Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cycles shorter after loss

Since my latest loss, my cycles are now 21 days and I’m getting an lh surge around day 6 with no signs of ov. No EWCM this month, no sex drive this month and my temp is high around 97.6. It’s never this high before ov. Any advice? Note I am no longer on LE just skipping breakfast and not snacking but eating lots of good fats & lean protein to get my cycles back to regular.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you eating any healthy carbs or did you cut those out because of your glucose reading?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For carbs - Multigrain bread, quinoa, veggies (lots of avocado), fruit, & chickpeas. I’m trying to not restrict what I eat except I haven’t had any rice in a few weeks now. Not even brown. And still limiting red meat. I’m trying to eat to conceive now because I just want a healthy baby and will try to use only no breakfast and no snacks to sway. And whatever DH was doing, he is still doing.

Thanks for any thoughts.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok good. I suspect this will work itself out over time but keep doing what you've been doing.

50-60 g fat - including full fat dairy if possible.

6. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't eat dairy but I eat a lot of coconut. I have been eating very well lately albeit only a couple meals a day because I have been so busy. I try to make sure I get lots of healthy fats.

I had a progesterone test taken 8 days after my LH surge (day 15) and I did not ovulate for sure. Last month I had the test at day 21 and it was the same level. It makes sense because I have no signs of ovulation the last two months. Given that test I just took, I think my period will come a week early again (break through bleeding). So probably around day 21/22.

So from what I have read this sounds like perimenopause. Did anyone get pregnant in perimenopause? What should I do now?

I was thinking of asking for Clomid (or should I ask for Femara - how do I ask for that??) from the Dr. Now I have proof of no ovulation they may give it to me. But I also read that if you have an early LH surge then Clomid may not help you because it makes your LH go up which is the opposite of what you want. I think my issue is I am surging too early and my follicles aren't ready to burst or maybe I am surging but LUFS? But then again I read with LUFS you still make progesterone but mine is very low so I don't believe that to be the case.

Atomic or maybe someone else who has experienced this, please advise.
    Last edited by dreamofdaughter; June 21st, 2019 at 01:12 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you haven't ovulated YET. That doesn't mean you won't ovulate, just that it may come later. I would not take a progesterone test given at CD 15 to mean anything and it certainly doesn't mean your period would come in a week. Maybe, but far more likely it won't. Breakthrough bleeding is notoriously unpredictable and does not follow any pattern from month to month. It isn't the result of a regular predictable hormonal cascade, it is much more freeform than you're thinking of it as. So even if it's something that has happened a few months running that doesn't mean it will continue in the foreseeable future.

You can have more than one LH surge in a month. You can surge and then your body decides not to ovulate and then later you surge again and ovulate with the second, or even the 3rd or 4th surge. A surge and then no O does not mean you won't ovulate.

A few months of strange cycles after a loss does not mean you are in perimenopause (this can happen even to 22 year olds). Approaching menopause is a very gradual thing for the vast majority of people. It happens in fits and starts - you have some weird cycles and then some normal cycles, till gradually over time you have more weird ones than normal and then the entire program shuts down. This is not something that happens in a month or even a year, usually. It takes between 4-10 years, and yes, you absolutely can conceive during that time.

No Clomid. It raises FSH high and when you're over 38 or so it's not a good idea to take it unless you've had FSH tested and found it to be lower than normal for your age. Femara would be a better option.

Again, just because you had some odd cycles with an early LH surge and then anovulatory one month (since we really only know it was anovulatory in the month you tested, we don't know that it was in any other month) doesn't mean it will happen in the future. By taking a fertility med like Femara starting CD 3 you would not be able to surge and ovulate on it. It will suppress the estrogen and then by the 5th day after stopping it (CD 12) only then would you be able to surge.

I don't think you ovulated at all the month of your short cycle. I doubt this is caused by LUFS because you'd still see a rise in prog as the corpus luteum tried to form.

9. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, you haven't ovulated YET. That doesn't mean you won't ovulate, just that it may come later. I would not take a progesterone test given at CD 15 to mean anything and it certainly doesn't mean your period would come in a week. Maybe, but far more likely it won't. Breakthrough bleeding is notoriously unpredictable and does not follow any pattern from month to month. It isn't the result of a regular predictable hormonal cascade, it is much more freeform than you're thinking of it as. So even if it's something that has happened a few months running that doesn't mean it will continue in the foreseeable future.

You can have more than one LH surge in a month. You can surge and then your body decides not to ovulate and then later you surge again and ovulate with the second, or even the 3rd or 4th surge. A surge and then no O does not mean you won't ovulate.

A few months of strange cycles after a loss does not mean you are in perimenopause (this can happen even to 22 year olds). Approaching menopause is a very gradual thing for the vast majority of people. It happens in fits and starts - you have some weird cycles and then some normal cycles, till gradually over time you have more weird ones than normal and then the entire program shuts down. This is not something that happens in a month or even a year, usually. It takes between 4-10 years, and yes, you absolutely can conceive during that time.

No Clomid. It raises FSH high and when you're over 38 or so it's not a good idea to take it unless you've had FSH tested and found it to be lower than normal for your age. Femara would be a better option.

Again, just because you had some odd cycles with an early LH surge and then anovulatory one month (since we really only know it was anovulatory in the month you tested, we don't know that it was in any other month) doesn't mean it will happen in the future. By taking a fertility med like Femara starting CD 3 you would not be able to surge and ovulate on it. It will suppress the estrogen and then by the 5th day after stopping it (CD 12) only then would you be able to surge.

I don't think you ovulated at all the month of your short cycle. I doubt this is caused by LUFS because you'd still see a rise in prog as the corpus luteum tried to form.
    Thanks atomic. I read Femara also raises FSH so why is it better than clomid, out of curiosity?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Femara provides better chance than Clomid for pregnancy in older women, proven in studies; better for egg quality

if the medicines did not raise follicle stimulating hormone SOME, they would not stimulate the follicles. It's how they work. But Clomid raises it to such extent it harms egg qualtiy.

12. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Femara provides better chance than Clomid for pregnancy in older women, proven in studies; better for egg quality

if the medicines did not raise follicle stimulating hormone SOME, they would not stimulate the follicles. It's how they work. But Clomid raises it to such extent it harms egg qualtiy.
    Thanks for explaining. So do you have to be monitored when taking Femara? I am just going to ask a GP for it at my next appt when we go over the results. She will see I didn't ovulate based on the results. But actually, I do think I ovulated this month just much later. I have creamy cm and my breasts feel tender. But the blood test will look like I didn't so that will work in my favor with asking her because her opinion right now is that I have not ovulated since my d&c.

Can I still take Femara if I ovulate normally right? It just will change when I ovulate, that is my understanding. Is that correct?

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's believed to be less likely to cause multiples than Clomid. It's really up to the individual doc; some insist on monitoring, others are bizarrely lackadaisical about it.

Yes I'd just keep the idea that you did ovulate to yourself LOL.

Yes, you can still take Femara if you ovulate. It's not that it will change when, necessarily; some do O the same time on the medications. But it seems to make a better ovulation with a more favorable hormonal profile both during and after ovulation which can help people get and stay pregnant.