Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need some help I'm so confused!

Hi everyone I'm new here and looking for some advice. I'm a mother of two children already a boy 8 and a girl 5. I didnt notice much difficulty having them but I also wasnt paying as much attention as I am this time around. This time I stopped BC in Oct had a period 7 days later and havent seen one since. I figured I wasnt ovulating so I started OPKs, tempting and Vitex. About 5 days later it looks like I ovulated. Then at 7dpo I had a temp drop and light spotting. I thought surely implantation bleeding. But it got slightly heavier not to my normal period level but more than what I would consider implantation. So I started to think maybe this is a period on Vitex. I spotted from dec 30 until yesterday then It stopped. Today my temperature started to rise again. All my pregnancy test have been negative. I'm not sure what's going. Does anyone have any experience with this happening? This is my first time tempting as well so I'm not really keen on reading this chart. I just make sure to take it every day same time same way. My temp today was high for me but I thought after period it stays low until after ovulation. So I'm really confused as to what my body is doing. I attached a pic of my chart as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The period you had in October was likely not a real period, more a withdrawal bleed from coming off the BCP. This may mean you haven't had a period at all since coming off the BCP, and sometimes that happens, it takes a little while for things to go back to normal after coming off the BCP.

The first thing you need to do is stop Vitex. I don't know how long you've been on it and how you're taking it, but vitex has been a disaster for us. It has delayed or even stopped ovulation for a good many people who tried it and also shortened LP. For many people, they didn't get pregnant while taking it even with regular cycles. Vitex is something that we've pretty much stopped using totaly (with the exception of those who insist on it) because it creates problems and doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to.

I'm not convinced you ever ovulated (yet) The best way to know what is happening is to go to the doc for bloodwork to see where you are in the cycle. What I would do is just keep trying every 96 hours (or 72 for better odds of conception but possibly lower chance of pink), drop the vitex, and see what happens.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much I had no idea about the Vitex I will discontinue it. Ive been taking it since December 17th 1000mg per day. Is there anything else I should take to help? I have a doctors appointment next week to see what's going on.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, a lot of sites make it sound so good but it used to be used as a birth control pill during the Middle Ages!

Most of the stuff that people take is worse than nothing. The best thing you can do is get in to the doc and have them do bloodwork, they may be able to prescribe either some form of progesterone which will trigger a bleed (this can kickstart your natural cycle) or Clomid to get you ovulating, or both. The herbs really don't work at all and tend to make matters worse.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to come back and thank you for your help. I stopped the vitex and went to the doctor. He checked in everything and in perfectly fine and there is no explanation as to why my period hasn't started back. So he gave me provera forn14days then clomid for cycle days 3 thur 7. I'm glad I went ahead and got it taken care of. Thanks again for the guidance.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Thanks for updating us! Let me know if you need anything!