Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good idea on waiting to announce. I keep telling myself that surely if it was a boy at 16 weeks there would be a protrusion if the legs are open during the potty shot?! I’m sure I saw ds2’s penis fairly obviously at that point. It’s just hearing all the horror stories makes me worried. I bought some lovely girly clothes straight after and I regret that now just in case it’s wrong. When is your next scan? Mine is on the 24th. If they say girl I think i’ll Start to believe. I can see lines on yours but I know what you mean. I counted about 5 lines on mine so was confused about what I was seeing!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  C2068301-0AE4-47D2-83D6-5ACB1EA8B704.jpeg
Views: 8107
Size:  164.3 KB here’s mine for comparison. Lines seem to be all over the place and more than 3, and no hamburger in sight!
    Last edited by Bobster; June 11th, 2019 at 02:53 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Name:  C2068301-0AE4-47D2-83D6-5ACB1EA8B704.jpeg
Views: 8107
Size:  164.3 KB here’s mine for comparison. Lines seem to be all over the place and more than 3, and no hamburger in sight!
    I'm going back to the elective ultrasound place on Saturday for a recheck then have my level II ultrasound on June 20th. I keep thinking the same as you as far as being able to see boy parts at this point. I found out maybe two weeks later with my boys and it was VERY obvious! When we had the elective scan nothing could be seen between the legs at any point from any angle, but I was hoping for that classic three line shot to remove most of my doubt. Even if they confirm I think I'll truly only believe it when she's born lol! (I figured I would start buying clothes after my perinatologist confirms.) I'll update here on Saturday because I know other's posts have been helpful to me and I still haven't found an image exactly like mine.

I'm certainly not an expert but your image looks very girly to me! Everything I've read says 3-5 lines for a girl and you certainly have that! It's the horror stories online that seem to create so much doubt. I keep reminding myself that technology has progressed so much and being told the wrong gender is not the norm.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Good idea on waiting to announce. I keep telling myself that surely if it was a boy at 16 weeks there would be a protrusion if the legs are open during the potty shot?! I’m sure I saw ds2’s penis fairly obviously at that point. It’s just hearing all the horror stories makes me worried. I bought some lovely girly clothes straight after and I regret that now just in case it’s wrong. When is your next scan? Mine is on the 24th. If they say girl I think i’ll Start to believe. I can see lines on yours but I know what you mean. I counted about 5 lines on mine so was confused about what I was seeing!
    Not to add complication to this (because I think these are both girls) but what can happen is that a) the peenie was not fully developed (not too common at 16 weeks, but possible) but MORE likely b) the tech was just not fully focused on it. In Ultrasound they have the ability to capture some body parts and not others (which is why u can see babies that seem to have no legs or arms) so it is possible for there to be a penis present and it just isn't on the screen, and it's also likely to have a penis present that just hasn't grown enough to be visible (altho by 16 we should see something in most cases)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Bobster thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks more like my 16 week girl did than my 16 week boy!!

Mama to 6 little Blessings

TTC in May 2020
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted a reply to you yesterday morning, Bobster. It said it was waiting on approval by a moderator. Being I don't see it I'll try to sum up what I said. I am going for a gender recheck at the elective ultrasound place on Saturday and have my level II ultrasound on the 20th. I will definitely update as other's posts have helped me so much! As far as buying clothes, I'm still in disbelief so I figured I would wait until the gender is confirmed at my ultrasound with the perinatologist.

I'm certainly no expert but your ultrasound looks very girly to me! Everywhere I've been reading 3-5 lines for a girl and you certainly have that! Neither of our ultrasounds look like any of my prior ones with my boys and they were VERY obvious around this time. Good luck at your scan! ❤

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the additional information! That actually gives me a little more reassurance because being we were there for a gender check, she spent most of the time looking for that. I know the live scans show so much more but having four boys (their gender being super obvious on the ultrasound) and not having the "classic" girl shot, I just can't stop these doubts. I did take what I had to my OB appointment yesterday and everyone there said it looked like a girl. When the ultrasound tech agreed I thought...just relax until Saturday and if you hear girl again, it's okay to believe it!
    Last edited by Amber3891; June 12th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    Looks more like my 16 week girl did than my 16 week boy!!

Mama to 6 little Blessings

TTC in May 2020
    Thank you!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your GIRL! 💝
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber3891 View Post
    I posted a reply to you yesterday morning, Bobster. It said it was waiting on approval by a moderator. Being I don't see it I'll try to sum up what I said. I am going for a gender recheck at the elective ultrasound place on Saturday and have my level II ultrasound on the 20th. I will definitely update as other's posts have helped me so much! As far as buying clothes, I'm still in disbelief so I figured I would wait until the gender is confirmed at my ultrasound with the perinatologist.

I'm certainly no expert but your ultrasound looks very girly to me! Everywhere I've been reading 3-5 lines for a girl and you certainly have that! Neither of our ultrasounds look like any of my prior ones with my boys and they were VERY obvious around this time. Good luck at your scan! ❤
    if that ever happens message me with the thread and I'll approve it. Sometimes posts trigger our spam filter and I can't see them unless I know to look for them. Then I can approve them for you guys. Sorry for inconvenience.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast