Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

When is a nub possibly not a nub....

So, lovely ladies, i'm 14 weeks pg. I've had 5 pregnancies that have been confirmed boys, three are my gorgeous little boys, one has a Dandy Walker variant, and i lost two boys to the same condition.
    I am usually offered CVS in pregnancy because of my troubles, I have been fighting in the UK to get the condition approved for PGD as 92% off all cases are boys, but obviously even if it does happen it probably wont be during my child bearing years.
    Antway I recently moved, so i'm now under a different district for maternity care, they didnt offer me CVS and have now gathered all my medical history and offered me an Amnio.

I posted my nub shot on here a week or so ago, and on every other baby site I could think of!! I've had all very clear Girl guesses based on my photo and its making me think twice about having an Amnio, I dont know if I want to go through the pain or risk if theres a big chance my baby is the little Girl i've always dreamed of. I did sway, but I know thats no guarantee.

Do you think theres any chance my nub shot, isnt actually a Nub, is shadows or mistaken lines, or some part of the nub is hidden? I thought by conception I was only 12w3 days but they measured me at 12w6 days, if it was the earlier date is there a chance my nub could rise? and is it fairly accurate anyway? or are they literally just guesses?

I've met and been looked after by professor Nicholadies whom I believe wrote a very much studied piece of literature on the nub theory (which i think has been posted on here before) he said from close to 13 weeks its so accurate he tells his mums what colours to paint their nurseries with absolute certainty, so there must be some solid truth to it, but what of our scan photos? is there huge room for error with these prints?

I know ñoone can tell me what to do, but some advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

heres my scan photo again xName:  image.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  148.2 KB

Praying & Swaying with GD help for a

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you able to have the blood test which determines gender? It sounds like this is pretty important to know the gender asap. I think the nub in the photo looks girly. But after recently looking at some confirmed boys nub shots on ingender. There are loads that look girly from a certain angle. (Also making me question my own very girly looking nub shots) II don't mean to put a dampen on your hopes. Can you get another scan done now your 14 weeks?
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That nub does look girly...
    Last edited by bunnywabbit; January 12th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does look girly, however I'm no expert.

As the other ladies have said, could you afford either another scan to see if gender can be determined or the harmony blood test?

Hope this is your girl. Xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From the little I know of dandy walker its a trisomy condition right? Have you had the blood tests and showed a risk? although not conclusive maybe that would help with your decision? A private ultrasound if you could afford it closer to the 15 week range where you would get a better gender shot or ask the doctor for one at that time for gender before you agree to the amnio.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was 1 in 750 it's always been around that figure, it's very hard to detect through the normal trisomy tests, and is better found through CVS, Amnio or later scans (as in 20+ weeks)

They are giving me a 16 week scan anyway due to history but Amnio would come just before that, I guess I could pay for one, it's just finding the spare cash with 6 mouths to feed x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The nub can always rise even into the 13th week (not sure if pics are still up but coralsky had 13+ nub shots that looked very girly and I was FLABBERGASTED when her little one was a boy).

That having been said, it looks very girly and I still remember with crystal clarity looking up at that ultrasound screen and seeing something very very similar to that and thinking "I have never seen anything that looked like THAT on an ultrasound in my life!!" looks exactly like my 13+5 ultrasound with my daughter and I am very hopeful for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Automic, the hospital are scanning me a week earlier than planned so I should know next week. I want to get my hopes up, but I know nubs are no guarantee xxxz