Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just about 7 weeks and I told work this past week, only because my job is brand new (of course!!!) and I didn't want to get fired in my 90 day window for being slack or unenthusiastic, when in fact, I am about to barf or fall asleep at any moment. That was hard decision for me, because these folks are new to my life in general, but I decided that it was more important for my boss to know why I was acting strange so I didn't lose my job or get penalized in any way. I am the breadwinner in the family, so that would have been a very bad thing. Anyway, they were great about it. My company is a national one and has 93% women, so it is never viewed as a bad thing, thankfully.

As far as family and friends, I told my parents and sister, who would be perfectly fine and supportive if I lost this one too, but not my DH's family, who were almost more devastated than us when we lost the last 2. My 2 best girlfriends know also, but it's all under wraps until we get to 12 weeks or so in the "public." My oldest actually figured it out because she saw a test in my bathroom garbage can and can tell I felt bad. (We have a creepy weird connection, like twins almost....she's my doppelganger.)

But I agree with all comments, you just tell when you are ready. It's hard when you disagree with your DH, but hopefully he can come to a compromise with you and understand how the comments upset you after a loss. He's just excited, but maybe you can just tell a few close family members and no one else for a while.

But think positive thoughts.....a lovely member here with a loss told me to not waste my time worrying about losing this baby. She said she spent her whole pregnancy after loss worrying and she regrets that....also that it will hurt either way, so why not just go about it all as if everything is fine. So, that's where I'm going with this one for now. Good luck!!!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We plan on waiting til 16 wks. then it will be quietly leaked to family. Most of our friends and family think we are crazy for going for #5. So even with our history of losses at 12 wks, it will be a crazy bunch of hey dont you know what causes that ? to what 5 kids? % KIDS!!!? yeah.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123