Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long after D&C did AF arrive?

Hi Ladies,

I realize this is different for everyone, but I am wondering how long after your D&C AF arrived? We unfortuntately just had one at 10 weeks (baby stopped measuring at 8 weeks, 6 days), and was a loss as a result of 2 subchorionic hemorrhages which took over. All 3 doctor's that we met with told us that we just had to wait through one AF to try again - so as you can imagine, I am eager (and sad) for AF to show. I know, for me, that I need to move on, though will never forget this. I am 10 days post D&C now, only spotting brownish when I wipe after going to the bathroom, and noticed just yesterday that my BBT is back down to 97.3 (which is my usual pre-O temp). That must mean my hormone levels are dropping, right? I do not have the strength to take a pg test and see the positive while knowing our baby is gone, so I will not be doing that.

Also, if you had a D&C, how long did you wait to TTC again? We were doing a light sway for a boy as we have a DD who we love to pieces, but honestly, at this point, we just want another healthy baby. Of course I would love to have a boy to have one of each, but I also don't want to wait months to TTC again since I guess miscarriage sways girl? I am taking an iron sup right now, along with a separate folic acid and also a prenatal. I am trying to eat very balanced with lots of vitamins to get my body really healthy. Any other tips? Thanks!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a D&C on 12/28. I started spotting on 1/16 and got AF on 2/1. I haven't Oed yet but plan to ttc immediately.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have conceived a couple boys after miscarriage.

SEcond...after DandC, my body was whacked. Got AF right on time, to the DAY after bleeding on and off all month long.

TTC the next month...chemical and then lots more bleeding and a weird cycle and then another chemical..then more 2 week bleeding and just utter frustration. I can't even recount this accurately, it was so super confusing.

Got pg in January AGAIN, only to have yet another loss currently. Not sure my body is ready?? I have no clue. I feel the dandC was done so SOON after the baby died, my body went into some sort of shock and hasn't rebounded hormonally.

I think I'm kind of an outlier on all this though. I have a couple friends who did it textbook style. DandC...wait a month then preggo next cycle.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a loss at 20wks D&E start of Jan and 1st AF after exactly 5 weeks ...I got OPK+ first cycle but temps have been all over the place so not sure if I O'd...

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just updating for all and any for the future, AF showed exactly 4 weeks after d&c. We will be ttc in 14 days or so again. Fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bled for 2 1/2 weeks and AF showed up exactly 5 weeks after m/c. I had a natural m/c though. I'm glad you posted this onthepond, when I was going through it I became a maniacal googler trying to figure out if I was normal.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It took 36 days after my d&e in August, and 31 days after my d&c in December.

We waiting 4 months to ttc after the first, mainly due to waiting on test results. This time I'm not sure when/what we're going ttc again. My emotions are all over the place- I want to lose weight, or wait until I wouldn't be due in December, to wanting to try immediately. Of course, 99% of my friends te pregnant right now, which makes me feel pressured to hurry up and try.
    Samantha, wife of a funny redhead, mom to a tiny diva and 4 rescue dogs!

Hoping for the tiny diva to have a little brother rainbow...