Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Supplements and progesterone question after 2 MC. Blue sway

Hello, this is my first post on the site but I've been an avid reader for quite some time now! It's a great community - And I'm hoping Atomic will see this and help me

I have a question about supplements and also progesterone - and would really appreciate some help. I started TTC Blue in May after two recurrent miscarriages; one at 8 weeks and one at 5 weeks. I already have a daughter, born two years ago, who I conceived without complication. I don't understand the reason behind the miscarriages, but found both devastating.

Prior to starting TTC, I upped my supplement intake in line with Blue Sway recommendations. So I was taking daily: 2000mg Folate, 700ug folic acid (300ug in Centrum plus 400ug), probiotic, COQ10, fish oils (1000mg spaced). I got a BFP a few weeks ago which would make me almost 5 weeks pregnant now.

Also, because of the recurrent miscarriages, my gynaecologist prescribed me 400mg Cyclogest (a progesterone pessary) to take only once the pregnancy has been confirmed as viable - i.e. once a heartbeat has been seen. I have a scan booked for 2 weeks time for this purpose.

My questions are:

1. What should my supplement doses now be after BFP? Specifically, what mix of folate and folic acid? I planned to stick to 2000mg Folate then wean off after 12 weeks. Should I also stick to 700ug folic acid until 12 weeks, then wean down to 300ug (what is in the Centrum) or should I wean down to 300ug now? I keep reading about dangers of taking too much folic acid! And I can't find examples of any other posters taking this exact mix.
    2. I'm continuing to take probiotic and DVT fish oils 2 a day (I switched to a pregnancy brand) plus Centrum - is this ok?
    3. Does anyone have experience of taking Cyclogest to support a pregnancy after recurrent miscarriage / any thoughts on this? If I can avoid taking a hormone, I will, but I live in daily fear of miscarrying again. I'm still unclear on the science of taking progesterone at 7 weeks gestation, when I thought the placenta took over, and keep reading contradictory info online...

Many thanks in advance,

Ruby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered these in your other posts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ