Thread: Femara Question

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Femara Question

I am sure this has been covered, but so have looked for this answer and can not find it. I’ve had 3 miscarriages in the past 7 months, so a healthy baby is the most important. But, I figure why not sway a little if I can? I’ve been swaying girl for a year now, so it’s more like a lifestyle change and isn’t hard anymore. My RE is putting me on femara. My question is when to DTD? I normally O cd12, but know my O day will probably be affected. Do I need to use OPKs to pinpoint? And when to DTD? Still once? (I’ve been getting pregnant easily doing 1 time, but I know the meds may change this.) Or do I now do E4days? And if so, starting on what day? Thank you for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Blessedmama - I'm sorry for your losses. I've also had 3 losses in the past year and have been swaying girl for more than a year now. It's so hard going through all this

Just in my experience... I'm on Clomid, not Femara, so it may be a little different, but two of my 3 pregnancies/ losses were conceived with Clomid and 1 attempt at +OPK. So for me the medication has not made it more difficult to conceive with 1 attempt. If you're getting pregnant pretty easily and with 1 attempt my guess is the same should be true with Femara. In fact I think Femara is less likely to mess with fertility than Clomid as I don't think it has the same side effects with lining and CM. My O day has also not really changed with Clomid either but my cycles are VERY consistent and I think for most people the meds will change it. Lots of people do E4D though so they don't have to deal with or at least rely on OPKs so you could do that too!

Good luck! I hope you get your healthy girl soon!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly if you've been getting pregnant with one attempt, I'd try with one attempt at least the first month or two out on the Femara. Yes, you'll need to do OPK and have that attempt at first positive.

you could also do e4d starting after AF ends and going through confirmed ovulation (even if that means going till next AF starts) but you are more than welcome to give it a month or so on one attempt before starting with that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Blessedmama - I'm sorry for your losses. I've also had 3 losses in the past year and have been swaying girl for more than a year now. It's so hard going through all this

Just in my experience... I'm on Clomid, not Femara, so it may be a little different, but two of my 3 pregnancies/ losses were conceived with Clomid and 1 attempt at +OPK. So for me the medication has not made it more difficult to conceive with 1 attempt. If you're getting pregnant pretty easily and with 1 attempt my guess is the same should be true with Femara. In fact I think Femara is less likely to mess with fertility than Clomid as I don't think it has the same side effects with lining and CM. My O day has also not really changed with Clomid either but my cycles are VERY consistent and I think for most people the meds will change it. Lots of people do E4D though so they don't have to deal with or at least rely on OPKs so you could do that too!

Good luck! I hope you get your healthy girl soon!!
    Thank you so much!! I’m so sorry for your losses too! Have you been tested for everything? We have found that I have APS- a blood clotting disorder and I’m on lovenox now during pregnancies. But, the third loss we were able to do testing on the fetus and it came back with chromosomal issue so my dr is putting me on femara to help with egg quality. I had 2 perfect baby boys in 2014 and 2015 (first tries) with no trouble, and now all of this, so it’s so frustrating.

And thank you for the advice. My cycles are so consistent too, and I don’t use OPK’s and don’t really want to. My dr is suggesting a trigger shot too...I haven’t done a lot of research on that yet but I think that will pinpoint O, so maybe that will be helpful. Thanks again, and I hope you get your healthy baby girl very soon too!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes exactly if you've been getting pregnant with one attempt, I'd try with one attempt at least the first month or two out on the Femara. Yes, you'll need to do OPK and have that attempt at first positive.

you could also do e4d starting after AF ends and going through confirmed ovulation (even if that means going till next AF starts) but you are more than welcome to give it a month or so on one attempt before starting with that.
    Thank you, Atomic! I know most drs limit how long you can be on femara and clomid, right? I will try one attempt, and then move to e4d probably the second cycle. It usually takes 1-2 cycles for me to get pregnant, but this last one took 4. Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes docs will usually give you 6 months, but of late we've been having more docs cut you off after 3 months, make you take a month off, then 3 more months. So yes I think that's a fine plan if you feel ok doing that. Good lluck!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks blessedmama2 thanked for this post