Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help to ttc a healthy boy after late mmc

Hi all. I have just come across this site and hoping for some advice.
    I have just suffered a mmc at 17 weeks - a baby boy. I have 2 healthy girls.
    I had my 1st girl then a mmc at 10+4 (d&c afterwards). Then my 2nd baby girl, then a mc at 10+3 in Feb 2017 (cytotec taken afterwards). And now a mmc at 17+3 (I gave birth to our 1st son at the weekend)

We are beyond devastated as we wanted to have 3 children close in age and with each mmc, it pushes that dream further and further away. I don't understand why this has happened and midwives seem to think it's just bad luck as I have 2 healthy full term girls.

I know it seems crazy to be even considering ttc but I need to have some control in this nightmare and something to focus on.

Can u recommend any vitamins etc to take and anything else to sway a boy bfp?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so very sorry for your losses. What a terrible thing to go through. Usually for blue sways, prenatal vitamins are recommended. The HE diet is what the blue swayers here do (high fat, protein, three meals a day plus snacks in between). Stick with full fat dairy, healthy fats, meat is good too. Here's a link to the TTC BOY forum: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...onceive-a-boy/
    Atomic is THE person to ask for questions but many of us here are happy to help if need be.

Lots of blue dust to you! I have plenty and surely don't need it anymore. Best of luck.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so, so sorry for your losses.

For what it's worth, in my opinion I would try and see an RE. I know they say that two to three losses in a row is the problem, but with three late miscarriages I would be definitely pushing for testing. Two healthy girls is great, but as I've learned, doesn't mean there isn't still a problem.

I also don't think you're crazy at all. I definitely relate to wanting the control over TTC, especially after loss. I also empathize with dreams of child spacing disappearing because of losses

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I am so, so sorry for your losses.

For what it's worth, in my opinion I would try and see an RE. I know they say that two to three losses in a row is the problem, but with three late miscarriages I would be definitely pushing for testing. Two healthy girls is great, but as I've learned, doesn't mean there isn't still a problem.

I also don't think you're crazy at all. I definitely relate to wanting the control over TTC, especially after loss. I also empathize with dreams of child spacing disappearing because of losses
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Whats an RE?
    The 1st 2 mmc's were in the 1st trimester so are still classed as early losses. This last one at 17w is a late loss and so enables me to attend the miscarriage clinic (because it was mc #3 that also qualifies me to attend the mc clinic)
    However, my appointment is not until end January!! This is just too far away for me to not have any answers and to delay ttc. We refused an autopsy on our baby so all testing will be from me.

I hope to meet with my hospital consultant and for him to advise what testing (bloods I assume) to get done. My gp has agreed to send me for these tests but wants the consultant to advise what to test for.

My only other option is to see a fertility clinic which is crazy expensive here.

We don't have issues conceiving thank God but there seems to be some other issue, especially with me carrying each miscarriage longer than the last. But my consultant when he confirmed no hb he said it's nothing I did or didn't do, it's just bad luck! We did some genetic testing for downs syndrome, tistomy 21 and Edwards syndrome (this is done at 11/12weeks by bloods and scan) - results were all clear.

Obviously we want a healthy baby but if possible id like to try sway for a little boy. Do you know what vitamins I should take? I'm sorry for rambling !

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I'm so very sorry for your losses. What a terrible thing to go through. Usually for blue sways, prenatal vitamins are recommended. The HE diet is what the blue swayers here do (high fat, protein, three meals a day plus snacks in between). Stick with full fat dairy, healthy fats, meat is good too. Here's a link to the TTC BOY forum: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...onceive-a-boy/
    Atomic is THE person to ask for questions but many of us here are happy to help if need be.

Lots of blue dust to you! I have plenty and surely don't need it anymore. Best of luck.
    Thank you for replying and sending me the link. I'll have a read through and hopefully find a list of vitamins to take - I assume they're noted in the link? Thanks again

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry, have they recommended any testing??? I think you need to have some tests run because there may be an underlying issue going on that could be easily corrected and will prevent this from happening in the future. This needs to include a thyroid test to be sure you do not have any thyroid problems going on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    Thank you for replying and sending me the link. I'll have a read through and hopefully find a list of vitamins to take - I assume they're noted in the link? Thanks again

There's all sorts of stuff in there, let me go over them real quick so you don't have to go hunting.

You and hubby need a multivitamin WITHOUT megadoses of anything (other than Vit. D, which you can have up to 1000 IU and that will help your sway) and without any weird herbs in them. I like Women's One a Day - this is not a prenatal but has equal or better nutrients to prenatals, and men's over 50 One a Day for him, even though he's not over 50 it has a nice breakdown of nutrients in that.

1000 IU Vit. D if it is not in your multivitamin

DHA supp or fish oil designed for pregancy (you can give this to your husband too) I'd stick with 500 mg a day or less.

IF at any point in time the docs do testing and find that you have a thyroid problem or clotting disorder you will need to talk to them about what vitamin they want you on, since thyroid patients cannot have iodine and clotting disorder sufferers should not take folic acid and need Folate only.

I would add in folate 1000-1200 mcg on top of what is in the One a Day. Don't do any extra folic acid, take folate. AT the end of the first trimester wean off this gradually till you're down to the amount in a prenatal.

Probiotic of some sort for both you and DH. Continue thru pregnancy

Coq10 (ubiquinol is best if you can afford it) 200 IU a day for you, 100 for DH, at BFP gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop.

I do not want you guys to take ANYTHING beyond that. I do not want you taking anything that purports to "raise testosterone"
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm so sorry, have they recommended any testing??? I think you need to have some tests run because there may be an underlying issue going on that could be easily corrected and will prevent this from happening in the future. This needs to include a thyroid test to be sure you do not have any thyroid problems going on.
    Hi atomic. I'm learning you are the guru to go to?
    On my pregnancy with my 2nd daughter they discovered hyperthyroidism and I have been on eltroxin since then (2015). With each pregnancy they have increased my dosage of eltroxin. I'm hoping this hasn't caused an issue?!

Luckily my consultant at maternity hospital has agreed to take me on as a patient (rather than me go to the miscarriage clinic) so I have an app early Nov to have blood taken (21 vials apparently!) He is still of the opinion that it's just very bad luck as I have 2 healthy full term girls.

Can you please advise what vitamins etc I should be taking?

Also, am I correct that I pay a $12 annual membership here and I can view the HE diet ? If yes, how and where can I pay to become a member please?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic. Thanks so much for your advice . I hope to get to the health food shop this evening.
    Re the fish oils I have this "seven seas pure cod liver oil" which also has omega etc. I assume this is ok to take?
    Have dh on a daily multi vit. Not sure if I'll get him to take anything else.
    I do have a thyroid issue but it's managed with medication so I assume it's fine for me to take the vits?
    Thanks again.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingRainbow View Post
    Hi atomic. Thanks so much for your advice . I hope to get to the health food shop this evening.
    Re the fish oils I have this "seven seas pure cod liver oil" which also has omega etc. I assume this is ok to take?
    Have dh on a daily multi vit. Not sure if I'll get him to take anything else.
    I do have a thyroid issue but it's managed with medication so I assume it's fine for me to take the vits?
    Thanks again.

Don't take any vitamins within several hours of your thyroid meds!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast