Thread: Ovulation pain?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ovulation pain?

Hi everyone! I'm very new to this website, and to the idea of gender swaying, but DH and I are ready to try for our third and final baby, and with two sons, we're hoping for a girl. I've been charting my BBT for 6 years, so I'm very confident in recognizing my thermal shift. However, I've never been very good at recognizing my CM and CP patterns leading up to O. I've been paying VERY close attention this cycle. I'm pretty sure I felt O pain yesterday around 6pm, but there was no temp shift this morning. How long after O does the shift usually occur? Should I expect it tomorrow morning? Or was that just indigestion? :-)

I'm planning on picking up some OPKs for the next few cycles, but I know how important it is to be able to pinpoint O when trying to sway pink. If I think I can rely on the O pain, I'll feel much more confident. Thoughts, opinions, and advice are appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you start taking vitex and saw palmetto and also do the diet, it will be really important to take OPKs or you might miss the egg. All the things we do to sway pink can really change your cycle...mine went from perfect 28 day cycles to 25-27 day cycles and some ppl end up with really long cycles. I am just waiting for my long cycle to kick in b/c it seems to happen with everyone on these supplements!

I also get O pains and I thought for sure I had O'd on CD11 but b/c of Vitex, I think it was a fake O and then the real thing happened 2 days later.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Picked up my OPKs today! I'm still unsure what if any supplements I'm going to take. I'm definitely a "mellow yellow" swayer, so I don't want to get too complicated with my sway. I'm doing a version of the LE diet (adjusted due to glucose intolerance issues), taking steps to increase negative ions, am thinking we'll do frequent BD b/t AF and a positive OPK, and maybe use RepHresh. All that to say, I don't know that my cycle will change all that much. Although, I've always been ridiculously irregular. When I posted this, I was leaning towards an O+12, thinking it would easier to figure out 12 hours after O than 2 days before. Now that I'm leaning towards a cutoff, I'll just rely on the OPK and hope it's enough of a cutoff. And if we end up with another boy, so be it! :-) Thanks so much for your response!!!

ETA: And I'm still pretty darn sure I O'd Friday night. Temp dip Saturday morning, followed by a gradual rise Sunday and Monday.