Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Hyperfertility, miscarriage, pink sway

Hi Ladies,

A little bit of my background and then I'll get into my questions.

I am 24 years old. My partner and I started trying to conceive when I was 22.

We had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in July 2016. We didn't try in August 2016 as we wanted to wait one cycle before trying again. I became pregnant again September 2016 which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Hubby was away after trying for several weeks so we did not try in October 2016. November 2016 we did "try" but not very successfully (not on the right dates). We fell pregnant in December 2016 and I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy August 2017. He is now 7 months old and is perfect in every sense of the word. We were not swaying at all during this time but after I had my son I realized the strength of my desire to have a daughter. I also realized I was doing boy friendly things to increase my chances of having a healthy pregnancy.

So fast forward to January 2018. We decided to start swaying. Of course, I used IG but wish I had found this site instead. So I was on the IG girl diet for for about ten weeks. My cycle was still irregular as I had just stopped BFing. We became pregnant March 2018 and had a chemical pregnancy at 4w6d on April 9th, 2018. I do not blame the diet on the pregnancy loss as I have a history of early loss. I have been on 5mg of Folic Acid since the start of my pregnancy with my son, but from what I have read on here I should switch to Folate ( I will return my folic acid and make the switch ASAP).

So my first question:

Does anyone on here have any experience with hyperfertility? I don't think my doctor would diagnose it and I haven't been to the Dr after the chemical as I think his advice would be to keep trying as we do have a perfectly healthy baby boy.

My second question:

If I were to start the LE diet would I be able to TTC in June? I am apprehensive to wait too long as we would love to have another baby soon, especially as there is no guarantees if the positive pregnancy test will turn into a full term pregnancy.

Third question:

What supplements can DH be on during this time to improve his sperm quality? I do not want to take any measures to DECREASE his sperm quality as besides my suspected hyperfertility I am beginning to suspect his sperm might not be of the topmost quality.

I think I had more questions but I have been up most of the night with a teething baby so that is all for now. I am planning to buy a personalized plan for swaying as I think this might be our last shot. I have wanted three children but the heart break of so many miscarriages is daunting so I think I will be happy with two.

Thank you to anyone who has any input about this

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes we have one person on here who's an expert, I'll message her.

But I think you need testing. There are conditions where you will have one healthy baby and then your body attacks other embryos, not to mention several other conditions, and I don't think assuming you are hyper fertile without any testing to rule other conditions out, is a good approach to take. We need more information about what is going on both with you and with DH if he's willing to be tested. I strongly hesitate to have him take anything yet because he may not need to and it may undermine your sway.

If you aren't happy with the doc you have, go to a different one. But you need testing for recurrent pregnancy loss from someone. When you go in, I would not be quite so clear that some of the losses were chemicals though because some doctors write those off as "normal". I wouldn't lie, of course, but say you had three miscarriages and only tell the gestation if they ask you point blank.

What were you taking with your IG sway?? Some of the supps they recommend actually may cause miscarriage so I want to be sure you stay well away from them next time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

I will call my doctor and make an appointment. The worst he can say is no and then I'll just go elsewhere. Hubby will do testing if I ask him to.

For IG sway I was on Calcium citrate, Mg citrate, Zinc (for egg health) and Folic Acid of course.

Thanks for the quick reply
    Last edited by babygirlwishing; April 11th, 2018 at 12:26 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I am said expert and atomic pointed me this way!

The good news: I have it and had a DD! The other good news is that you're young -- egg quality is very unlikely to be an issue that young unless you have PCOS or do some serious lifestyle things (smoking, drugs, etc.). Have you been tested for PCOS at all?

The bad news? You already answered what the doctors will recommend: keep trying until one sticks. "Bad luck." Or IVF with PGS (and you can see from my sig how that worked out for us lol).

But like atomic said, before self diagnosing, push to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist and get Recurrent Pregnancy Loss testing. There are other things that could be causing the losses: hormonal imbalances, hypothyroidism, blood clotting issues, autoimmune issues, physical (uterus septum, fibroids, etc.).

There's a lot to check. And it's overwhelming. But I will always push someone to check all of this sooner rather than later. If it's something as simple as baby aspirin or prednisone to keep a pregnancy, jump on that!

I do always have to point out that the majority of losses are still chromosomal, and we learned that the hard way. You're not wrong to question DH's sperm. I've become something of an evangelist on this based on my own experiences, but male infertility is skyrocketing worldwide. There has been a 50% decrease in average sperm count in I think 30 years? On top of a lot of other things I could get into that are being observed and studied. It's a big thing and why BPA, for example, is not being used anymore in a lot of things and I believe there was a federal mandate in the U.S. to get its use out of receipts. DNA fragmentation and oxidative stress in sperm, which can cause loss, are increasing as well. There's theories on why all of this is happening, but for the moment they don't know why so much as that it IS happening.

That all being said, I know just about everything DH could take or do to improve sperm, but before doing that, get testing for BOTH of you.A semen analysis, hormone panel, and karyotype for him (and then possibly a sperm DNA fragmentation/oxidative stress test). A full RPL panel and scans for you (probably at least a transvaginal ultrasound and SIS -- sono hysteogram).

PM me whenever or ask away here! I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge on this and actually just wrote a piece on it that will be published in a pregnancy blog soon lol. So I can talk forever about it.

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes skillet04 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an update:

Made an appointment with my doctor for April 17th. I think I needed that push so thank you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Thank you for all of that information!

I'm in Canada so I wouldn't be able to get IVF with PGD unless we spent a lot of money and went to the states. But I could do IVF without PGD if it came down to that as the main goal is a healthy baby.

Could you link the article you wrote once it's published? I would really like to read it

I will let you know what happens next week at the doctor's!

Edit: I just thought I would add that I do not drink or smoke. I'm 150 lbs and 5'4" so I do have some weight to lose. Before the sway I ate a healthy diet, lots of fruit, veggies, whole grain breads and I do not eat fast food. I also walk and swim for exercise.

I have not been tested for PCOS.
    Last edited by babygirlwishing; April 11th, 2018 at 01:22 PM.

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirlwishing View Post
    Wow! Thank you for all of that information!

I'm in Canada so I wouldn't be able to get IVF with PGD unless we spent a lot of money and went to the states. But I could do IVF without PGD if it came down to that as the main goal is a healthy baby.

Could you link the article you wrote once it's published? I would really like to read it

I will let you know what happens next week at the doctor's!

Edit: I just thought I would add that I do not drink or smoke. I'm 150 lbs and 5'4" so I do have some weight to lose. Before the sway I ate a healthy diet, lots of fruit, veggies, whole grain breads and I do not eat fast food. I also walk and swim for exercise.

I have not been tested for PCOS.
    Yes, I will try and remember to share it once it's up!
    I definitely recommend getting into an RE for testing for PCOS and otherwise.

10. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirlwishing View Post
    Hi Atomic,

I will call my doctor and make an appointment. The worst he can say is no and then I'll just go elsewhere. Hubby will do testing if I ask him to.

For IG sway I was on Calcium citrate, Mg citrate, Zinc (for egg health) and Folic Acid of course.

Thanks for the quick reply
    How much zinc?

So no herbs, cranberry, baby aspirin?

I also think you will benefit from following a sway diet that is more nutritionally balanced and I actually have one here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-sugar-issues=
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I would chime in and would love a link when the article is published on the blog. I myself had 2 healthy DS 17 months apart with the1st DS 41 weeks and 2ndDS being born at 34 weeks. I then went on to have 3 miscarriages two around 6/7 weeks and one a "chemical" but I was still referred to the local fertility clinic. I then became pregnant with another DS and carried to full term and very healthy. I was monitored for the first 10 weeks via weekly transvaginal ultrasounds and put on baby aspirin and Prometrium vaginally once pregnancy was confirmed with a positive pregnancy test. I again got pregnant 18 months later and miscarried at 10 weeks - I was not on Aspirin/Prometrium or being monitored for this pregnancy. Currently I am again pregnant with another DS and was monitored for the first 10 weeks and put on baby Aspirin and Prometruim vaginally - hoping to welcome him soon
    Recurrent miscarriages are HARD - emotionally and mentally!
    The fertility clinic atributed my miscarriages to my Hashimotos Autoimmue Disease (which was totally "incheck" for my fourth miscarriage) and my family doctor thinks I have symptoms of PCOS but don't have cysts (still wishing for a conclusive diagnosis but...)
    Thankfully in Canada these Fertility Appts/ultrasounds are government covered (except some meds) if it is the "female" problem... We both had bloodwork done and our bloodwork was clean and normal but I still had another miscarriage. We were trying Shettles method for a girl and well - we have 4 boys... hopefully we wil try again using LE Diet and much prayer for our girl. Because this momma is still dreaming
    babygirlwishing - I wish you all the best!

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush, babygirlwishing thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw this post, sorry for the late reply. I was on 50 mg of zinc.

And no I wasn't on any herbs, cranberry or baby aspirin because of the adverse affect of these.

Thanks Atomic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast