Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Green

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Team Green

I am going to try my hardest to stay team green. I had good sway for a boy. My question is.. I have my NT scan in 1 week. Should I not ask for a picture so I don't figure it out from the nub? I like to guess for fun, but seems if you get a good nub shot it would tell me what I'm having. This is tough!! What do I do?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be team green this time around too when I get pregnant!
    I will be guessing the nub for fun I think tho
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I say, unless you really want an inkling... Don't get a nub shot! It drove me nuts and I went to finding out from team green!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would let the tech know that you dont want to know the sex, then you wont accidentally get a nub shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At lot of the techs dont believe that nubs tell the gender so you may get one accidently! I say what will be, will be. Just sit back and wait and see what you come out with Have you been team green before??

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to stay green, but no selfdicipline at all.. But my choice to find out early is also because I would rather be sad about the ("wrong") gender early in the pregnancy than during the first moments/days after the baby is born.

Do you have a (strong) preference? If you do, maybe it's not so smart to ask/get a nub shot. What if everyone thinks the nub looks boyish/girlish and that is exactly what you want/don't want? What if it turns out the nubtheory was right/wrong in your case? How would you feel the first moments after birth?

Our Last Little One:

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be honest with the tech say you know a bit about nub theory and you know they may not think its a good gender clue but if possible could they please only print you photos where the nub isnt visible. Im sure they would oblige if u were honest - just sy youd spend hours annalysing it otherwise.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't do it! As soon as I had my 12 week scan with my last daughter, I knew what I was having just as soon as she popped up on the screen and the pics were printed out and I had just learned about the nub theory. To me, the nub theory is more than just a theory or just guessing for fun.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your help. We have 2 DD and this is our last pregnancy no matter the gender. It was at this 12 week nt scan that I got a picture of a flat nub with my last DD. I tried to still hold out hope for a boy but was sad when I was told for sure it was a girl even though it turned out to be a HUGE blessing. I LOVE having 2 girls. With this being my last baby, I would love a boy but I know I'd still be happy with another girl. God has a better plan than I do and I just have to trust it. To be honest, the only thing that holds me back from not finding out is not wanting people to feel sorry for me on delivery day should this baby be another girl. I really shouldnt care what anyone else thinks though. I just thought not finding out would make this 3rd pregnancy more exciting! Big decision.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the same boat. Plan to go team green but scared to go to the NT scan ( I will be nearly 13 weeks - which makes it even worse!) I was hoping to schedule the NT scan for the 11th week, but at the last minute decided against that b/c I didn't want to see a super girly nub, lead myself to believe girl throughout the rest of my pregnancy,then deliver a surprise boy.

I am scared I will not be able to enjoy my NT scan b/c a lot of times watching baby shows on tv when they show just brief flashes of an ultrasound, I will spot the nub and guess the gender. The other day while watching The Baby Wait (it's about birth moms and adoption), they showed a small flash of the ultrasound and I thought... Awww... it's a little girl! Sure enough, it was a girl. I don't want to spend my entire ultrasound trying NOT to see the nub. I'm not sure what to do yet.

BUT, if I do catch a glimpse of the nub (& our doc office gives dvd's of the entire scan as well as pictures - so the obsessing would def. begin), I may just have to find out at 20 weeks. It will drive me crazy. Of course, if I see a classic boy/ girl nub at nearly 13 weeks, I'll be 90% sure anyway.

Good luck to you! My appt. is scheduled for the 2nd week in December
    2001: DS1 Mr. Cool

2009: DS2 My Little Einstein

After many long months of ttc, we are finally expecting baby #3!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast