Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im torn between these 2

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb...ther-to-be-x30 doesnt come with omega 3. unsure if i need to supplement this seperately?
    i like this as less vit e and not excessive amounts b1,b6 but does have high biotin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitabiotics...8912167&sr=8-1
    or this one. but excessive b1, b6. lower then other one vit e. comes with omega.

is the omega a nec' supplement?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not take the Vitabiotics product as it has some things in it that you should avoid IMO as they're not proven adequately safe to my liking during pregnancy. The Sainsbury is better.

It's up to you about Omega 3. Some choose to and some don't. Totally at your discretion. I took it with my younger 3, but not my older two, and see no difference LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Do not take the Vitabiotics product as it has some things in it that you should avoid IMO as they're not proven adequately safe to my liking during pregnancy. The Sainsbury is better.

It's up to you about Omega 3. Some choose to and some don't. Totally at your discretion. I took it with my younger 3, but not my older two, and see no difference LOL
    Strangely enough i liked the sainsburys one when i saw it.
    Why is the vitabiotics one dangerous? What have they added?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no reason for a pregnant woman to be taking l-arginine at all and inositol during pregnancy only under the care of a doctor. It's a lowish dose of inositol, but a fairly high one of l-arginine which can cause herpesvirus to flare up and that may be harmful to unborn babies. Plus it may raise testosterone and is 100% proven to affect levels of sex hormones (as is inositol.) I just prefer you guys avoid things that may affect sex hormones when pregnant, as sex hormones are what keep you pregnant! (let alone any negative effect on unborn baby)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    There's no reason for a pregnant woman to be taking l-arginine at all and inositol during pregnancy only under the care of a doctor. It's a lowish dose of inositol, but a fairly high one of l-arginine which can cause herpesvirus to flare up and that may be harmful to unborn babies. Plus it may raise testosterone and is 100% proven to affect levels of sex hormones (as is inositol.) I just prefer you guys avoid things that may affect sex hormones when pregnant, as sex hormones are what keep you pregnant! (let alone any negative effect on unborn baby)
    Thanks once again, interesting stuff! Something told.me.something wos up wiv vitabiotics couldnt put finger on it!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    atomic, before i buy can i just triple check that the amount of panothatic acid at 8.7mg is ok? Last Qu

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's slightly more than the standard recommendation (6/7 mg range) but I wouldn't worry about it. Not hugely more.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    really am confused my vitamin malarky! dont wanna take ''too much'' and cause problems that i shouldnt.. same time dont wanna take too little!!!

i was looking at our nhs the freebies they give to some people only have folic acid, vitamin D & Vitamin C thats it!!

How crutial are these B vitamins? Iron etc?
    Is it ok to take folate & folic acid.. plan was 400 folic acid, 200 folate? as if i buy the pregnancy supplement its folic acid not folate.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just watch out for things that are like WAYYY over the recommendations. A little bit more is ok, it's the vitamins that have like 800% of stuff that you need to watch out for.

I do like you guys to take iron when pregnant. Most people get more than enough B vitamins since food is fortified with most of them and if you eat a normal healthy diet you don't need extra. So you could take the free NHS vitamins and then get an extra iron 18-30 mg.

Yes you can mix folate and folic acid. The only people who can't are those who can't tolerate folic acid (they should never take folic acid or even eat foods fortified with it) but that is a small minority of people with the MTHFR mutation or a history of repeat unexplained losses.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya to check when i finally get pregnancy vitamins i am alright just to jump in and take them straight away?
    Im currently 600ug folate & vitamin d3 only...
    I was planning to keep up a extra 200ug folate along sode 400mg folic acid thats in pregnancy supplement. Please advise what you thinks best. Also can i take folate 200ug at same time as pregnancy supplements? Or better to take different times?
    Thanks soooooo much!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast