Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most sources have now agreed that getting pregnant quickly after a loss does not usually cause or contribute to another loss. We can't know what caused the losses, it is totally possible that it was two different things all together.

Many people have two losses (or more) and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I would still have testing done if it's possible (some docs won't test till 3 losses) and I'd have them check your thyroid if nothing else to be sure it's functioning properly.

Have you seen the Guide to Miscarriage here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...scarriage.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I read through the link you shared. Maybe I need to add iron? Also, I have undiagnosed Raynauds. Will that cause issues? I’m not sure when it started, but it could have been just after my last boy.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have any underlying autoimmune disorders? Raynauds can be linked to lots of autoimmune disease - several things that could be contributing to losses. I would def. go in and get it checked out, they have a really easy test they can do now that tests for several different autoimmune markers in your blood.

Iron doesn't seem to hurt anything, 18-60 mg 3x a week. Avoid the irons that are in the hundreds of mg as they are super harsh on the stomach and are not well absorbed by the body anyway.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmboschma View Post
    Thanks Atomic. I read through the link you shared. Maybe I need to add iron? Also, I have undiagnosed Raynauds. Will that cause issues? I’m not sure when it started, but it could have been just after my last boy.
    I would definitely ask for the blood tests! I recently had 2 miscarriages in 3 months (after having 2 healthy boys), and they found that I have an auto-immune disorder that causes blood clots, and will need medicine during my next pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Lmboschma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I did order iron, 25mg. I’m out of country and will start that when I get back. But, in the meantime, I’ve been reading up A LOT about PCOS. I’m not overweight, but do have a hard time losing, ovulation happens late (cd28-31), low libido, and I think there were a few other things. So, my question is, could I take the Myoinositol along with my Folate? I don’t know when o will get into the doctor, but I do know I can order that on amazon and have it when I get home. I may even be at the point where my doctor would prescribe clomid or Femara. I’d love to lose a few more pounds before BFP again and wonder if this is the safest option instead of metformin. And hey, I can get it now! I saw in other posts you recommended pregnitude. If I’m already taking Folate, do I need that or should I just look into Myoinositol?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want you on the myoinositol if you're not overweight. It has caused tons of trouble for people who took it without needing it. It is NOT necessary for 90% of people on this site and can actually lower your odds of conception if you don't need it.

I want you to change your diet to be more PCO-friendly and also exercise if you can and then for most people with thin PCO that does the trick.

Folate and myoinositol are two totally different things. I'm not sure I"m following your question there?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it! I was just asking if Pregnitude was necessary since I was already taking folate. And I do think I was more doing more of a PCOS friendly diet. But, with the multiple miscarriages, I kinda gave up. Still skip breakfast, except this last week on my trip. Not much red meat, if any, and I did more whole grains instead of white. Should I steer clear of alcohol and caffeine since it seems to aggravate PCOS? And, I do exercise at least 6 days a week. Was doing the 60+ minute cardio, but when I first got pregnant, I started to add the weights back in. I really, really miss that!
    Last edited by Lmboschma; January 7th, 2018 at 12:08 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I think there could be a good chance that I could try the clomid or femara soon. Because of my age, timing and my two losses, I hope I can! But, don’t they usually prescribe that stuff after 3 losses?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lmboschma - I'm so sorry about your losses I had my 2nd early loss in a 4 month period in mid-December (I may have been the person you mentioned on here!). I agree - definitely not fun to go through a miscarriage right around Christmas. But - I saw you said you have Raynaud's. I have Raynaud's, and a positive ANA (one of the autoimmune antibody tests Atomic was referring to). I've had both the Raynaud's and +ANA since before I conceived my boys - they were conceived easily and w/ no losses before/between them. Thus I still think my recent losses were probably chromosomal as my autoimmune condition hasn't changed/worsened over the years (Raynaud's is actually my only symptom). I would recommend getting tested though since you have Raynaud's, because the blood clotting antibodies that can cause miscarriages are often seen in the autoimmune conditions that also cause Raynaud's. Don't want to scare you about that, just so you're aware. I've been tested for those specific blood clotting antibodies a few times over the years including in the past year, and they've always been negative. You also could have Raynaud's with no underlying autoimmune condition, too (primary Raynaud's), which I wouldn't think would affect pregnancies. But - if you haven't noticed it already - caffeine can def make Raynaud's worse, so if you're still doing a lot of expresso you may want to cut back a lot or entirely on that. After my first m/c last August I switched to "half caff" coffee and now do more straight decaf, and since New Years' am trying to limit my diet soda (although I was mostly only doing caffeine-free anyways but I'm trying to cut back on the aspartame just in case). I'm also on Clomid - I have "PCO tendencies", not full blown PCOS, and a short LP so doc offered it. ANYWAYS that's a lot of background on me but we seem to have some similarities in our situation so I thought I'd share!! Again - so sorry about your losses, I definitely understand the pain.
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very similar stories! I honestly can’t remember when the Raynaud symptoms started, but they are worse now when it’s so cold. I’ll definitely cut back on caffeine if that aggravates it. How long had you been trying before you were prescribed clomid? I was thinking with age, losses and time that my doctor would be open to prescribing me something. I hope I can lose a few of these pounds I gained the last 4months though! I had done so good this summer!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast