Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low Progesterone

I have telephoned doctors and cannot get in at present, kind of a suprising result i have gotten here..

so my day 21 bloods taken at 6dpo... 20 nmol/L (they like 30+), on my result it says Abnormal and to book an appointment.
    Receptionist read notes and said oh yes says no ovulation book an appointment.. so very confused!

il attach my chart in a picture below..

2-5 bloods progesterone 1 nmol/L

If i have Ovulated, does this level at 6dpo simply mean that i havent got pregnant this cycle? i can only guess that atleast, i am very surpised its indicating no ovulation due to chart.. and does low progesterone mean i cant implant / conceive at all? what are the remedies?

thanks guys
    Last edited by sofkay; February 7th, 2019 at 01:09 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Screenshot_20190207-101423.jpg

*Bloods taken at 6DPO*

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It needs to be above 15. 20 is totally normal. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003714.htm

Who told you 30+? Could you possibly be confused between 7 DPO prog and pregnancy prog levels?

I suspect ~if~ that's seen as low it's because you tested 6 DPO rather than 7.

At 6 DPO you would not see big prog rises from pregnancy yet. You can't tell from a blood test at 6 DPO if you're pregnant.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks so much for reply atomic.. i was worried as all my charts show high temps, i was even thinking all this time id had false temp readings..

also what you say about them pregnancy ones.. just out of interest do you mean to say for example this cycle at 6dpo my progesterone isnt high enough to mean im pregnant?

*Copied and Pasted of my GP notes*

Result Abnormal
    What you need to do Make an appointment to see doctor

Pathology Investigations

PROGESTERONE
    PROGESTERONE 20 nmol/L
    Progesterone levels greater than 30 nmol/L suggest
    ovulation has occured. Samples should be
    "mid-luteal" e.g. day 21 of 28 day cycle.
    DAY OF CYCLE 21

Test result PROGESTERONE Report, Abnormal, Make an appointment to see doctor (Patient Informed)
    Last edited by sofkay; February 7th, 2019 at 02:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can totally be pregnant with progesterone at a level of 20. With DS3 I had my progesterone level checked at 9dpo and it was 19. Totally normal. I think when I had it tested in a previous (nonpregnant) cycle at around 6 or 7dpo it was only about a 9 or 10.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for reassurance. its just what my doctors have writen on my file. when i rung receptionist was like.. let me check your notes no ovulation etc.. so its writen in MY notes.. as a no ovulation. been so confused today not been nice, suppose got to try and see them, as they suggest and see what they say -_-

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I'm saying that at 6 DPO your pregnancy cannot be registering as higher progesterone because the baby would not have implanted yet and progesterone would have not yet risen. Your progesterone rises after implantation not before, because it receives a signal from the baby's implanting to do that. at 6 DPO implantation has not occurred yet.

I just read that even though in the US and most countries anything above 15 is normal, supposedly (based on this one thing I read which I have honestly never heard of this before in my life and I talk to tons of British swayers, so it cannot be widespread) in the UK it is above 30. This is new to me, not sure if it's a new standard or what, but I talk to people about this issue all the time and again and again we've all been told that anything above 15 (and in many cases over 10) is ovulatory. 20 is fine IMO and not only that you tested a day early and it very likely would have been higher the next day.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this https://www.wantbaby.info/calculator...el-calculator/

Mine was 20 nmol/L at 6dpo... This calc does have me at low
    Does this really mean i havent ovulated?
    Why are my temps high if thats the case? So confused..
    Does low progesterone in effect mean no chance pregnancy? Even if i have ovulated?
    In the tests they are looking for ovulation
    I dont know how relevent it is that its read as nmol/L .. they are just looking for ovulation tho and the clearly dont think i have ovualted but.. i take my temps the same every day 100% i do.. why are temps so high? What does low progesteron mean for my future ttc and any baby?
    Screenshot_20190207-101423.jpg
    Last edited by sofkay; February 7th, 2019 at 04:40 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    You can totally be pregnant with progesterone at a level of 20. With DS3 I had my progesterone level checked at 9dpo and it was 19. Totally normal. I think when I had it tested in a previous (nonpregnant) cycle at around 6 or 7dpo it was only about a 9 or 10.
    What reading was this? Like 20nmol/L? Ive read theres different types of readings -_- thank you in advanced

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no idea why you are being told that is low. I really don't. I've talked to gobs of people over the years and 15 or higher indicates ovulation. It is right here in this link that 15+ indicates ovulation https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003714.htm

your prog levels + temps indicate ovulation has occurred to me. I cannot shed any more light than this. People in the US, Australia, and Europe are using 15 or higher (and oftentimes as low as 10) as the baseline to indicate O has occurred. Not 30. I really doubt they're going to tell you that you haven't ovulated.

At this stage of gestation the baby is not implanted yet. It cannot be raising your progesterone level and so this allegedly "low" (which is not low) prog level does not tell you anything about whether or not you are pregnant.

Plus, again, you took the test a day early and that may make your numbers lower.

IF your progesterone was low (which it isn't) it doesn't mean anything at all. A healthy pregnancy will send a signal to your body UPON IMPLANTATION (which has not occurred at the point at which this test was taken) to start making a lot of progesterone. Low prog may mean there is something wrong with the pregnancy but again (and please hear me when I say this, do not panic) that is only AFTER IMPLANTATION. At the time you took that test the baby, if there was a baby, would not have implanted and at that point in time could not have been impacting your progesterone levels.

Looking at your chart, that next temp rise is a good sign, if the temps stay up that could mean pregnancy but we don't know yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast