Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Anyone planning on getting a heat monitor?

I saw one on special today and I am so tempted!! I haven't ordered it but I want to! It might help me sleep at night! Or keep me up all night searching for sound I don't know!

Oh I meant heart monitor!! I don't know how to edit the tittle arggg my bad spelling and typing sorry!
    Last edited by Rainbow baby; February 14th, 2013 at 07:16 AM.
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to but I think I would be constantly trying to listen t it and I know the dopplers are the same as u/s I think in which it causes a lot of noise for the baby

But in a situation such as yours I think I would I don't think I would survive the stress so order I think it may help you stay sain
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, because it would create more stress, not less.

I've looked into them before and it's not worth the worry. The home dopplers are only really effective after 20 weeks, before then there's just too much worry from not finding a hb due to baby position, position of placenta, confusing it with your own heartbeat and bloodflow sounds, etc etc. By the time you can reliably find the baby's heartbeat yourself you can also reliably feel movements anyways.

You're probably better off with a stethoscope and learn to use it right than one of those dopplers anyways, but personally I'm passing on all of it because it would only freak me out.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can buy dr grade dopplers on eBay that hear the hart by 12 weeks my friend has one you can also rent them too
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But I def agree that it would cause more stress
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a stethoscope I could never hear anything with it though lol.
    Thanks for all your opinions like LP said I probably wouldn't be able to pic it up anyway I am a little chubby :/ Thanks for opinions I wont get it I will just keep it in mind while I am pregnant maybe I will be able to make a better desition then!
    P.s I was watching a mid wife showt and a lady nearly lost her baby! She wasn't too worried because she had a home doopler, she wasn't feeling bubby move fore 12 hours! Turns our she waited to long to go in event though she had checked for a HB baby was very sick and had to be delivered flat and needed NICU. So if she went in before when she felt something was wrong baby would have been better at birth! What a coincidence ha! Baby was so close to beeing a stillborn and she was so lucky to have made that call just in case! I guess having one may create faulse security to and it is better to go off a fetal kick count anyway!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! That's very true too! Always go with your gut !
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES!!!

I am getting one for sure...why am I always against the grain here?? LOL! I don't see it as stress...I see it as awesome.

I can't wait to use one and let my kids listen in!

I have a friend who is sending me hers and knowing me though...I won't be able to hear a thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought one and to be honest, totally not worth it, they take forever to find the heartbeat early on and when you can't find it you worry. I always have felt movement early though, so that is reassuring.
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After 2 losses, I found a company who sends free dopplers to moms who have had past losses. Your doctor has to sign off on a prescription and she won't send it to you until you are at least 12 weeks along.

I loved having it and was able to find the heartbeat easily every time I used it from 12-20 weeks. Once I hit 20 weeks, I started feeling movement frequently enough that I no longer needed to check for heart tones. I did keep it around until after he was born, though, just in case the midwife didn't make it in time or we needed it unexpectedly for some reason.
    2007 2011 2014
    2009 2010 2013 (GD sway)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast