Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now what?

So my numbers last week were 138 and although they were low I was still trying to be positive because there was no spotting or cramping. Yesterday my numbers were 39 which I found out this morning and like some cruel joke, the bleeding started within an hour of me receiving this news.

Where do I go from here? Two miscarriages within 6 weeks? Do I try again right away? Or take a couple months off? Any advice is very much appreciated.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no mm I am so so sorry. If you are okay emotionally (and doc gives you the thumbs up) you can go ahead right away. But if you've had a D&C or two m/c close together you might want to give it a month or two so that your lining can stabilize. Did your doc mention doing chromosomal testing this time?
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was all through my family doc but I have made an appointment with my OBGYN for Monday. I'm kinda hoping she will do testing. I know that it can be just coincidence but IF there is anything wrong I want to know. As far as I know they aren't going to run any tests on the baby. This one was earlier than last time.

Due January 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She may want to do an u/s...and she might even ask if you want a D&C just to "start fresh" so to speak. She will likely want to determine if it is a problem with your lining or other issue. Obviously since you've had 4 kids she can rule out a lot. GL and HUGS to you...m/c is SO hard.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should I wait until finished bleeding to start Vitex?

Due January 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you can start the V right away...stop taking it before O. It might be hard to nail down this month, you should probably get a fistful of OPKs...
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I have the fistfuls of OPK. And I'm gonna use them.

Due January 2021

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry. (((HUGS))) The repeat miscarriage is just so hard.

I bet your dr will do all the basic bloodwork to check your thyroid and all that stuff as a starting point. I am all for starting to try again right away but I have my 41st birthday staring at me in the face. I have said this before on other threads...I wish I could of waited and re-grouped because when the miscarriages stack up, it makes each one successively worse than the last. So go with your gut on this. If you need a break and you are younger, then TAKE the break. I started all this trying to arrange a pg around other birthdays and school schedules, but all that has gone out the window...LOL. I will take a baby on ANY day of ANY month!!! ARGH!!!

And things can pop up as you age, even though we may have 3-4 kids already. I certainly never knew Ihad a blood clotting issue until ttc the 5th. Things change over time.

Personally, I would be uneasy taking the Vitex. Just because your body is recovering already and then hand it another ball to juggle. (notorious for messing with the cycle). But as I mentioned somewhere else, swaying after m/c is tricky. You have to ask yourself the right questions. I was not willing to sway after m/c's because it made it too stressful. Somebody else, may feel even stronger about wanting to sway. Its very personal choice, imo.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I completely understand. We had a traumatic loss at 5 months this August. I spent months plotting and working on my sway for a post Christmas miracle bfp that ended in a blighted ovum two weeks ago. Part of me wants to call it a day, but the other part is DESPERATE to prove to myself that I can do this.

It's so hard, and the worst part is there is no guarantee it will work out. But to me, the "what if?" Is too hard to ignore, so we will try again. One more try- that's all I've got in me.
    Samantha, wife of a funny redhead, mom to a tiny diva and 4 rescue dogs!

Hoping for the tiny diva to have a little brother rainbow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast