Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Don't take any vitamins within several hours of your thyroid meds!
    Hi @throwaway_panther, Oh really? Do u know why? I take my thyroid meds at bedtime so I assume it's ok to take vits during the day?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    There's all sorts of stuff in there, let me go over them real quick so you don't have to go hunting.

You and hubby need a multivitamin WITHOUT megadoses of anything (other than Vit. D, which you can have up to 1000 IU and that will help your sway) and without any weird herbs in them. I like Women's One a Day - this is not a prenatal but has equal or better nutrients to prenatals, and men's over 50 One a Day for him, even though he's not over 50 it has a nice breakdown of nutrients in that.

1000 IU Vit. D if it is not in your multivitamin

DHA supp or fish oil designed for pregancy (you can give this to your husband too) I'd stick with 500 mg a day or less.

IF at any point in time the docs do testing and find that you have a thyroid problem or clotting disorder you will need to talk to them about what vitamin they want you on, since thyroid patients cannot have iodine and clotting disorder sufferers should not take folic acid and need Folate only.

I would add in folate 1000-1200 mcg on top of what is in the One a Day. Don't do any extra folic acid, take folate. AT the end of the first trimester wean off this gradually till you're down to the amount in a prenatal.

Probiotic of some sort for both you and DH. Continue thru pregnancy

Coq10 (ubiquinol is best if you can afford it) 200 IU a day for you, 100 for DH, at BFP gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop.

I do not want you guys to take ANYTHING beyond that. I do not want you taking anything that purports to "raise testosterone"
    Hi atomic sagebrush,
    I have a few other queries I'm hoping you could help me with if you get time?

So I've gotten almost all of what you have recommended-
    •Multi vit for dh and I (his is 50+ & mine is Centrum women)
    • coq-10 200mg
    • pro biotic (acidophilus)
    • vitamin d 1000
    •I'm struggling to get Folate but I do have folic acid (400 mcg)- should i take these (or even 2 or 3 of them daily?)
    •I had started taking epo but reading on your site I now think I shouldn't as it sways pink?
    •I have the seven seas "high strength cod liver oil" - picture of nutrient content attached. Is this the right fish oil to take?
    •should I be taking anything else?

I've been reading your site for the past few days and I'm a bit confused with regards to dtd.
    On my 2 daughters (id never heard of swaying before this week!) we dtd every 2nd or 3rd day for about 2 weeks. On my 2nd daughter I also used preseed as wanted to get pregnant asap after my 1st missed miscarriage.

But reading your site doing the above seems to sway for boy and I have 2 girls.

We are going to ttc in Nov but I understand it may not happen in Nov due to recent miscarriage. I hope doing the diet and taking our vits for the next 4-6 weeks will help us sway blue.
    What do you recommend 're dtd though? Should we dtd every 3-4 days starting now? Should we use protection until I get a positive opk then dtd that night and next 2 nights? Should I use preseed?
    I'm a bit confused from reading various discussions on here so any advice or recommendations u can make id really appreciate it. Thanks again x

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    Hi atomic sagebrush,
    I have a few other queries I'm hoping you could help me with if you get time?

So I've gotten almost all of what you have recommended-
    •Multi vit for dh and I (his is 50+ & mine is Centrum women)
    • coq-10 200mg
    • pro biotic (acidophilus)
    • vitamin d 1000
    •I'm struggling to get Folate but I do have folic acid (400 mcg)- should i take these (or even 2 or 3 of them daily?)
    •I had started taking epo but reading on your site I now think I shouldn't as it sways pink?
    •I have the seven seas "high strength cod liver oil" - picture of nutrient content attached. Is this the right fish oil to take?
    •should I be taking anything else?

I've been reading your site for the past few days and I'm a bit confused with regards to dtd.
    On my 2 daughters (id never heard of swaying before this week!) we dtd every 2nd or 3rd day for about 2 weeks. On my 2nd daughter I also used preseed as wanted to get pregnant asap after my 1st missed miscarriage.

But reading your site doing the above seems to sway for boy and I have 2 girls.

We are going to ttc in Nov but I understand it may not happen in Nov due to recent miscarriage. I hope doing the diet and taking our vits for the next 4-6 weeks will help us sway blue.
    What do you recommend 're dtd though? Should we dtd every 3-4 days starting now? Should we use protection until I get a positive opk then dtd that night and next 2 nights? Should I use preseed?
    I'm a bit confused from reading various discussions on here so any advice or recommendations u can make id really appreciate it. Thanks again x

Hi @atomic,

Another question sorry- just read a post here about a girl swaying blue (&confirmed she is having a boy) she took calcium, magnesium, potassium & 1 other thing I can't remember vits. Would u recommend I take these also? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic. I'm learning you are the guru to go to?
    On my pregnancy with my 2nd daughter they discovered hyperthyroidism and I have been on eltroxin since then (2015). With each pregnancy they have increased my dosage of eltroxin. I'm hoping this hasn't caused an issue?!

Luckily my consultant at maternity hospital has agreed to take me on as a patient (rather than me go to the miscarriage clinic) so I have an app early Nov to have blood taken (21 vials apparently!) He is still of the opinion that it's just very bad luck as I have 2 healthy full term girls.

Can you please advise what vitamins etc I should be taking?

Also, am I correct that I pay a $12 annual membership here and I can view the HE diet ? If yes, how and where can I pay to become a member please?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The $12 is great if you want to support the site but you can view the HE Diet here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...l-version.html If you do choose to purchase a Dream Membership then just go to the top of the page where it says membership and plans and click that and it's all pretty self-explanatory.

Since you're on thryoid meds you need to talk to your doc about whether or not to take iodine. It's in most prenatals but thyroid people should not always (or even usually) take it. That is beyond my pay grade so I want you to consult the docs on that one.

Thyroid patients do tend to suffer more losses than the population as a whole and they may need to tweak your meds a little differently in future. I think it's great you're getting further testing done and I'll be able to advise more at that point about supplements.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks DreamingRainbow thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi @atomic,

Another question sorry- just read a post here about a girl swaying blue (&confirmed she is having a boy) she took calcium, magnesium, potassium & 1 other thing I can't remember vits. Would u recommend I take these also? Thanks

As a general rule I like you guys to just make it easy and get a multi that works for you that has that stuff in it. Personally I got boys taking calcium and stuff and then I dropped it to get ny girl - but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I like you guys to get potassium via diet instead of supps but one per day doesn't hurt anything. No more than 1 99 mg potassium per day though.

8. Thanks DreamingRainbow thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is A LOT of fish oil. I would very much prefer 500 mg total or less.

10. Thanks DreamingRainbow thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want you to take folic acid till those tests are back. Folate only till the blood work is done in case you have a MTHFR mutation (this makes folic acid harmful for you)

Please talk to your doc about the Centrum first because of the thyroid medication. That is beyond my ability to advise and I want to be sure you're not taking something that could harm you (since it does have iodine in it)

Just BD every 2-3 days means you can end up with just one attempt in the fertile window. So in addition to those attempts, be sure you try for 2-3 more attempts at or around your positive OPK/ovulation time. 2 and especially 3 attempts in the fertile window has been blue friendly for us.

Preseed only if you don't have a good amount of EWCM.

12. Thanks DreamingRainbow thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't want you to take folic acid till those tests are back. Folate only till the blood work is done in case you have a MTHFR mutation (this makes folic acid harmful for you)

Please talk to your doc about the Centrum first because of the thyroid medication. That is beyond my ability to advise and I want to be sure you're not taking something that could harm you (since it does have iodine in it)

Just BD every 2-3 days means you can end up with just one attempt in the fertile window. So in addition to those attempts, be sure you try for 2-3 more attempts at or around your positive OPK/ovulation time. 2 and especially 3 attempts in the fertile window has been blue friendly for us.

Preseed only if you don't have a good amount of EWCM.
    Atomic - thank you!
    I am so lost since my mmc and doing this research and planning helps me feel like I have a tiny amount of control!
    Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.
    I have found folate in a health food shop which I'll get tomorrow. They have 400ug and 1000ug but I'll get the 400 and take 2 daily as Centrum has 300ug folic acid in it.
    I have app to have my thyroid bloods taken tomorrow so my gp will have those results in a few days. I'll ask him then about centrum.

I'll report back anything that my bloods show. Im now off to google MTHFR !
    I have app in maternity hospital early nov. However, I'm not sure how long those bloods take to come back (bloods will be taken 6th Nov) - everything seems to be much slower here in Ireland compared to the states! Also, if I'm lucky enough, I'll be pregnant before these test results come back.

I am delighted to be able to contribute to the running of this site! I can't seem to find the membership button? Maybe it's because I'm looking on my phone?

're dtd - is there any truth in a girl sway if conceive before having 1 af post mc?
    I have ordered some cheapie opk's but I understand it's highly likely 1st ovulation post mc is anovulatory. Still hoping for nov.

Thanks again atomic.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - thank you!
    I am so lost since my mmc and doing this research and planning helps me feel like I have a tiny amount of control!
    Thanks for all the advice and recommendations.
    I have found folate in a health food shop which I'll get tomorrow. They have 400ug and 1000ug but I'll get the 400 and take 2 daily as Centrum has 300ug folic acid in it.
    I have app to have my thyroid bloods taken tomorrow so my gp will have those results in a few days. I'll ask him then about centrum.

I'll report back anything that my bloods show. Im now off to google MTHFR !
    I have app in maternity hospital early nov. However, I'm not sure how long those bloods take to come back (bloods will be taken 6th Nov) - everything seems to be much slower here in Ireland compared to the states! Also, if I'm lucky enough, I'll be pregnant before these test results come back.

I am delighted to be able to contribute to the running of this site! I can't seem to find the membership button? Maybe it's because I'm looking on my phone?

're dtd - is there any truth in a girl sway if conceive before having 1 af post mc?
    I have ordered some cheapie opk's but I understand it's highly likely 1st ovulation post mc is anovulatory. Still hoping for nov.

Thanks again atomic.

Hi atomic,
    I got the folate 400ug so I'll 2 of them daily. The Centrum has 300ug folic acid so that'll give me 1100ug daily?

I also purchased lower dose fish oil today which gives me 350mg fish oil. It also contains vit E (pic attached) is that ok to take?

Thanks.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The conventional wisdom is that first cycle after a loss does sway pink. It's not set in stone, and you can do a lot to make up for it. I am a little worried that maybe you should wait for the outcome of the tests though in case you could potentially set yourself up for another loss if there is some issue at play here.

The membership button is at the top of the page, it's a blue bar that has several options in it. I'll post a link though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast