Thread: Zzzquil...

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zzzquil...

Does anyone know if ZZZquil (the non-habit sleep aid) would affect CM and if so, how? I ovulate every month within the same 3 days or so and I have NOTHING except for a little bit of thick stuff. Could it be that I took ZZZquil last night? And, if it does affect CM in a negative way, how long is it in your system before your CM would be back to normal? Sorry if this is a dumb question! And hopefully I posted this in the right spot.
    DS then swayed for a DD in 2014...and got her! Now back to sway for a girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zzzquil has an antihistamine called diphenhydramine HCL. Antihistamines are actually recommended for girl sways to dry up CM, read this:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-ttc-girl.html
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I have heard it sways girl a little bit...thanks for the link! I am really wondering now how long does that stay in your system because I took it 48 hours ago and my CM is still the same. I never have had it this way ever. Could my CM being this way be unrelated to this since it was 48 hours ago or is it possible my CM is still affected by the medicine? Hhmm...okay and if anyone knows the answer that would be helpful to me as I figure all of this out! Also, I have been taking Zovirax for the past week (it is an anti-viral med to treat terrible cold sores/cankersores I get). Anyone know if this would affect it as well? On the label it does say that you need to drink more water with it...thanks to anyone who is willing to help me.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    48 hours later, the diphenhydramine is very unlikely to be having an effect on your CM (after 12 hours any effects should be long gone). Zovirax shouldn't affect it, either. Maybe just a sign of your success on the diet? I was shocked by how little CM I had last cycle after a month on eating LE.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have changed my diet just slightly (because I don't want to lose any weight)but maybe that tiny bit of change is doing it. I have also been sick and not eating as much as I normally would, so many factors here...thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diphenhydramine is very short lived and for best results should be taken within 1-2 hours of atytempt. So if you're stil having dryer Cm that is down to something else.

Acyclovir doesn't dissolve very good in water so that's why you're told to drink more. It's not because it has a drying effect, it's to make sure that the medication is dissolved. So it ~probably~ doesn't sway, at least not int hat way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherMom View Post
    I have changed my diet just slightly (because I don't want to lose any weight)but maybe that tiny bit of change is doing it. I have also been sick and not eating as much as I normally would, so many factors here...thanks!
    sickness can def. dry up cm
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! :-)