Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ttc after pelvic inflammatory disease

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have just been diagnosed with PID i got it after i had a missed misscarrage in May. I had a ERPC on June 10 and since then i had been having irrgeular bleeding and pain. I went to my Dr July19 who said i had thrush and gave me canesten pesserys which didnt help. I waited till after my next af and went back in August which is when she took a swab and told me if it comes back clear then i need to go to the GU clinic and see what they can do but stressed there was no rushas in her opion i was just taking time to recover from the ERPC and to wait till the kids had gone back to school 2 weeks later, which i did. I would have had the PID for 3 months before i had taken the antibiotics so quite along time for it to do damage.

Has anyone had PID and if so have you managed to have a baby since then. I am so worried that i have done too much damage to have another baby [:'(]

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First, I am so sorry that you are dealing with this and it took them so long to help you. From what I have read, PID can be recurrent so you will need to speak up after your course of antibiotics if the pain continues.

Also, the risk seems to be blocked tubes due to scarring so if you are afraid of anything like that, you would have to have your tubes checked. I'm sure you can ask your doctor and there is a test, like a HSG test, where they can take a look at your tubes. Many of us HT gals are required to have a HSG to check our uterus for anything abnormal and it is a simple and painless procedure.

Be your own advocate though and ask your doctor whatever questions you may have and tell him/her your worries. Take care.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also sorry you are going through this

Definitely have an HSG done to check your tubes. I had 2 missed miscarriages before I ever started trying to have children (long story won't get into that here) which is mist likely the cause of my bilateral proximal occlusion (blocked tubes right at the uterus). I saved myself months if not a year of trying without any luck by having the HSG done.

You may also want to have a hersteroscopy done where they will put you under light anesthesia and insert a camera into your uterus to look at everything.

Again I am sorry you are going through this and feel free to PM me any questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you for your replys i am due to go back to the dr in 2 weeks. I am going to be asking for tests to be done and i hope her will refer me as i had told him we are ttc. I hope the fact we already have children wont put him off of doing anything