Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down Our dream has ended

Well, we had our 12 week scan and baby is looking well. Organs look to be in the right place, but obviously certain things aren't developed enough yet to give the full picture.

I got excited at first because the profile shot gave a lovely girly skull:

But then the sonographer panned out and it was the most boy nub I've ever seen! This was the best print to see it

The sonographer (who is the most experienced there and as its the detailed machine the best they have) asked if we wanted to see if it was a boy or girl, even though its still early, and she said she'd put money on it staying/being boy.

It's what I've felt all along, but I'm devastated. My dream of a daughter is over, I was so close to my little girl and she was taken away from me. I'm a big believer in karma, and I know I've done wrong in my life, so I guess I deserve this. I don't deserve a girl.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh hun, Im so sorry I am rubbish at the ultrasounds so I can't comment at all, but it is still early. I have no doubts that even though I trying for a girl, I will too have three boys too. As gutted as I will be for the daughter I will never have, I know that a third little boy will be a delight. I have no doubts that this little one will be perfect for your family and you soon wont be able to imagine life without them. I know (I read your blog) that you have had such a tough time of things and I feel for you so much. But as opposed to it being karma and you not deserving a girl, I don't believe that for a second and I really believe that this little one was truly meant for you. I hope you find peace soon xxx
    Love my Boys
    DS1 Sep 2009
    DS2 May 2011
    M/C Feb 2013 (7weeks)
    ttc DD in 2013, but would welcome another blue to complete the family too

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in a similar place 2 years ago when I found out I was expecting my third boy at the 19 week scan. Although I had not been through the tragedy you have been through, I was still devastated as I had convinced myself that pregnancy no. 3 would be a girl. I am embarrassed to admit I cried for weeks and thought I couldn't possibly consider a 4th child - my chance for a daughter was over.
    2 years on - and we have a delightful little man who is full of joy and besotted with his 2 big brothers... I cannot imagine our family without him. I can now see a future with 6 in the family so we are going HT soon, which may or may not work. If it doesn't I know I will be more than content with our 3 little musketeers
    (7) (5) (2)

hoping for a beautiful in 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh no i am so sorry for you

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hun, I'm very sorry you're feeling this way, I just wanted to offer a little bit of hope, I had a very boy looking nub on one of my pics and was scared to post it but it was a girl anyway, 12 weeks is early days and nothing at this stage is 100%. I would prepare yourself to hear boy though and just wanted to send you my hugs and thoughts and hope that if this is another little man that time will heal the pain xx
    Two gorgeous and two angel

Our precious has arrived 20th February 2014! Our dreams have come true!

Thank you Genderdreaming and Atomic! x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you didn't hear girl. He looks very cute, I love his little nose. He will heal your broken in so many way's. After losing your daughter, life seems to be over. But it's our children and especially the rainbow babies, who get us through it. This little baby boy will be amazing.

And would it help to make a plan? HT maybe to try one last time for your little girl? I can totally understand not being able to move on without a little girl. Is that at all possible? I hope so.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, but this is it. No more.

I'm struggling more than I thought I would tbh. At the moment I don't want this baby. I would never get rid of him, but in my heart right now I don't want another boy. I've been really struggling the past few weeks with coping with the two I have, but I had that hope that I may be bringing a girl into our family, but that hope is gone. Instead I'm full of dread at three boys and how I'll cope.

I hate that I sound selfish and I know I'm a spoilt brat/bitch/ insert your own word here, I just don't know what to do now. I want to see and hold my baby girl again, make the most of it, never let her go.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Northern this is heartbreaking!!!! If only I had the right words for you to feel better! I can't imagine what you are feeling. All I can say is I felt the same way with ds3 at times I didn't even want to continue with the pregnancy and wished I could take it all back. I would never consider abortion or anything, I just at times wished it never happened. It was the hardest pregnancy I ever had emotionally and physically. I was on strict bed rest for 5 months. I hated every moment. I of course fell in love with him once he was here. He is by far my most challenging and difficult child, but there is something so special about this little dude and our family would not be the same without him. He is such a daddy's boy and my husband LOVES that because the other two never were. He LOVES his older brothers and wants to be just like them..... It's really so sweet and I absolutely adore having my 3 boys. You are in a very unique situation that not many people can relate to, but my heart hurts for you. I am a very spiritual person, and I truly believe The Lord has a plan for each one of us, and he understands better than anyone what we are feeling and we can find comfort in him. I also believe that you will see and be with your sweet Evelyn again after this life! I wish I could hug you and help you find peace in this. I'm so sorry for your pain!
    (6) (4) (2)
    Can't believe I'm finally getting my

My Nub Shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-13w2d.html

My sway below
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your HEALTHY little man! He appears to be gorgeous... Tbh I have no idea how you feel obviously upset you should be holding your little Evelyn right now and instead your finding out your having a boy... It's a sad situation that your in cause you did have a girl and she was taken from you

Please don't resent him for being a boy try to embrace his health... He is going to bring you so much happiness believe me... As I sit here with my ds3 climbing all over my head the one baby I wanted so bad to be a girl and he is my best friend I wouldn't ever say he's my favorite (out loud) we have the closest bond ever... Maybe you can try again? I know after ds3 I didn't feel complete in general I felt like I needed a girl but most of all another baby and I got ds4; and let me tell you I feel complete I have no desire for the girl I once wanted... Which is a million times dif then your situation I know but in general I feel done and ready to move on from my child bearing...

I hope this is coming out right lol... I hate typing you can't hear tones and stuff and I tend to ramble all over the place :s

I know you must just plain and simple feel ripped off... And I can't even begin to imagine going through that kind of loss boy or girl... I say go shopping get some retail therapy in and maybe do a spa day to relax and get away...

I would try and focus on his health cause there is nothing more important than that
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really feel for you, this must be so so hard. Life can be so cruel. Its awful you lost your daughter, and this now must feel so terrible. I'm not sure there is anything that can be said that will make you feel better right now, but I hope in time it will get easier.

I have two boys also and we lost our little girl at 17 weeks in February and it was absolutely devastating. I know it was under different circumstances, she died inutero due to suspected trisomy 13 or 18 but we never knew there was actually a problem until I had bleeding and it was discovered she had passed. It was the worst time of my life and I still miss her desperately.

I think the loss has made this new pregnancy (currently 20 weeks) so much harder as I desperately want this one to be another girl, whereas before, the desire wasn't as strong as this. I mean we wanted a daughter after DS2 but somehow whilst i was pregnant with her and before we found out she was a girl, I was okay with the possibility of a third boy. This time I am really struggling with the idea.. Not sure if I have explained that properly. I think somehow the loss has made my feelings more intense and it is an awful feeling as every time I think it is a boy I feel so depressed because I so badly want another daughter.

We don't know the sex of this baby, but I deep down feel it is a boy. The nub shot has also been pretty inconclusive, which hasn't helped either. This pregnancy has been so tough mentally, initially i was only worried about the health of the baby and convinced there would be another problem. Fortunately, the nuchal scan results have been good, but now the gender worries have set in. I have my anatomy scan next week and apart from hoping that everything is okay, I am absolutely dreading hearing that the baby is a boy. We hadn't really planned to get pregnant again so soon, and in hindsight I wish we had waited until I was in a better frame of mind.
    I know none of this has been of much help, but I wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in your feelings.
    I am sending you lots of hugs and will keep my fingers crossed that the nub theory isn't accurate in your case and yours is one of the ones that ends up being a girl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast