving right after a miscarriage. I conceived this baby 2 weeks after my miscarriage and although I do not know the sex, I totally am assuming BOY because I had more CM than EVER and a much higher sex drive. I am assuming I was much more fertile. I will find out in about 8 weeks but my pregnancy is different from my DD's and I have had dreams of a boy. I would love another girl but I really think it is a boy. Sorry for your loss, I know it is hard!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It really is so encouraging to read these posts - so thank you all for sharing your stories! Today is the 1st day that I feel somewhat "normal" after my D&C 4 days ago (though I will never, ever forget). Hubby and I are actually talking about trying again after my 1st period - hopefully in about a month and my dr told us waiting through one period was all the more we needed to wait. Maybe we will still get our 2013 baby after all? All I want is a healthy baby...but would love to be pregnant again sooner than later. Fingers crossed we can join many of you ladies soon! Good luck to all those trying...or waiting for their perfect baby to arrive.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I believe that m/c sways strongly, especially early m/c. And I think it only sways for the first cycle or so, if it does sway at all. I've only gotten pregnant once on the first ovulation after a miscarriage, and it was a chemical, gender not known. All the other times, I've waited for two periods before trying again, and I've had at least one boy and one girl (I've always gotten pregnant the first time we've tried).
    In my opinion, for my body, I'd choose to wait to get my hormones somewhat back to normal, my diet pink-friendly, and my doctor ready to prescribe Clomid. I feel like this is a much stronger sway than TTC on the first cycle after m/c. But again, this is just me--if you watch your body carefully, you can tell what your CM is like, and what your cycles are like, and thus how fertile you are, and that can help you decide.

It does make sense to me that m/c would sway pink b/c pregnancy makes so many demands on your body--even if you are eating the bluest of blue diets while pg, your body might still feel nutritionally depleted afterwards, especially if the m/c was on the later side. And switching from a nutrient- and calorie-rich pregnancy diet to a more LE way of eating might well be sending your body a signal that conditions are tougher, and thus it's a good time to conceive pink.

How you are doing emotionally is such an important factor, too--I've gone from desperately wanting to be pg again right away to being too scared of another loss and wanting to wait, and back again. I think that what feels best, if you're sure it *really* feels best, is what's best.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast