Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crappy Anatomy Scan

Hi Ladies - I meant to post this before but we've been super busy over the past week. I went for my anatomy scan last week at 18+5. Baby measured at 18 weeks exactly. I swear I had *the worst* ultrasound tech *ever* at this scan. She barely spoke English and was very pokey-prody and had terrible bedside manner. She only somewhat tilted the screen toward me for about 5 minutes of the scan toward the very end. Then when she said she was done, I asked what gender I was having (to confirm from the early elective scan I had done before) and she said she "didn't check." So she took another look and after about 3-4 minutes of trying to see down there, she said she "couldn't tell" but also "didn't see a penis" while she was scanning before. So then she said good bye to me and I walked out of the clinic without even a single picture of my scan. I was fuming.

The private tech I saw at 14 weeks was very good and said I had a "textbook girl." At 18 weeks, if the baby was a boy, would the tech be able to see the boy bits clearly on a scan? I'm still feeling confident the private tech was right and this last one was just a complete ding-a-ling, but I guess I'm feeling a little nervous now... Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would honestly file a complaint! That is ridiculous! We wait forever to get to see our ultrasounds... It's one of our first bonding moments and should not be ruined by someone that's in a bitchy mood... My 12 week tech was basically the same experience I wasn't very happy about it....

Sorry for your bad experience... I would personally have to do another private scan so I could know for sure
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's awful I'm so sorry.
    My anatomy scan was two days ago. And the tech was very nice and took her time with us. I asked if she saw gender and she said she saw it either in the scan and its a girl. She showed me between the legs briefly and then flipped the angle to behind the bum to show me lines. I know that's a terrible angle for gender determination. So I doubted her credibility a little bit then. However, I'm trying to be confident.

My advice to you, just for your reassurance, is to get a private scan. DH and I got a triple deluxe package. We get three visits. So the first one was at 17.3 weeks when I got all those girl shots, and the second one will be August 3rd. I'll be 23.3 weeks. The last one is in September when I'll be 28 weeks. So I still have two more times to confirm gender and that makes me feel so much better.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for your bad experience I would file a complain. I am pretty sure that she would have been able to see a pee pee in there because when I got my scan with DS1 at 17 weeks they saw it right away.
    DS1 DS2 DS3

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! That is awful. I would definitely call someone and request another scan. These docs and techs know how much we look forward to seeing the baby and bonding with them! I wouldn't let them slide with this. Sorry for the bad experience. Congrats on baby girl!
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks lovelies! You are all so sweet. I'm afraid to complain because I know how hard it is to lose a job and have to find a new one. This lady could have children depending on her to provide and I'd hate to be responsible for someone losing their job. I am not going to complain to the u/s clinic but will ask my midwives to get another scan in a few weeks. I have a uterine fibroid anyway so they'll probably be able to get me another one just because of that. I'll certainly go to a different clinic next time. :P
    2012 (my sweetest little bug)

2013 Thank you Atomic Sagebrush and Gender Dreaming!

Link to my successful girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience but hope that you get a scan sorted soon. Definitely for a different clinic!! Xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be pissed! I am so sorry that happened to you!! I'd also complain.

I was told girl at 18 weeks and then a weenie popped out at 22 weeks....so it can happen. Call and see if you can get another one.
    Now SIXbabies!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a similar situation last week & wrote a formal complaint.
    Hardly spoke to me, no bedside manner & the entire experience was sad.
    Yep no photo for me either-it's almost the most shattering part!!
    People have told me to go get another one, but it's hard when the moments past.
    I'm sorry you had a yuk experience too, no one should have to at such an exciting time :-(

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirl4Me View Post
    Hi Ladies - I meant to post this before but we've been super busy over the past week. I went for my anatomy scan last week at 18+5. Baby measured at 18 weeks exactly. I swear I had *the worst* ultrasound tech *ever* at this scan. She barely spoke English and was very pokey-prody and had terrible bedside manner. She only somewhat tilted the screen toward me for about 5 minutes of the scan toward the very end.
    Unfortunately some cultures are like that and it perfectly acceptable. Their was a pediatrician at the last military clinic we were assigned to. She was just like that and everyone hated her. All I did was argue with her.

If you file a complaint make sure you get across what the issue was in the clearest manner possible and not just attack her as a person. It was her lack of communication, rough handling, etc that was your problem, nothing to do with her ethnicity, beliefs, religion, etc.

In the USA some people have to take "sensitivity training". Even though that person was from another country other than yours they may need sensitivity training for OUR cultures. We find her approach and behavior in the u/s to be offensive.

I understand your hesitancy as it is hard to lose a job and find another, but you may help save her job in the long run.

I honestly feel you can say ANYTHING, it all comes down to how you say it which totally determines how it is taken.

FWIW, I am sure we'd be happy to give feedback if you write something up! Just an idea!!

My Gender Dreaming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast