Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ovulation help!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you all the best!!!!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    D1: DD2
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow, thanks for updating us! So sorry to hear of your loss.

I can't ever know the causes for a loss. That sounds chromosomal and not related to an SCH the way you're describing it - in an SCH related loss, I expect to see a gestationally normal baby, possibly but not always a bit small but appropriately developed, that passes away. That having been said the cinnamon was at least somewhat at fault in causing the SCH. Cinnamon is extremely powerful stuff and I do not have most of my swayers use it - only people with severe PCOS and/or 30-50 lbs to spare. Those who do use minuscule amounts. So I would definitely advise against doing that when TTC and never use more than dietary amounts during pregnancy. Given your weight there is no reason for you to be eating any more than just whatever you normally eat.

He's welcome to take OLE but I don't think it helps anyone's sway really. I think you're overthinking the Zoloft - we have plenty of men fathering babies while on Zoloft even with other unhealthy lifestyle things. I certainly wouldn't start adding in a bunch of fertility boosters unless you are looking at a sperm analysis result that had a low count. Zoloft actually tends to sway pink in men. I'm not sure if you're asking me if your chances of sway success are better (very likely yes) or if your odds of conception are terribly low (no, most people get pregnant with no issues even when their hubbies have been on Zoloft a long time) but there you have it.

What did your doctor say about when it's ok to try again?? For swaying purposes we like to see you guys try very quickly, but ONLY inasmuch as you have your doctor's approval. Most doctors will advise waiting one cycle after a D and C, but if you had a different type of management and it was uncomplicated, you may be able to try again sooner. I can't answer that from here - we need their advice on that. There is absolutely NO reason to "wait a cycle for dating purposes". That was always BS and it's even more ridiculous nowadays when we have ultrasound machines.

I definitely want you on our alternate diet with your history of being a little higher in weight than you are now. Be aware that being vegan will be higher in carbohydrates. I actually prefer to see people continue with dairy and eggs on the alt. diet so they don't go overboard with carbs, but you need to do what feels right to you.

I would suggest 1200-1600 mcg (that is micrograms, not milligrams) of folic acid taken daily, you can split it up into smaller doses 3-4 times a day, it's best used that way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me with all that info!
    I definitely won’t be going anywhere near cinnamon again
    And chromosomal is probably more likely as you said given the explanation you’ve just given and is what the gyne thought too.

How interesting that Zoloft sways pink and plenty of men go on to father children on it. All the info online gave me dyer statistics of it affecting dna fragmentation, motility and count! But with your experience on this site, thats very reassuring to hear.

I did end up having a D&C in December due to retained products. They said I could wait 2 weeks before trying if I felt ready in which we had an attempt and BFN. I do hope that’s just my body getting back to normal and not hubby! How long would be a reasonable time frame to ttc for before thinking about a sperm analysis? Like 6 months?

Also, when I had the D&C they noted I had one simple cyst on one ovary and one septated cyst on the other ( which is seemingly my dominant ovary I ovulate from most months/previous pregnancies)
    Would this likely have an affect on ovulation and fertility on my behalf? I’ve never been diagnosed or thought to have pcos or endo unless it’s just popped up now. And never previously had a septated one, just simple cysts and they were only in the first few weeks of pregnancy. I’d be so cautious to take anything to boost ovulation as that can encourage them to grow is that correct? But might be my egg quality or hormones are out of whack either due to that or recent MC. I did take 3 cycles after the last one, to have my last girl so I’m trying to remain positive as it’s still early days. I am awaiting a scan for more info on the cysts but it did get me thinking could the septated one be reaking havoc with my hormones somehow? Again not much info from DR. My last ovulation two weeks ago ( if I did in fact ovulate) felt like it does every cycle. But I’m not sure after previous MC I ovulated first cycle anyway taking the Zoloft out of the equation. I did attempt to temp but lost the monitor at OV so couldn’t get a clear picture of temps after. I also use Lh strips as previously and all looked good on that front. So many different variables now so do find myself over thinking it all
    But hopefully onto the next cycle. I won’t be doing vegan or adding different foods to the mix as it just gets way too stressful and confusing so thanks for that advice and all of it really.
    If you can navigate my ramblings, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks x
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It had gone into moderation, I approved it for you.

The Internet always focuses on worst case scenarios but we've had a lot of guys on it and fathering children.

If you can afford it, just to rule it out I'd probably have it done sooner rather than later. Not because it will necessarily prove anything is amiss, but just so you know what is going on. Waiting 6 months is fine, too - totally at your discretion.

So did you get your period after believing you had ovulated? If you got your period then you probably did ovulate and just didn't catch the egg.

Simple cysts are NBD, people get those all the time. The septated cyst may need to be biopsied - what did they say about it? I can't really sound off on that aspect because I am not an ultrasound tech. It may be that it looked fine to them and will resolve but as a general rule septated cysts are biopsied to rule out anything more serious (rare, but always possible, so please don't be scared, we just want to rule out anything bad). They will be able to tell you more after the followup scan.

The appearance of cysts with PCOS is very distinctive and that is not what you're describing here. They would have mentioned it if they thought PCOS.

Cysts can inhibit ovulation. That is how they would negatively effect fertility. I'm not really sure what you're asking me about them wreaking havoc with your hormones. In most cases cysts resolve on their own and then everything works out just fine.

Yes, unless your doctor advises you differently, it's best not to take Clomid or Femara with an ovarian cyst.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops, I missed a question

Yes please have hubby do regular release every 2-4 days to ensure he has a good level of healthy sperm. No abstain or daily release.

9. Likes Mum of four monkeys liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for clarifying release days. I don’t think I’d want to overwhelm DH with an analysis just yet as he hates any kind of additional stress and pressure when it comes to ttc. So I think that is enough for me to know there is every possibility that it may not affect his swimmers to the point that it was completely impossible. And we can always revisit that in 6 months if no luck & everything seems good my side. He is on the lowest dose so said he would prefer to try a male conception vitamin first. Not sure if there is any affect on sperm health if that would make a difference or not?

So not a period exactly! It started off as strong twinges in my side then just spotting really so I thought okay AF is starting. but definitely not a normal flow or duration. Then Today ( 5 days later) I decided To do a LH test as I was a little suspicious as AF seems to have virtually disappeared, along with the pains I was having and sometimes get before AF. and there is a line but it’s not positive. So maybe my body is gearing/geared back up for ovulation if it didn’t happen over 2 weeks ago. Or it’s a cyst LH/confusion thing going on. I’m sure I’ll find out at some point.

So when they told me about the S cyst they didn’t seem overly worried but said it should be checked by gyne to see if and how they wanted to proceed anyway as there was a 3mm single division which I think is borderline. When I had a little look online ( shakes own head in disappointment) I did see some info saying complex ones related to endo or pcos can affect fertility but most of the info was kind of just generic saying it doesn’t affect fertility or hormones otherwise. It’s confusing as the DR knew we were intending to get back to ttc but I wasn’t advised not to due to the S cyst and nothing was mentioned about it possibly inhibiting fertility or that I should be mindful or careful about it. ( I know that might not be the case but I hope if they were worried they would have at least advised that) I guess the gyne DR will look over everything and if a biopsy is required, ttc would need to take a back seat I imagine.

The scan I have, in around a weeks time, was ordered by my GP because I started having some very very strong twinge type pains in that area/side, nausea & bloating. just over a week ago, coinciding with the spotting ( a day or so before actually) So she wants to see if there’s any changes in advance of my gyne referral ( no appointment yet) Incase she needs to bring it forward. hopefully the scan should at least shed some light. But no mention of pcos looking ovaries last time and I’m hoping all has/will resolve on its own asap.
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553

DW (34) DH (36)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I totally understand.

The conception vitamins may sway somewhat blue in theory, but in reality nothing men have done (aside from smoking and jogging/biking) has been proven to add a whole lot to the sway. If you want, you can try a Men's One a Day over 50 vitamin, 1000 mg carnitine, and 500 mg arginine. This is a cheap way to get the benefits of the super expensive fertility supplements without getting a lot of the herbal junk and megadose vitamins (which are worse than nothing).

If you didn't get your period when you expected, then this "ovulation" was not, in fact, an ovulation. Sometimes you can have things that seem like an ovulation but aren't, and because the hormones in a false O are very similar you'll have the symptoms and everything. Be aware that you can still ovulate as you're describing so you may still be in it to win it this month.

The cyst you are describing doesn't sound like either endo or PCOS. Those things are distinctive altho sometimes they miss them and have to do more testing. You do need to see your gyno to rule out anything serious/scary. This is not because it will mess up your fertility but because it could indicate a very slim chance of cancer and we don't want to mess around with that. Don't panic, but don't put it off. I suspect because they were chill about it, that it didn't look cancerous but if it does need to be biopsied it might be better to have that done before you get pregnant. It very well may be the case that you have a followup scan and it's totally gone.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for all that and your prompt reply!
    Thanks re:recommendation of vitamin. WeÂ’ll look at it for next month ( I know they donÂ’t work straight away due to how S production works etc)

I do still hope IÂ’m in with a chance this month. My fingers are tightly crossed.
    I did just have one question about LH surges. and I feel pretty silly for not even knowing the answer to this because I have been testing with them for maybe 20years! But IÂ’ve just never had this happen before. So I seem to be going from almost positive or dark lines in the Am to very faint in the PM ( urine not anymore diluted than the morning I would say) even in the past if it was a little diluted it never really changed the result. If there was a surge IÂ’d always detect it and if there wasnÂ’t I wouldnÂ’t. Just wondering what would be the reason for the inconsistencies in the testing? ( light-morning, dark-afternoon ) dark- morning then light afternoon. Or dark one day, light the next day. but never quite positive (accept what I thought was two weeks ago) for reference, IÂ’m testing twice a day. if my body doesnÂ’t get around to ovulating properly would I get a delayed/early period or no period at all?! IÂ’m sure the months IÂ’ve believed I havenÂ’t ovulated, I may have had a slightly earlier period.

Yes, not pcos or endo from my understanding.
    I do hope that is the case when I have the scan but yeah, IÂ’m aware of the risk of C so hope this gyno doesn’t take too long to get me in the door if need be.

EDIT: both cysts have now gone! �� the relief is huge! Still no sign of ovulation having happened or approaching on the scan. But it’s been noted ‘ The endometrium appears distended with homogenous
    avascular material’ but I’m not sure what that means in relation to ttc! Also, the vits you recommended may possibly cause bloating and nausea? I don’t think he’d stay on them if that was the case. He found a generic one called well man conception which contains both of those two but in minimal amounts and a lot of other stuff too. Thoughts? Not worth it and just go with the two? ( L arginine + L carnitine )
    Last edited by Mum of four monkeys; February 5th, 2024 at 01:28 PM.
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553

DW (34) DH (36)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12