Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vit D, K, and A ok or not for girl sway?

Hi Atomic

My sister is swaying pink (she should TTC in January), I am swaying blue (I will TTC in November). Both of us had tested positive for Covid few weeks ago, and now we are both negative. However our doctor advised that we take daily the following as a way to boost our immunity

Vitamin D3 5000 IU
    Vitamin K2 100 mcg
    Vitamin A 2000 mcg

My questions are

1. For my sister’s pink sway I believe this is too much Vit D, right? so do you think she should delay her sway till after she stops taking this amount of Vit D?

2. The other Vit K and Vit A are ok or not for her pink sway? Currently in terms of supplements she is only taking Folic Acid 1500 mcg

3. For my blue sway I am already taking 1000 IU Vitamin D (along with the other blue supplements), and you had advised me previously to drop the big amount of vitamin D to stick to 1000 IU, so I can actually drop the Vitamin D that the doctor gave me and just stick to my 1000 IU. But what about the vitamin K and A, are they ok for my blue sway?

4. My husband also added the above (D, A and K) to his supplements that he has been taking which are Magnesium, multivitamin, probiotics, and Omega 3. Is that ok for him or he should drop the above D, A and K?

Thank you a lot in advance
    Last edited by Nora Aaron; October 10th, 2021 at 09:37 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why are they saying you need to "boost your immunity"? One of the most common health ailments that befall young women is autoimmune disease, where your body literally is attacking itself, and since Covid has some autoimmune components to it https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...-many-covid-19 you may not WANT your immune system to be highly revved up. If you've already gotten through Covid, it's very likely your body is well set up to handle any germs that come your way.

I don't think you guys should be on those vitamins ANYWAY (at least not at those levels) unless your levels were tested and found to be low. All three of them are fat soluble vitamins, if you take too much they get stored up in your fat. Vitamin K is kept in your body and about 1/3 of it is recycled and used again (tho that's not a terribly high dose, you're likely also getting some in your multivitamin as well). Vitamin A has the potential to be dangerous if too much is saved up in your body and is a known teratogen, meaning it could potentially harm a fetus. I hope the Vitamin A you're taking is in a carotene form and not synthetic, because the Vitamin A can be safer in a carotene form. And Vitamin D can be beneficial, but 5000 is quite a lot since you are likely alredy getting some via diet and prenatals/multivitamins (or will start those in your sister's case, when she gets pregnant). If you already had adequate blood levels of Vitamin D I would not take more than 2000 a day max, though you could also take the 5000 once a week or so. I would seek a second opinion that includes having your levels of these nutrients tested before taking those vitamins at that intake.

For pink swayers, they should not be taking any of those vitamins. They all could be harmful to the sway because fat soluble vitamins may raise testosterone. If you really feel you guys need to take them and are benefiting from them, she can take the Vitamin D once a week and the A and K twice.

I would have you stick to what you're already taking for your sway. If you're eating the HE Diet, all those fruit and veg you're hopefully eating, plus those healthy fats you're getting which aid in absorption, and hopefully also drinking tomato or V8 juice (has carrot juice in it) will be giving you a great intake of Vitamin A and K coupled with whatever is in your prenatal.

Your husband also can take the Vitamin D once, the A and K twice, if he must, but please check his multivitamin to see if there's already a high dose of those nutrients in his vitamin.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Nora Aaron thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thank you so much I am so happy I asked you! We will drop it all together no need to risk it since it is not necessary for us. Thanks again so much

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post