Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

22 weeks antenatal ultrasound

Had my 22w scan yesterday. Baby is healthy but measuring 2 weeks ahead (24w2d) Is this normal? I read babies measuring ahead are mostly boys.. Am I gonna have a big baby or early baby??

Also any guesses pls

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't upload pics..:-(

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not always true! It could be blue or pink 😊 do you have any 12 week scan pics. I know ramzi isn't accurate but according to your early scan if ramzi is true would be a girl i remember i meant to mesg you!! xox

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    No not always true! It could be blue or pink 😊 do you have any 12 week scan pics. I know ramzi isn't accurate but according to your early scan if ramzi is true would be a girl i remember i meant to mesg you!! xox
    Thank you Nell. I hope so.
    My 13w scan pics were not clear. I had uploaded but didn't get any clue. And the 23w pics are not getting uploaded here lol...
    I hope baby measuring ahead doesn't mean anything..

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is measuring a week ahead and I’m having a girl. I don’t think measuring ahead means anything in particularly, might just be having a bigger baby. Also my midwife said that the measurement is just a general idea. I think 2 weeks ahead is quite normal.

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes TA Sait liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, if you're sure about when you ovulated, the most likely explanation is that the tech made a mistake. While measurements early on can tell how developed a baby is, by mid-pregnancy babies are mostly formed and then individual variations in size of the baby (determined by genetic variation and the health of the placenta) start to play a bigger role. But we have seen i-don't-even-know-how-many cases where the tech tells someone the baby is ahead or behind and they come right on time weighing a perfectly normal amount.

A big baby does not mean your baby is a boy. My daughter was the second biggest of my five, weighing nearly a pound more than my smallest baby (a boy.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Honestly, if you're sure about when you ovulated, the most likely explanation is that the tech made a mistake. While measurements early on can tell how developed a baby is, by mid-pregnancy babies are mostly formed and then individual variations in size of the baby (determined by genetic variation and the health of the placenta) start to play a bigger role. But we have seen i-don't-even-know-how-many cases where the tech tells someone the baby is ahead or behind and they come right on time weighing a perfectly normal amount.

A big baby does not mean your baby is a boy. My daughter was the second biggest of my five, weighing nearly a pound more than my smallest baby (a boy.)
    Thank you for reply atomic. I did e4d(didn't do opk) so not sure when I ovulated. It can be 1 or 2 days up and down but I am sure not 2 weeks late. The tech did the scan twice after the gap of 1/2 an hour and said the same so don't know...

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, if the baby is measuring ahead will my dates change? Am I gonna have a early labour? Also I am 23w today and baby measuring 25w. So am I actually 23w pregnant or 25w?? Clear the confusion ladies..

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, if the baby is measuring ahead will my dates change? Am I gonna have a early labour? Also I am 23w today and baby measuring 25w. So am I actually 23w pregnant or 25w?? Clear the confusion ladies..

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My midwife doesn’t even start measuring until 28 weeks as she says it’s too inaccurate until then. I think your due date will stay the same as the measurement at 12 week scan is more accurate for dating as they are all about the same size then. It’s later that they start to vary in size due to genetic differences ie height/build

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast