Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nub Guessing between 12-14 weeks

Between 12 and 14 weeks, if you can get the right view during your NT scan, you can make a pretty good guess of what the fetal sex is of your baby! What you need to get is a sagittal view of the baby, which is a vertical image of the body seen on its side like lying on a table, backside down(if the baby is inverted or upside down, then this approach will not work) and you need to be able to see the spine and the end of the baby where the nub is located.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ACTUAL STUDY ON THIS SUBJECT(it did not originate on Baby2see.com!!)

http://www.fetalmedicine.com/fmf/1999_4.pdf

Within this shot, at the end of the spine, there is a genital tubercle sometimes referred to as a genital ‘bump’ or nub. The gender determination is made by studying the angle between the genital bump(nub) and the direction of the lower portion of the spine.

If the angle that is created is greater than 30 degrees then it is a male and if the genital tubercle is parallel or less than a 10 degree angle to the spine, it is a female.

How accurate is a scan this early for determining gender?

Not 100% but pretty good. Out of 1,424 pregnancies in the study, at 11 weeks it was only correct 50% of the time but at 12 weeks, it showed to be 80% accurate and at 13 weeks, 94% accurate!

If you want to receive an accurate nub guess, it is best to schedule your NT scan after 12 weeks!

Name:  nub.jpg
Views: 19814
Size:  20.2 KB

Here is the link to the study that actually provided the information that we use to guess-
    http://www.fetalmedicine.com/fmf/1999_4.pdf
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; October 30th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

2. Likes Sheenad liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums