Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    Super thanks. I was thinking of asking my pharmacist as they are quite pleasant. Multivit does have iodine

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    I spoke with pharmacist this am. He checked and felt I am fine to take Centrum and eltroxin but to take them at opposite ends of the day. Interestingly I found out I am taking eltroxin at the complete wrong time of day! I always take it before bed but he said it should be taken before breakfast!!

Atomic I read on here the other day about it being good for dh to take Q10 also. Can't find the post now though. Should I give this to him too? He is 'happy' for me to shovel any vitamins I want into him
    So far he is taking: vit d 3000, age 50+ multi vit, folic acid 400ug.
    Thanks x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow great! Glad you called! Thanks again Panther for mentioning that.

It's fine for hubby to take coq. I am honestly not sold on the coq as doing much of anything any more.

Do not give him additional folic, the multi already has enough. Men actually can get too much folic and it may cause prostate cancer to grow rapidly so stick with the 400 in the multi.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh wow great! Glad you called! Thanks again Panther for mentioning that.

It's fine for hubby to take coq. I am honestly not sold on the coq as doing much of anything any more.

Do not give him additional folic, the multi already has enough. Men actually can get too much folic and it may cause prostate cancer to grow rapidly so stick with the 400 in the multi.
    Oops!! I'll just give him the multi vit and 3000 vit d each day. Thanks!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I had my consultant appointment today and we got the result of my recent late miscarriage. It was due to a knotted cord (can't remember the medical term) Doc advised there was nothing I did or could have done. He advised I go on 75mg of baby aspirin from 5 weeks pregnant as it may help. He said my thyroid levels were fine (I really thought this was the cause).
    He said there is no physical reason for us not to ttc whenever we decide to.
    I said I'm taking 2000 of folate daily but he said the standard 400 of folic acid is fine -- atomic can I have your intake on this please? And any other advise u have.
    I'd like to still try sway blue of possible..

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    So I had my consultant appointment today and we got the result of my recent late miscarriage. It was due to a knotted cord (can't remember the medical term) Doc advised there was nothing I did or could have done. He advised I go on 75mg of baby aspirin from 5 weeks pregnant as it may help. He said my thyroid levels were fine (I really thought this was the cause).
    He said there is no physical reason for us not to ttc whenever we decide to.
    I said I'm taking 2000 of folate daily but he said the standard 400 of folic acid is fine -- atomic can I have your intake on this please? And any other advise u have.
    I'd like to still try sway blue of possible..

Its called: hypercoiled umbilical cord

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Dreaming I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, it was just sheer bad luck, I'm so sorry.

I like all blue swayers to take 2000 mcg of folate or folic acid. You are always free to do what you feel comfy with of course but I conceived a baby boy with a neural tube defect on 800 plus a very healthy diet with fortified foods in it (so even more folic) and I just feel a lot better about you guys taking some extra.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Dreaming I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, it was just sheer bad luck, I'm so sorry.

I like all blue swayers to take 2000 mcg of folate or folic acid. You are always free to do what you feel comfy with of course but I conceived a baby boy with a neural tube defect on 800 plus a very healthy diet with fortified foods in it (so even more folic) and I just feel a lot better about you guys taking some extra.
    Thanks atomic. Dh has found some peace with the result. I'm still processing and find it so unfair.

I'm happy to keep on the 2000 folate and other vitamins.
    2 Questions I hope u can shed some light on:
    1. do I stop taking all vits as soon as I get bfp and reduce folate back to the 400ug folic acid?
    2. Ive read on "dr google" that there can be benefit to upping eltroxin prior to pregnancy so your body has it there to support baby. I'm on 50mg daily normally, upped to 100mg when first diagnosed when pregnant on dd2(carried her to term and all is well) was put on 75mg on 2 subsequent mmcs. I'm thinking of asking my gp to put me on 100mg now? Or should i go up to 75mg like on mmcs? but consultant said my thyroid levels were as they should be. Hope that makes sense. Any thoughts?
    Thanks, as always.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) No, you would keep taking them (please give me a list again so I know everything you're on) at least the ones that I recommend. Prenatals, Vit. D, fish oil or DHA, probiotics great to continue into pregnancy.

Coq10 gradually wean off at BFP by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then you can drop.

Folic acid or folate continue at higher dose (DO NOT GO BACK TO 400) until the end of the first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to amount in prenatal or multi

2)I can't advise you on the eltroxin, that's outside my pay grade, but I do know of several people who did that after losses and were able to successfully carry a baby after that. But since you know what went wrong (and again, so sorry) your doctor may not think this is the best idea. just run it past them, see what they say.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) No, you would keep taking them (please give me a list again so I know everything you're on) at least the ones that I recommend. Prenatals, Vit. D, fish oil or DHA, probiotics great to continue into pregnancy.

Coq10 gradually wean off at BFP by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week then you can drop.

Folic acid or folate continue at higher dose (DO NOT GO BACK TO 400) until the end of the first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to amount in prenatal or multi

2)I can't advise you on the eltroxin, that's outside my pay grade, but I do know of several people who did that after losses and were able to successfully carry a baby after that. But since you know what went wrong (and again, so sorry) your doctor may not think this is the best idea. just run it past them, see what they say.
    Thanks so much atomic.
    Ok so I'm currently taking (on your advice):
    Folate 2000ug
    Vitamin d (spray in mouth) 1000iu
    Q-10 200mg
    "Omega 3 with antioxidants plus vitamin E"(as written on jar) 350mg
    Acidophilus (3million bacteria)
    Centrum woman multivit

I starting using clearblue digital yesterday, empty circle, used it today and got flashing smiley!! I assume i wait to dtd(night, following am &night) until I see a solid smiley?

Xx

Last edited by DreamingRainbow; November 10th, 2017 at 06:07 PM.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, does anyone know if you'll get flashing and solid smiley if anovulatory or will u only get the smiley if ovulating? Ta

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast