Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I had a period about two weeks after my D&C. I wasn’t totally positive because I was still having spotting. I wasn’t temping or using OPKs.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to answer your question, yes it was still possible for you to ovulate and for it to be healthy. The whole thing people will tell you that "long cycles mean bad eggs" is completely untrue (and I have a long explanation for anyone interested)

But - looks like it was Option B, prog had dropped and AF was about to arrive!

The only bummer element of that is that we can't know if you did ovulate or if this was anovulatory because progesterone had already dropped!! But can you think back about two weeks - any signs or symptoms of O at that point??

Either way, it doesn't matter because it will still act like a reset button on your cycle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjoseph09 View Post
    I just started my period today too after a miscarriage / D&C at the end of July. Trying to decide if I should take Clomid (for swaying purposes) this month.
    Glad you got your AF back. Good luck!
    I think you're ok to go this month K. That's been the first bleed and now a second after the D and C. If you feel ready.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just to answer your question, yes it was still possible for you to ovulate and for it to be healthy. The whole thing people will tell you that "long cycles mean bad eggs" is completely untrue (and I have a long explanation for anyone interested)

But - looks like it was Option B, prog had dropped and AF was about to arrive!

The only bummer element of that is that we can't know if you did ovulate or if this was anovulatory because progesterone had already dropped!! But can you think back about two weeks - any signs or symptoms of O at that point??

Either way, it doesn't matter because it will still act like a reset button on your cycle.
    Remember about 2 weeks ago I felt O pain when I had the bad uti with fever and pain. I didn't do any opks because I was miserable but I "could" have ovulated. Hoping I do this time and we catch up because time is running out for me
    Thanks for answering my question
    I'd love to read about it if you have a link

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah I do remember and we were thinking it was probably the UTI. I find people often get VI of various sorts around ovulation (because pH rises) so that actually makes sense.

Ok. atomic scootches out soapbox from under the couch.

The explanation is that people who have really long cycles are often in other categories where they may be more likely to have losses and birth defects. Anorexics, PCOSers, older moms - and so when scientists first studied the notion "do long cycles lead to unhealthy eggs" they didn't take any of this into account and they did find a small statistical correlation between longer cycles and issues with pregnancies. Online, this became this "OMG long cycles mean unhealthy eggs, miscarriages, birth defects, etc."

But it's never been real. The eggs are dormant till the body intends to ovulate them and the ones that do begin to develop but are not ovulated are simply reabsorbed (and this process happens to all of us every month, it's what ovaries do with eggs that don't get released) Women frequently will get pregnant after having not ovulated for months or even years due to having been on birth control, pregnancy/lactation, after a loss, due to PCOS or hypothalamic amenorrhea (being too thin or exercising too much) and have perfectly normal, healthy babies! (I did!) Young girls sometimes get pregnant the very first month they even ovulate! And while we think "going several months without having a cycle" is strange/abnormal, not very long ago that was the norm and not the exception. Women were pregnant/lactating or so thin/working so hard they weren't ovulating regularly, all the time. Not ovulating regularly is actually way more normal than constant 28 day cycles (and some evidence indicates that the advent of regular, monthly menstrual cycles may be part of the reason why modern women are now more prone to breast and ovarian cancer than we historically were.) The body by its very design has a natural system that keeps eggs dormant till your body is ready to ovulate and then developing and releasing them as needed, and reabsorbs the ones that don't get released.

but unfortunately, you can still read this misinformation (that long cycles = unhealthy eggs) tons of places online because it's one of those things "experts" like to do to make losses and trouble conceiving be our fault and our problem. It's just an endemic mindset in the fertility community - doctors and herbologists do not like to tell people the truth, which is just that sometimes, losses happen for no better reason than bad luck and some of us are more slightly prone to that bad luck than others. They would rather portray women's bodies as these fragile, broken things that are always in dire need of a doctor or an herb bottle to "fix" things that are there by design.

8. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, such great information!! And thank you for that. That is exactly what I have read, so the reason I asked. It's very interesting. I actually suffered from anorexia in my early 20s and did not have a period for years. The first cycle TTC we got pregnant! Our bodies are indeed so strong and amazing!!!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They really are and once you start looking at the menstrual cycle through that lens, a lot of things that we have always assumed are "wrong" with us and have been told we need to "fix", we really don't! It is natural and normal for our female bodies to always be in this state of hormone flux and our eggs, ovaries, uterus, and tubes all know how to handle that a LOT better than a bunch of old men who run medical schools.

12. Likes djmommy liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    love your response!!
    So true!!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just have to reply to this - made me smile at a very dark time in my life - thank you

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I help you with anything, RF?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast