Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone! I have a question when to do OPK again?

Hi gals!
    I'm so excited that I've found this site. It is so helpful to get all this information and feedback from everyone. Thanks Atomic!

I am 31, I have a daughter 14 months, and ttc boy in July. I am trying to do the diet, with lots of salt, lemon, no coffee , drinking green tea 1-3 x a day., drinking lots of water, eating potatoes, bananas, eating more red meat.

I am taking supplements: potassium, FA 800-1200 a day, zinc. I took False Unicorn for one day and could not take anymore. It gave me headaches and nausea. Had to stop it.
    I plan to take Fertile CM from Af to O, will try the BSD and BSF, lemon water.

DH is taking some supplements too: zinc, L-arginine. He drinks coffee every morning.

I've been monitoring my CM and had a large amount of EWCM this morning around 5 AM,cycle day 18, took an OPK test around 10 AM and it's negative! I'm seeking advice from you gals, I know that I will be ovulating soon, when should I test again?
    I don't monitor my temperature. I'm checking with CM and OPKs.

I'm doing the OPKs this month so I can have an idea of when I will be ovulating in July.

I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd test every day from now at around the same time of day
    you can have EWCM for 5 days before OV, so it should be soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Twice a day should be enough. Important thing is not to test with FMU sine LH is synthesized in the morning and will not show in urine til afternoon.

So general advice is to check around 2pm and 10pm and for TTC a boy you should BD the night of the +OPK

Here is link for more info http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...rted-with-OPKs
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good advice there. I usually start testing around CD9 or 10, and usually O around CD13-16....it gets crazy with supps, so I just track it big time. I take two opks a day like Zivvie said. You can narrow it down even better when you do 2 a day. So, if you know your surge came in the morning, you may be more inclined to do it that night for sure, as opposed to it coming towards the evening, when you could dtd in the morning, theoretically, and it would be closer to right before you O.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your feedback. I will test twice a day to make sure I won't miss the surge. When it becomes positive (dark) it means that I should be ovulating soon? Doesn't mean that I'm ovulating at that moment, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, it means that your body has produced enough estrogen to trigger a surge in Luteinizing Hormone, which therefore triggers ovulation. MOST people ovulate on average 30 hours after the LH surge, but it does vary, of course. It takes about 5-6 hours for the surge to hit your urine, so by the time you detect it, you are looking at Oing around 24 hours later. Although I am not a huge believer in timing being that big of a deal, I myself am going to try to dtd on O day, or right before, so I have a better chance of getting pg. Most of us boy swayers try to dtd 12-18 hours after your 1st +opk.

I would continue to take them after you get a positive also. You may get a couple of days of + tests, or maybe just one. It varies woman to woman, so best to have a few practice "tracking" months, but if you are wanting to go for it now, just take them religiously and get yourself in the sack once you see true positives. You may know all of this, so sorry if repeating! I've done so many opks in my time ttc now! You really want to differentiate between the ALMOST + and the TRULY +...you may get several days of the test line (your line) fading in and getting darker, but wait until you get the truly + opk, which will have your test line definitely as dark as or darker than the control line. MY + are darker than the control, most gals' are. Do you have one cycle to track before you try?

Another bit of opk advice.....the days you take them, don't dehydrate yourself by any means, but try not to chug a gallon of water or anything for the few hours before you take them. I drink stuff normally, like sips here and there, but I don't down a liter or anything. It is possible to dilute the test if you are peeing too frequently and drinking too much liquid. But you really want to hold your pee for at least 3 hours or so, which is hard, I know, to get a nice clear test result.

Come over and join our boy swaying thread, we are an amazing support system for each other and can answer any questions for you!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also forgot to mention the other signs of O.....I know Atomic has some threads about it, but do you get ovulation pains? Also, I would check your cervix for signs of O. Do you know how to do that?

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lola.

I tested this morning and my opk test line was darker than the control line. It appeared very quick too. I'll keep testing to see the pattern. I am so tempted to ttc this time but I didn't take the Fertile cm, BSD, BSF, or lemon water.

I've read on how to check the cervix but haven't done it yet. I will though.

Thank u so much for your helpful response. I'm very happy I found this forum. So we can help each other out.