Thread: Clomid question

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid question

Does Clomid usually delay ovulation or move it up to be sooner? I ovulate fine on my own, not sure if that makes a difference. But my DH has business next month and he has the leave the day after I ovulate if I don't take the clomid. I don't want to take clomid, have him be gone and ovulate late. That would be a waste of a month.

Do I risk it?
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you shouldn't take the Clomid if you don't need it, there is no reason too as you ovulate on your own. Unless you have been struggling TTC for awhile now? There are too many risks involved and I am not talking about the timing of your ovulation.
    Last edited by michaela; January 27th, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been TTC for a while, I have had CD 3 blood work, an HSG, etc. I am not just ordering it off the internet, I am under the care of a doctor.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are other reasons why people are prescribed Clomid aside from just ovulating, of course. it may make better eggs and also will help with LP problems. Doctors often prescribe it even if you are ovulating, if you've been trying a long time which I know Kasey has!

For everyone else reading this thread, do not order Clomid online or get it from a friend, doctor only.

Kasey, if you are really concerned about it, then you can always postpone the clomid by a month. Since you can only stay on Clomid a short while, better to postpone the Clomid than risk having to waste a month without being able to try.

Kasey did you see I wrote your essay on Clomid and swaying?? It's in the Gender Swaying section.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are other reasons why people are prescribed Clomid aside from just ovulating, of course. it may make better eggs and also will help with LP problems. Doctors often prescribe it even if you are ovulating, if you've been trying a long time
    Right.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great Atomic! I am going to check it out. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was given Clomid even though I ovulated because we had 2 m/c back to back, and my doc said it could help with the egg quality like Atomic mentioned. I usually ovulate around day 14 and I ovulated each month on Clomid a day early.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!