Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Fertility Email (other thread failed to post?)

Hi Atomic i got an email off a dr from our fertility clinic

his email copy & pasted:
    Hi Sophie,
    Humans do not always make good embryos. At 30, 50 percent of all embryos made are genetically abnormal. That's why we don't get pregnant every month, or miscarry when we do. 97 per cent of all miscarriages in the first 12 weeks are genetically abnormal.
    Rarely do humans miscarry a normal baby and rarely do genetically abnormal babies get to be born. For every 100 Down's syndrome babies that are conceived, only one is ever born.
    So having one miscarriage can be normal. Yes you are more fertile after a miscarriage and with an AMH of 21, you will be fine.
    No you don't need IUI and you won't need IVF. If you do have any problems, just give us a ring.

Good luck,

Professor Charles Kingsland
    Postgraduate Medical Institute, University of Edge Hill
    Consultant Gynaecologist, Royal Preston Hospital
    Clinical Director, CARE Fertility Group
    Mobile 07399 257515

I have been on pregnancy supplements past 2 months nearly now and wanted to use them as part of Supplement s because they have some additional stuff such as Selenium..
    Anyway apart from COQ10 at 300mg (i am considering making this 600mg?) I have read about DHEA as a supplement to take for egg quality as good for increasing ivf success rates? Is this safe to take in 2ww etc..? Is it safe to add at all or will it stop regularity of cycle?

*Too add i got my first positive OPK since miscarriage at cycle day 21, im usually a day 16 ovulator so a touch late but not unexpected*

Atomic please feel free to comment on anything ive said here & on the email i received. i was upset to think 50% of my eggs are duds to be honest, theres a sense of positivity that they say i do not need ivf or iui despite having tried for 19 months but i clearly need to do something about these eggs
    Last edited by sofkay; September 1st, 2019 at 08:01 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I copied this from the other thread which had gone into a moderation queue. I approved it and replied but since there's an additional question I wanted to answer that:

DO NOT TAKE DHEA. At 30 there is literally zero chance you need it, and you will seriously harm your egg quality (it will raise your testosterone, and in turn your blood sugar, and this can really really mess up your eggs.) Given your AMH the odds are that your eggs are perfectly fine, and by taking DHEA you will be creating a very serious problem when you really have no problem with egg quality.

I do not think you need more Coq10 and should continue at your present level.

The reason why you didn't get pregnant for 19 months was almost certainly due to your husband's sperm count and nothing to do with your eggs. Please, I beg you, you need for your own sanity here to set this aside because you are causing yourself endless amounts of stress (and stress is not good for fertility) trying to find some magic solution to a riddle that plagues all of us who have suffered a loss. The vast, vast majority of losses are sheer bad luck, nothing fixable, and there are millions of women taking every possible combination of pill and potion and none of them really work.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR EGGS. Period, end of story. Your AMH indicates your eggs are perfect for a person of your age and with the mindset you are in right now you are causing fertility more harm than good (by stressing about it) and if you start taking a bunch of crap that has risks and side effects when you don't need to, you will make matters worse and create a problem where no problem exists.

I think I've told you this before, but one of the best things you can do is go onto a lower carb diet (NOT very low carb) like South Beach or Perfect Health Diet and do some moderate exercise. By far and away, that is more effective a way to help egg quality than popping pills all of which have side effects and risks to them that may even compromise your already good fertility.

He's trying to tell you that EVERYONE at age 30 has a very high % of abnormal eggs. All human beings who have eggs have a lot of abnormal eggs. It's normal to be abnormal, LOL. There is no way to stop it because it appears to be a natural process that affects us all. He was trying to reassure you, not scare you! One miscarriage is not at all unusual. Many of us have one or two along the way (I had two, and five healthy children). Many of us started off having a loss with our first pregnancy and then went on to have heathy pregnancies thereafter.

Your AMH is great. You do not need IVF. He is telling you that your chances are GOOD, not bad!

Again, and I know this is not what you want me to say but it is what the reality is, NOTHING you do or take can prevent another loss. There is no guarantee I can offer you and there's no guarantee the doctor can offer you either. The chances are very, very high (as he's saying 97% or better) that your loss was due to sheer misfortune and nothing else, and you roll the conception dice again and you will end up with a healthy baby at the end of it.

That is a perfectly fine vitamin to take.

I personally find that they say "you're more fertile after a miscarriage" to reassure ladies and not because it's universally true. Great if it's true, if not, you're no worse off than you were before, LOL. So if they are telling you it's ok to try, I urge you to go right ahead and try.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic

I am in my 2ww now and it seems in some ways my bodys returning to normal. im 4dpo since 3dpo been feeling sore there with almost similar pregnancy cramps, i KNOW its not a symptom as its too early etc but is this cause my uterus is still not ''normal'' yet?

We did do some tries around the correct time -2 and Ovulation day. I dont really know when your most likely to get pregnant statistically? if the -2 one had more chance or the ovulation one?

I feel awful for trying again but at the same time i cant sit here and be empty there for too long. if im making any sense at all! basically i know i am going to be v confused etc if i was magically pregnant and lets be honest it would be a bloody miracle based on everything thats happened.. but i know its worse to not be pregnant for me then it is to be pregnant.

i thank you for your advice on DHEA happily will not take it.
    I am tho considering up'ing coq10 to 600mg af-o? and o-af take 300mg? this is probably wrong so please tell me if it is a mistake to do this when i get af etc again. thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be normal to have cramping after ovulation, sometimes quite severe. I often have cramps for a few days after ovulation. This is because the fallopian tubes are cramping to move the egg down and also because if you ovulated, it releases fluid inside your abdominal cavity, and also because any eggs that weren't ovulated have to be reabsorbed. This can make for achiness.

O-2 and O-1 are the best days for ovulation, but you would still have sperm left over from O-2 on Ovulation Day itself so it still could have been either shot.

Many people want to try after a loss. As long as you had your doc's ok then it's all good.

I would very much prefer to see you continue at 300 mg because I do not think you need more Coq10. Your AMH indicates there is absolutely nothing wrong with your egg quality. If you must take 600 please take it all month and don't switch back and forth like that.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for this once again. OK so ill keep myself on 300mg coq10.
    Regarding my 2 tries this cycle -2 try (i know you dislike people checking but i do).. cervix was medium firmness but open. on the ovulation day try it was exceptional! super soft and open.
    The doctors havent said anything to me about anything at all. its all been super useless. it feels like youve just been throw to the dust, you can get pregnant so f-off basically. its a strange place to be. all this year has been nothing but testing and getting ready for ivf for that to stop and just be left same situation, not pregnant, but alone with no real thing to focus on .. like now all it is is a waiting game. i have no idea what to do. our nhs service have said to me we will never qualify for ivf now and that they will not do any kind of testing for a year (aug 2020). I am really so unsure on what to do.. i think possibly contact a clinic and see what the options are, iui is a very good option but then it doesnt sort egg issue out.. so ivf? its so confusing.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sofkay, this is not just a matter of silly old atomic and her personal likes and dislikes. It is because checking your cervix, even with scrupulously clean hands you run the risk of introducing microorganisms up inside that can indeed cause infection and miscarriage, and I'm talking BY FAR more than 600 vs. 300 mg coq10. Checking your cervix is a really, really, not good thing to do under any circumstances, but especially, especially after a loss. Please don't do it any more. Stay away from your cervix from here on in especially around ovulation, and NEVER EVER during pregnancy or after a loss. There are people on here who have absolutely lost pregnancies because of uterine infections.

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record here but you have no egg issue. There is no egg issue. For all we know your loss had nothing to do with your eggs, and your AMH was great. Please do not take egg quality even into consideration. At 30 and with your testing results you have as good of eggs as anyone in your age range and there is no problem here to even be fixed.

That is unfortunately many of our experiences with doctors. They just send us on our way, no explanation, and then wonder why we go on the Internet to look stuff up, LOL.

IUI actually tends to be fairly low chances of conceiving. Lower than natural, and in fact most people who do IUI also have natural attempts at the same time.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sofkay, this is not just a matter of silly old atomic and her personal likes and dislikes. It is because checking your cervix, even with scrupulously clean hands you run the risk of introducing microorganisms up inside that can indeed cause infection and miscarriage, and I'm talking BY FAR more than 600 vs. 300 mg coq10. Checking your cervix is a really, really, not good thing to do under any circumstances, but especially, especially after a loss. Please don't do it any more. Stay away from your cervix from here on in especially around ovulation, and NEVER EVER during pregnancy or after a loss. There are people on here who have absolutely lost pregnancies because of uterine infections.

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record here but you have no egg issue. There is no egg issue. For all we know your loss had nothing to do with your eggs, and your AMH was great. Please do not take egg quality even into consideration. At 30 and with your testing results you have as good of eggs as anyone in your age range and there is no problem here to even be fixed.

That is unfortunately many of our experiences with doctors. They just send us on our way, no explanation, and then wonder why we go on the Internet to look stuff up, LOL.

IUI actually tends to be fairly low chances of conceiving. Lower than natural, and in fact most people who do IUI also have natural attempts at the same time.

i would like to add i never checked my cervix once in pregnancy i lost, i also dont check cervix at any time other then pre ovulation. but i really do understand why you are saying about why i shouldnt check.
    thanks for all your help, i really hope i get my lil rainbow.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sorry I didn't mean to say you had, I was more worried you might in an upcoming one. Just leave it alone, it knows what it's doing, LOL.