Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

*UPDATE* TTC FOR 19 MONTHS

hi, so as above, ttc for over 18 months now (Dec 2017+)

another issue with DH sperm..
    March results were basically - 10m, 66% p/motile, 4% morphology
    June results were - 44m, 20% p/motile, 3% morphology

please can someone tell me long and short is this better / worse of a situation then before? the test conditions were exactly the same (i made sure!) so 3 days ab' for both tests

from March's results we went a slight bit ott with supplements..
    500mg ashwaganha
    500mg black maca root
    500mg vit c
    omega 3 eaten or supplemented (eaten 5x a week, supplemented 2x)
    selenium 200mcg
    and 25ug vitamin d3
    wellmans conception

he also started 'cooling' his area.. using ice packs once a day till warm as doctors found mild vericocle (cant spell) but didnt opt to act on it for some reason said 'its fine'

his counts on this have quadropled but the rest has just dropped. they will not do any further s/a tests and he is going to urology.

basically looking at the list what *could* be dropping the motility, morphology..?
    i am thinking of dropping wellmans conception and going onto a generalized multivitamin for men but not sure which and need recommendations! (uk based)
    we are also considering up'ing the vitamin c to 1000mg a day as it says online generally its 1000+ that has better effects on sperm.
    just need any help, any advice! as end of teether!

Too add to my post how crutial is Calcium? Is it a helpful addition for sperm health?

Im considering m/vitamins with just
    Vitamin A, D3, E, K1, C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6, Folic, b12, biotin, b5 all at 100% rda and adding a supplement of Magnesium & Zinc...?
    No iron No Calcium and adding the supplements listed above...
    Last edited by sofkay; July 15th, 2019 at 07:23 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The numbers are the most important thing. It's good that those have improved so much.

I would immediately get him off ashwaganda, the maca. The Wellman's Conception is ok, but I prefer one that does not have the maca and the ginseng in it. I like the Men's One a Day over 50 but you'd have to add in carnitine and arginine separately.

Calcium is at your discretion. He's probably getting plenty from his foods. Men don't need supplemental iron generally as they don't have menstruation and if anything they tend to save up too much (over a lifetime! He should still be eating iron-rich foods like meat of course)

We have guys getting their wives pregnant with even pretty bad varicocele so while he can try the icing I'm not sure that's the sole issue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The numbers are the most important thing. It's good that those have improved so much.

I would immediately get him off ashwaganda, the maca. The Wellman's Conception is ok, but I prefer one that does not have the maca and the ginseng in it. I like the Men's One a Day over 50 but you'd have to add in carnitine and arginine separately.

Calcium is at your discretion. He's probably getting plenty from his foods. Men don't need supplemental iron generally as they don't have menstruation and if anything they tend to save up too much (over a lifetime! He should still be eating iron-rich foods like meat of course)

We have guys getting their wives pregnant with even pretty bad varicocele so while he can try the icing I'm not sure that's the sole issue.
    IMG_20190715_093532.jpg
    Atomic, i want to thank you so so much for all the help youve given over my hurrendous time i really hope& pray its over with.
    So i got this sunday 3 months after supplement changes for DH
    he took - wellmans conception, omega 3 (mostly eaten), ashwagandha 500mg, black maca 500mg, vitamin c chewable 500mg, selenium 200mcg
    its a lot! but its worked. a weird kind of miracle has occured..
    tho i have cramps not all the time and not for long but cramps, i have a wet feeling like af is about to come..
    i was 14dpo in this test on sunday. im not sure how the line is supposed to be. should i keep retesting every 2 days i feel very anxious something will go wrong as it now really feels like its all on me.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those cramps are totally normal!

I do not recommend testing again and again. If something is wrong you will usually know it because you'll have bleeding, and testing and getting positives is no guarantee the pregnancy is working out. Many losses still give positive tests for quite a while. So testing regularly just gives you something to worry about without giving you any guarantee.

I do just want to reiterate for anyone reading this that I do not recommend maca, aswanganda, and the Wellman's conception. People take them sometimes and do get pregnant but they have caused lots of trouble for us and I can't recommend them for you guys based on those experiences.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And HUGE congrats! So excited for you!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    And HUGE congrats! So excited for you!

Thanks so much!!
    i am on edge tho as i had symptoms like hot flushes and not wanting to eat but they have more or less disappeared now. i dont really have hot flushes at all and my eating is back to normal. i did take another test this am and it was darker but am i thinking far to into it that i should be full of symptoms? and thinking to much into disappearing symptoms?
    when do they kick in?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No that's not how it works. Symptoms come and go. Some you have early on and they go away. Others are minor at the start and get worse later on. Don't overthink symptoms. You can have tons, or barely any, and they aren't predictive of whose pregnancy is working out and whose isn't. Some people lose pregnancies where they had tons of symptoms and others have no symptoms and have no trouble at all.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic..

My cramps today are different.. triggered by movement and some 5hrs ago were pretty bad like AF. Not sure what to make of this new thing where walking around triggers cramps? My normal twinges and my bad af ones earlier..

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pregnancy can bring with it lots of strange aches and pains like that and can absolutely be triggered by movement. Try not to worry until you have a solid cause to.