Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question When do you plan on telling people your pregnantg again?

Hi ladies,

Me and DH are on a different page with this.

His side is and why I 100% get and agree with!
    As soon as we find out. His argument. Every baby is special and has earned the right to be Acknoledged with a heart beat!

Me. I don't think I could handle having to go over and over again how are you today and how is the baby going. I know I will be 100% on edge next time till at least a few weeks after the 20 weeks scan and when baby is felt routinely. I know I will have trouble enjoying pregnancy ever again! I except it. I have no idea why I feel so dearly about the fact to hide it for a while! I just do. I can't explain really!

Anyway I was wondering what every body was planning on doing and why! Then maybe we can work out the pro's and con's and come to an agreement!! I am not even pregnant yet mind you!! lol.
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was planning on telling at 12 weeks but my son decided to tell my mom a few days ago I am 10 weeks.... I think you have every right to be on edge after what you have been through!
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After the first scan, I think, which is around 12-13 weeks around here. I don't think I'll even be comfortable thinking the bean will stick until at least 8 weeks, and even then until I hear/see a heartbeat I'll still be worried!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I think we will wait till 12 weeks. Our first pg we told both our families straight away and it was horrible telling everyone our sad news when we mc. With ds we told our mums straight away but waited till 12 weeks for everyone else. With this mc we also just told our mums and were planning to tell everyone else at 12 weeks. When we mc at 9 weeks, we just went through it ourselves, and then once it was over and we felt up to it we told our siblings that we had mc. I felt it was easier that way as I'm not the kind of person who likes having a lot of ppl around me at times like that. I do see ur dh's point though and I don't think it's wrong to tell ppl straight away. It just depends on u and how u feel comfortable xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are waiting until 1st Trimester is over to tell people. I am telling my Mom tomorrow on V-day!! I like to get the first 12 weeks out of the way before sharing the news with to many people. I think if I wait until I am really showing then people are going to figure it out anyway and then "act" surprised when you tell them. I think in your case people would really understand why you aren't sharing the news earlier. You need to do what you feel comfortable with and what is going to put your mind at ease. You DH isn't the one that will receive 1000 comments and hurt looks from if you do have another MC (which is very unlikely).
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've told parents and siblings and my BFF's everyone else will find out after week 14
    (6) (4) (2)
    Can't believe I'm finally getting my

My Nub Shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-13w2d.html

My sway below
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have told my mom and dad and a close friend, other than that we aren't going public until 20 weeks/we know gender. This is number 5 and we know we will get negative comments. We MAY tell MIL sooner than everyone else but not until 12-13 weeks. I do however love your DH attitude.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I have learned through this process of ttc and m/c's, is be careful who you share your information/feelings/news with.

Not everyone is worthy of your confidences.

I'd say why, but I don't think it is appropriate.

But thats my advice.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, it gets later and later with each loss.

With DD#1 (full term, easy pregnancy), I was so excited and nervous that even though I'd intended to wait until 12 weeks, I started telling people as early as 6, when we first saw a heartbeat. I ended up regretting this in some ways (mostly professional), even though I did not miscarry.

With DD#2 (full term, easy pregnancy) I told a few family members and close friends after we saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks, and the rest of the world at 12 weeks.

With m/c #1, the baby was measuring behind--with concerns about heartrate--on all early scans, and so I decided to hold off on telling people until after the baby caught up. I did tell a couple (but only a couple) of very close friends about the pregnancy, but very few people. Ended at 12 weeks.

With m/c #2, I told almost no one, but I had pretty severe nausea, so I did share the news with people who were concerned about that (like the neighbor who saw me vomit into my front flower beds). Blighted ovum, d&c at 10 weeks.

M/c #3 was a chemical, and I got a bfp late enough that I pretty much knew it was over before it began. Didn't tell a soul.

With m/c #4, I decided to wait until after 12 weeks with a solid heartbeat. I had an early ultrasound, and the baby never developed beyond 5 1/2 weeks, so I never told anyone.

M/c #5 was the hardest of all. DH & I decided to wait until after a CVS had confirmed normal chromosomes, and I was beginning to feel movement. This happened at 15 weeks. The baby died sometime between this and my 18 week ultrasound (or maybe even a little earlier, and the movement I'd thought I was feeling wasn't even real). We'd told lots of people, and in many ways, having to tell everyone that, no I wasn't going to be having a baby after all, was the hardest part of the loss and the grieving process. It was brutal and excruciating. Even though many people were extremely supportive, having to repeat the devastating news over and over again was terrible. The worst part was having to explain the loss to my older daughter, who desperately wanted another baby sister, and who continues, to this day, to ask if I'm pregnant again with a new baby to replace that one.

Next time: we'll wait 24 to 28 weeks before we even begin to think about sharing the news.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't tell anyone until our anomaly scan is over!!! It is our wee secret till then!!! I couldn't told out any longer than that anyhow's, my bump starts expanding!!!!
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast