Thread: Im so sad..

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Im so sad..

Hi dear friends. Finally we had our appointment at the new fertility centre on monday. For my surprise doc was so nice (all other docs have been so serious and cold). She checked all our studies and asks as for a few more. Including my histerosalpingography that im so afraid of.
    She explained to us that because of my age and time we have till june only to make treatments that cover my medical assurance we should go for ivf directly.
    I was afraid so afraid to make my study..and also to make ivf and even more regarding embrios..as we know we wont be able to discard them and is diffcult to donate. The big problems was that doc told us that is a posibility we dont get any viable embrio in a try and my medical assurance covers just one (no matter results) every 4 months (3 per year for ever) but as im turning 44th in july so only covers till june. That would count as one try and we wont have another no matter wich result we have...
    I was so worried about all that but more confident since yesterday and trying to do our best this may ( doc says we have to give her studies end of march to prepare everything to try on may cycle)
    But.. always but.. doc says that because of my age we have to consider that is common to have many or all embrios with anormal dna. So we have to do pre implatacional study...thats the problem. She sents us today the costs. And is u$d 1400 plus u$d 550 each embrio. Dollar at my country (arg) is 1 usd = $40. So imagine...we are not able to get to that amount of money in so little time... im so so sad. O dont know what to do is our last chance
    2002 2005 2007 2014 2016 looking for my little princess

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no Walkiria I'm so sorry to hear this - yes that would be a ridiculous amount of money to come up with and to be honest I'd probably advise against spending it because at 43 your chances with IVF are not going to be very high at all. What your doc says is true, given your ages, the chances of success will not be good, so it would be a lot of money to spend for something that will probably not end with a BFP anyway.

Are you going to keep trying naturally? That would be what I would do in your situation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh no Walkiria I'm so sorry to hear this - yes that would be a ridiculous amount of money to come up with and to be honest I'd probably advise against spending it because at 43 your chances with IVF are not going to be very high at all. What your doc says is true, given your ages, the chances of success will not be good, so it would be a lot of money to spend for something that will probably not end with a BFP anyway.

Are you going to keep trying naturally? That would be what I would do in your situation.
    Thank ypu for your words my friend. The truth is that we dont know what to do. We really dont want to go all through that and end in same place and heart broken..but on the other hand my husband says he is afraid i will regret in future if i let go my last change of treatment... i dont know what to do..
    O told him we will do all studies starting in march when my period come with hystero and go on till may or june and see if we got the money or not and finally decide.. but im really sad about it. I wished i had at least one cha ce to prove luck with treatment

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand that too - your husband sounds wonderful. Wishing you peace of mind and best of luck with whatever the future holds.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I understand that too - your husband sounds wonderful. Wishing you peace of mind and best of luck with whatever the future holds.
    Thank you so much dear firend for your words. I will let you know how we are going. Hope future still have a chance for us

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post