Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc past 40 and after a 2 tri loss

Hello ladies! I知 new here and have some questions.

First off, I just bought the dream membership this morning and followed the link. But I知 not seeing a change to my account?

I知 not sure where I should exactly be posting this as I fit the 40 plus, the having trouble with conceiving, and ttc after a loss 🤷*♀️

Back ground. I知 42 and had a 16 week loss this past November. I was so excited to have my sweet boy. He was the easiest baby I ever got pregnant with. And I was beyond shock to find out his little heart had stopped beating a few days before my 16 week check up 😞

I have a 22 month old that took three plus years to conceive. My first son that is almost 19 took 2.5 yrs. a couple children we easier though... I also had a very early loss in March of 15 and a CP last month

I have 5 boys plus my lost boy and only two girls. While I would sway pink, at this point Im not sure if I should? I think my priority is getting and staying pregnant.

After we lost the baby I started all kids of supplements and now I知 rethinking this plan. I知 taking Fish oil, prenatals, extra Folate, extra calcium with D, Vitamin C. And Ubiquinol.

I致e had light periods all my life and have often wondered if I had lining issues. SO I started Red raspberry Lead tea twice. The first time I had an early loss and last month I drank It A-O and had a cp...

I知 wondering if there is a plan I can purchase that helps with TTC in general?

Any thoughts? Or can someone point me in the right direction? I really don稚 want to end on such a horrible loss and would love to straighten out my supplements to get back on track.

Thanks!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. I am sorry for your losses. Given the gestation, did you do genetic testing to find out why?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. At the time my heart wasn’t in it. We have seven other children with no issues though.

I started the Ubiquinol in case it the loss had to do with egg quality. I’ve take 3 a day for 6 months.

I have an appointment next week with my OB and she’ll offer Clomid. I’ve tried it twice before and I did ovulate, but I’ve never gotten pregnant on it. Same with Femara.

I’m leaning towards more supplements or different supplements. A change in diet...IDK. I feel at a loss on what to do next.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so, so sorry for your losses.

Without testing your loss, it's definitely hard to figure out what might have happened. I can tell you from the recurrent loss side of things, though, that second trimester losses are often less chromosomal issues (and if they are chromosomal losses, they are often the chromosome issues that can be viable, like Down Syndrome). There are always exceptions to the rule though, of course!

Did you have early scans with that pregnancy? They should have been looking at your lining and cervix measurement to make sure those were good, and lining was unlikely to have affected little one's heartbeat stopping.

I'm definitely thinking of you. It very well could have been a chromosome issue that happened to make it that far, and going on supplements for egg health could only help. A lot of the other things I'm used to considering for losses at that stage (clotting factors, for one) seem unlikely as you've had so many other successful pregnancies before.

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I did have a scan at 8 weeks. Nothing unusual but that’s pretty early.

I’m sorry for your losses as well. I see you have hypothyroidism? My 11 yr old dd was born with it. She was actually born with out a thyroid.

I can’t figure why it takes me so long to get pregnant. Sometimes 2-3 yrs and sometimes not.

I’d kinda like to sway girl... but eveething I’ve been taking I believe sways boy. Fish oil, probiotic ect...

Do you know if there’s a plan available for improving overall fertility? I still can’t see all the dream membership stuff that I paid for yesterday.
    Last edited by Lizzie Raine; May 23rd, 2018 at 08:43 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're showing up as a Dream Member to me, can you access everything now?

Just post whereever, we aren't too particular about the rules around here!

Do you have PCOS or any tendencies that direction? Do you have thyroid issues (if you aren't sure, I suggest having a checkup) Did you recently go off any supplements or herbs suddenly.

I think you''ll do best on this diet (it will both sway pink but also help with egg quality) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-sugar-issues=

I would not worry about your light periods or drinking RRLT. People worry constantly about lining but it's really not such a thing as people think it is. I have super light periods too and always have.

Ubiquinol is fine. How much fish oil, C, folate?

If you want a plan, just get the regular TTC a girl plan and then stress in the questionnaire that it's mostly for fertility and I'll make the plan accordingly.

So sorry for your loss - no matter what, whether you get a plan or not, I'm here to help and please don't hesitate just let me know anything I can do to assist.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Raine View Post
    No. At the time my heart wasn’t in it. We have seven other children with no issues though.

I started the Ubiquinol in case it the loss had to do with egg quality. I’ve take 3 a day for 6 months.

I have an appointment next week with my OB and she’ll offer Clomid. I’ve tried it twice before and I did ovulate, but I’ve never gotten pregnant on it. Same with Femara.

I’m leaning towards more supplements or different supplements. A change in diet...IDK. I feel at a loss on what to do next.
    I don't want you on Clomid. Femara only. Once you're over 40 Clomid can raise your FSH sky high and this will drastically lower your egg quality. Femara does not have this effect and I"d very much prefer to see you on that.

I do want you to change your diet but please run any supps you are thinking about by me first. The tendency is to throw supplements at the problem (which is likely not even a problem that needs to be fixed, was probably just an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to your loss) and often people start taking so many supplements they actually cause themselves harm and make it take longer to conceive.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Dislikes Lizzie Raine disliked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your help. Yes I can now access Dream member threads 👍 I will check out the Diet you linked. Is it old lady friendly 😂 I will not take the Clomid or RRLT. I will take Femara. Thanks for that advice. Why in the world don稚 they offer it to the over 40痴 😡

I was taking Royal Jelly this month for a week and half or so and then stopped. I think this messed up my O this month.

Im taking daily....

Smarty Pants Prenatals
    Probiotic by Culturelle
    2400 Folate- this include the Prenatals
    Ubiquinol 300 mg total
    Fish oil- 2855 TOTAL- 455 in the prenatals and and two extra 1200mg of Nature Made
    Iron- 65 daily as I don稚 get much and im usually a little low.
    Calcium Chew with added 1000 of D. This makes 2000 D daily and lots of Calcium.

Last week I cut out- extra zinc, magnesium, calcium and 1000 extra D, and 1000 of C. Should I add these back in?

It痴 great to see you had a baby at my age! So did my sister. Gives me hope. I just can稚 end on my sweet boys loss.

YES... I have mild PCOS traits, I did even as a very thin teen. I lost 25 lbs before conceiving my 16 week lost. But have gained it back over the last 6 months. It痴 like my hormones went crazy.

NO thyroid issues. I知 checked often since it runs in my family. I see the OB next week so I値l ask if I was checked last yr. I知 sure I was.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Raine View Post
    Thank you. I did have a scan at 8 weeks. Nothing unusual but that’s pretty early.

I’m sorry for your losses as well. I see you have hypothyroidism? My 11 yr old dd was born with it. She was actually born with out a thyroid.

I can’t figure why it takes me so long to get pregnant. Sometimes 2-3 yrs and sometimes not.

I’d kinda like to sway girl... but eveething I’ve been taking I believe sways boy. Fish oil, probiotic ect...

Do you know if there’s a plan available for improving overall fertility? I still can’t see all the dream membership stuff that I paid for yesterday.
    Oh wow, I don't have a thyroid as well (though mine was removed as a kid!).

If you saw a HB at 8 weeks though, that helps figure out the cause of the loss more. Some autoimmune conditions cam develop the older we get as well.

Definitely follow atomic's advice, she is a pro with helping older moms get pregnant with healthy babies!

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I知 definitely putting Atomic痴 words into action. I致e already started cutting back carbs, but I知 going to stick to her diet that she linked me. I started today but I知 going to the grocery store tomorrow to get supplies.

I知 going to start reading the Dream Member threads tonight, can稚 wait!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast