Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

vit. d and recurrent miscarriages

Does anyone have any personal experience with low vitamin D levels and m/c or have any knowledge of vit. D supplementation for recurrent m/c and it's effects on infertile women... (especially those with high natural killer cells?) TIA

Here are a few things I have found while researching the subject:
    Vitamin D3 Therapy | Success After Multiple Miscarriages

Vitamin D and the immune system: new perspectives on an old theme

Vitamin D Deficiency And The Immune System | LIVESTRONG.COM

Boost Fertility with Vitamin D | Naturally Knocked Up
    (DD1) (DD2) (DD3)

X5

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it but it is because of my immune issues. I take 6,000 to 8,000IU per day.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has it helped w/ your NKC levels? I am hoping to avoid having to take humira due to the side effects. My dr has suggested that I take between 6,000 iu and 8,000 iu of Vitamin D3 too. I'm H&P that the vitamin D helps w/ some of my autoimmune issues as well. I have read a lot of promising things.
    Last edited by baci di farfalla; January 15th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    (DD1) (DD2) (DD3)

X5

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I discovered I had a severe vit d deficiency after dd3. I went through the vitamin therapy and take a daily maintenance dose. I had one m/c before correcting my levels and one several years after.
    Chloe 3/1/2002,Lucy 11/23/2004,Hannah 8/17/2007, Charlie 2/11/2012 GD sway baby!
    12/2003 @ 7 1/2 wks & 10/2010 @ 13 wks

Finally our family is complete!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baci di farfalla View Post
    Has it helped w/ your NKC levels? I am hoping to avoid having to take humira due to the side effects. My dr has suggested that I take between 6,000 iu and 8,000 iu as well. I'm H&P that the vitamin D helps w/ some of my autoimmune issues as well. I have read a lot of promising things.
    I haven't had my levels tested again to know if they have come down or not. Hopefully it has worked though! Are you doing intralipids at all or just Humira? Have you been to Dr. Braverman's site/forum? He is having lots of luck with Neupogen but it is pricey. Then again do is Humira right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by michaela View Post
    I haven't had my levels tested again to know if they have come down or not. Hopefully it has worked though! Are you doing intralipids at all or just Humira? Have you been to Dr. Braverman's site/forum? He is having lots of luck with Neupogen but it is pricey. Then again do is Humira right?

My dr wants to try intralipid therapy and humira but I'm worried about the s/e of the humira. I would love to hear about other womens experiences with this combination of therapy for implantation failure. I'll def. look into the neupogen treatment as well. Thanks
    (DD1) (DD2) (DD3)

X5

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yahoo groups has a board for reproductive immune issues. I am sure someone on there could help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just caught up with a good friend who took a year to conceive, and her doctor tested her Vit D level and it was severely low. She said she started a high dose (like 8,000-10,000 iui a day) got her pregnant in a couple months.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am severely deficient as well and have been boosted months ago with 50,000 a week, then 1,000 daily. Sadly I am still m/c'ing twins so I don't know if being deficient contributed to it. I may have needed more than 1,000 a day, but I am checking in to it. Thank you for posting the links.
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had more bloodwork done last month and my Dr (who's awesome!!!) checked everything and found that last year my Vit D was at 16 (when I went on the 50,000 ui, then 1,000 daily) and now it's down to 13!!! WTH!!!??? I'm back on 50,000 for 12 weeks then we'll check again. I'm probably going to end up on 8,000 daily too. :/

Since I've been reading everything on how to get healthier, I've also added in calcium and magnesium so that my body will actually absorb the Vit D. I'm learning so much now I wish I had thought to read up on all of this 2 years ago! I am determined to have 2 healthy boys next time!!!
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast