Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ramzi me Pls! 8wks abdominal US I posted before & no1 replied but replied to all the other Ramzi Req

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a total noob. It's really hard for me to tell where the placenta is. There is one pic where I think I see a yolk sac on the left, so for an abdominal ultrasound that would correspond to your left side, which would mean a girl. The yolk sac is not the placenta, but the placenta generally forms on the same side as the yolk sac.
    Last edited by Calidreaming; October 20th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can you please tell me which picture you think you see the yolk sac in? Also I read If it's an abdominal us when you look at the pic it's reversed so whatever side its on then u switch it to the other side. (But who Knws Lol) i didn't knw about the Ramzi theory before my us so didn't think to ask! Im jus anxious/nervous & stressed! My first Born is a son & My Husband has 3 sons from prior marriages/relations so he has $ Boys

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I see it in the 4th pic with the colored frame. Also, it seems the baby is seems to be situated in the left side, which if it's early enough is a good approximation of where the placenta will be.

Yes I've read that abdominal ultrasounds are mirror images, but a mirror image means that right side of the image=right side of the body. If you hold up your right hand in a mirror, you will see your hand raised on the right side of the mirror. An example of a non-mirrored image is if you are facing someone and go to shake their right hand--you're going to reach to the left side of your body. I think this is what is causing a lot of confusion in using this method.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by evaeads1985 View Post
    can you please tell me which picture you think you see the yolk sac in? Also I read If it's an abdominal us when you look at the pic it's reversed so whatever side its on then u switch it to the other side. (But who Knws Lol) i didn't knw about the Ramzi theory before my us so didn't think to ask! Im jus anxious/nervous & stressed! My first Born is a son & My Husband has 3 sons from prior marriages/relations so he has $ Boys
    I meant he has 4 boys no girls

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post
    I think I see it in the 4th pic with the colored frame. Also, it seems the baby is seems to be situated in the left side, which if it's early enough is a good approximation of where the placenta will be.

Yes I've read that abdominal ultrasounds are mirror images, but a mirror image means that right side of the image=right side of the body. If you hold up your right hand in a mirror, you will see your hand raised on the right side of the mirror. An example of a non-mirrored image is if you are facing someone and go to shake their right hand--you're going to reach to the left side of your body. I think this is what is causing a lot of confusion in using this method.
    Ok say I have one more question so r u seeing the yolk sac baby on the right which turns into the left side due to the example that you written above? Thanks for all ur advice I really appreciate it

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd guess boy. But I don't put a lot of stock in the theory. It's hard to tell which images are flipped and which aren't. The tech can flip it however they want. Your picture with the yolk sac (4th down) appears to be upside down based on the sono pic shape. And then the Doppler scans have more activity on the right side if the frame (bottom pic). Just a guess though.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidreaming View Post

Now you really got me confused......the way I think of a transverse is that the sonographer faces you the wand will be placed on your tummy facing you. So when they place the wand picks up something on the left side of your uterus the image to you will appear as your right side and visa versa. So the image produced is transverse to you. Imagine someone faces you and films you that means that whatever is in your left hand they will seem its on their right and so the image printed is a transverse image and flipped. Correct me if I am wrong. I also do not understand why that should be any different to a vaginal ultrasound. But I suppose because the sonographer is facing you they need to see the image form their perspective rather than yours to make the right assessment.

married for 18 years!!!!

ME '74 DH '69

MUM to 5 happy active talented fiesty '00, '04, '06, '12, 14 and 1 '08. GD PART OF MY LIFE NOW. Accepted and enjoying life with my kids! Now in my early 40's still a small glimmer of hope to possibly be blessed with another pink bean, however, more of a fantasy then a deliberate attempt. On coil and not planning anymore. Don't think I could handle GD now.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyboys View Post
    Now you really got me confused......the way I think of a transverse is that the sonographer faces you the wand will be placed on your tummy facing you. So when they place the wand picks up something on the left side of your uterus the image to you will appear as your right side and visa versa. So the image produced is transverse to you. Imagine someone faces you and films you that means that whatever is in your left hand they will seem its on their right and so the image printed is a transverse image and flipped. Correct me if I am wrong. I also do not understand why that should be any different to a vaginal ultrasound. But I suppose because the sonographer is facing you they need to see the image form their perspective rather than yours to make the right assessment.
    I'm not a sonographer, but transverse just means side to side and has no bearing on whether the image is flipped. I'm not sure why the abdominal ultrasounds produce mirror images and the vaginal ones don't, but that is just the general consensus from what I can gather online.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by evaeads1985 View Post
    Ok say I have one more question so r u seeing the yolk sac baby on the right which turns into the left side due to the example that you written above? Thanks for all ur advice I really appreciate it
    In the pic I'm talking about the yolk sac is to the left of the baby. But another poster has pointed out that the pic may be upside down, so that would change things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast